Has Eve Topography Changed since 2012?

Hi Guys,

I'm planning for a manned (Kerballed?) mission to Eve, which will involve landing and (hopefully) returning to Kerbin.

I already have an unmanned probe in Orbit over Eve, trying to scope out a good landing spot.   I'm trying to follow a guide/video on a suggested landing spot that has a high elevation.  There is a video by Scott Manley (Youtube) showing a landing on a 11km high plateau located at about 88deg 23min W x 12degS.   But when I overfly that location now (I'm in career mode on V1.3.1)  I don't see this at all.   Scott's video seems to match a topographic map I found on the KSP Wiki:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/e/ec/Eve_map_800.gif

But this does NOT match the Purple Biome map at all:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/9/94/Eve_Biome_Map_1.2.png

What I see now as I orbit Eve does seem to match this Biome map however.  But I can't reconcile this with the previous topo map.

So - has Eve changed since 2012? 

Thanks in advance.

Jon

I don't know when, but yes, I think it has changed.  I started playing in 2014 and Eve has always looked the same since then.  But I've seen maps of Eve from an earlier time that looked different.  Although it is apparently no longer active, there use to be a kerbalmaps.com web site.  The Eve map on that site showed a different Eve than the one we have today.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that Kerbal Maps has moved to a new URL.  I compared the old and current maps and it looks like the terrain is the same, but the sea level has changed.  The current sea level is higher, therefore land is now submerged that was previously exposed.  Other than that, I don't see a difference between them.  Of course I have no idea what Eve looked like all the way back in 2012.  There could have been an older version that predates the current topography.

I checked that link but it shows Kerbin by default. I'm viewing using my cellphone, I assume on proper PC I'll be able to switch to Eve? 

I have a new Satellite in orbit of Eve with the full suite of SCANsat sensors so will know quite soon where I'll be landing my manned lander which expected to arrive there soon!

Cheers,

Jon 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.