KSP Age Groups?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Age?

• In school
    • In college( and/ or 18-24ish)
    • 25-40
    • 41-60
    • Above 60
  2. 2. Some people were complaining about 40 year-olds being grouped with 25 year-olds so...

• 25-30
    • 31-40
    • N/A

4 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Remember the results are skewed because we are already self-selected as quite an "into it" group. We're not just forum members, we're forum members invested enough to click on a poll to see what the age ranges are. Many members won't be that interested, or even see the poll. And many more KSP players won't even have profiles here. Its an informative result, to be sure, but its by no means representative of gross reality.

This is an excellent point honestly. As in any survey which takes data from a sample of a population, it's critical to examine properly the population subgroups involved in the data collection in order to get an accurate result..

I'm 29 and have been playing Kerbal Space Program since 23 1/2 years old at least (around February 25th, 2012 during the 0.13.2/0.13.3 era).  I remember purchasing the game on my 24th birthday back in June 2012. :D

As for my interest in this game; I have been wanting a game like this for a very long time (since very early 2000s at least).  A game where you could literally build your own rockets and other spacecraft.  It wasn't till one night I was digging around MegaGames (which used to be a website I would go for finding No-CD cracks for games we owned).  One of the demos listed was Kerbal Space Program and thought to myself in a 'wow' moment.  However, I decided to check out the real website and download it from there to make sure my leg wasn't pulled.  After downloading the game and loading it up; turns out my dream finally came true.

Before Kerbal Space Program, I remember messing around with Orbiter (which itself packed a steep learning curve) years earlier.  Game wise, I remember playing games like Project:  Space Station (which is a very rare game these days).  Heck, my father once owned a copy of that game on the Commodore 64.  One of my orbital construction pod designs was in fact inspired by Project:  Space Station for work around the space station.  Here is my Heddy Orbital Construction Pod from the early 0.18 days :wink: :

xJyqNOe.png

Anyhow, it's been a long time since I've posted in this forums.  I figured I would make a post after a long time. :wink:

Edited by Bandock
Age correction

18 hours ago, p1t1o said:

And thank you very much for making me feel old.

Can I complain about the 33 year olds being lumped in with the 40 year olds? :wink:

It should be:

Are you:

• A child
  • 33 years old
  • An ancient, decaying elder.

Much more representative.

Actually i think I'm all 3 of these...

A child at heart, in the body of a decaying elder who would like to think he looks 33.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:08 AM, adsii1970 said:

... and Silent Hunter IV.

Big fan of that game, my dad was too. Those damned Mk-14 torpedoes though. So tell me, confess!, how many hours have you laid on the bottom, listening to the creaks of structural integrity slipping away, with depth charges going off all around you... and those pings, hoping not to be found, that telltale change in pitch when they've nailed you. Eh??? LOL!!!

9 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Big fan of that game, my dad was too. Those damned Mk-14 torpedoes though. So tell me, confess!, how many hours have you laid on the bottom, listening to the creaks of structural integrity slipping away, with depth charges going off all around you... and those pings, hoping not to be found, that telltale change in pitch when they've nailed you. Eh??? LOL!!!

Ah, yes... put it to you this way. I've gotten up from the computer, ordered delivery pizza, waited it to be delivered, and eaten with my family in hopes of coming back realizing I've survived (somehow). And normally I limp back to port... :D And that's all I will admit to.

39 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

28 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Ah, yes... put it to you this way. I've gotten up from the computer, ordered delivery pizza, waited it to be delivered, and eaten with my family in hopes of coming back realizing I've survived (somehow). And normally I limp back to port... :D And that's all I will admit to.

*Is playing World of Warships in a Montana Class Battleship trying in vain to dodge torpedoes* helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphel- *boom*

50 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

38 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

You guys are gonna laugh but I just recently discovered and got into those games after I played "Cold Waters."

Playing through Silent Hunter 5 currently and really enjoying it!

Also everyone is mentioning their ages and I never did so I'll just throw it out there; I'm 31.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

13 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

You guys are gonna laugh but I just recently discovered and got into those games after I played "Cold Waters."

Not laughing here. That game, "Cold Waters", is actually on my "wish list".

Edited by adsii1970

Just now, Rocket In My Pocket said:

It's a lot more "arcadey" but still a good time. Nice to use subs from the Cold war era.

No where near the level of immersion as Silent Hunter, no interior views or anything.

Graphics are really nice though, clean and bright.

Thanks for the information!

55 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

So tell me, confess!, how many hours...

My previous desktop was purchased specifically because SH4 was being released.  I have no idea how many hours I've spent on that game, and I probably don't want to know.

For a long time, it was just about the only game I played.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.