I have finally built a ship capable of a grand tour mission, I just don't know what to name the ship

JacobJHC

So I've built this ship

Album oloYkOo.png will appear when post is submitted

And I finally got it to work. It has over 1700+ parts and is the largest thing I have ever launched. I was sitting around thinking of names that would go along with such an ambitious mission, but I can't come up with any names I feel are good. That's when I remembered the community on the forum has helped be in the past and might have some suggestions for what I might name it.

TLDR: Help me name this grand tour mission^

Edited by JacobJHC

12 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Imagination.

Put that name to good use. I built my own "Imagination" today (gigantic water rocket) only to have it fail in a non-spectacular way. Avenge the name!

You also build water rockets? I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Just now, JK_Kerbineer said:

Patience

Considering the amount of Ion engines this name would fit nicely. :D The ship has several smaller reusable landers. I think I'll name the largest of the 4 planes I brought Patience. 

1 minute ago, JacobJHC said:

Considering the amount of Ion engines this name would fit nicely. :D The ship has several smaller reusable landers. I think I'll name the largest of the 4 planes I brought Patience. 

Ion engines? That's nothing. One  mod I installed had an EM drive With 0 ISP (infinite)... And 0.00001 kN of thrust. Nothing Tweakscale couldn't do though. :P

1 hour ago, Bill Phil said:

Heart of Gold

I see some ones seen/read Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

As for names

- Sojourner

- Walkabout (I named an ion based long distance lander thing for a reddit challenge that)

- Parnell (started the pitch drop experiment, an extremely long ongoing science experiment of pitch just dripping)

- System-Buster 1

- Big Ship

Or, if you really want, RBiSToGEWIOGo (Really Big Ship To Go Everywhere In One Go)

Edited by qzgy

6 hours ago, RatchetinSpace said:

Posting a video?

I think Mariner is a good name

It will be a video eventually, although I have no idea when I'll be done. The launch itself will take about an hour due to lag.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.