[1.12.x] Probe Control Room Recontrolled

linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, Ottomic said:

I know this mod is already in life support as is, but could it be considered to adopt DE_IVA's probe control room as the new default? Not only all the buttons make PCR immensely more enjoyable to use, but I find the textures and monitor layout much more pleasant. Unfortunately using DE_IVA makes my framerate drop to single digits (while PCRR doesn't) and I wouldn't put hopes on DE_IVA being updated ever again sadly.

Ummm, DE_IVA doesn't have any code of it's own, it's _just_ a bunch of config files which mix and match various models from the stock game.  It does, however, have several hundred individual props/modules in each space, so I would offhand guess that is the source of your problem.  You can't have it both ways, unfortunately.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

ummm, I don't quite understand.  You are asking for constant IVA?  For that, I'd suggest using QuickIVA, available as a direct download or via CKAN

They might mean, being able to use *both* a regular , crewed,  part IVA, as *well* as PCR, Basically, being able to use PCR in addition to the crewed IVA, on the same crewed part.

IIRC, JohnnyOThan modified PCR, and had a (relatively ) working version, awhile back.

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

They might mean, being able to use *both* a regular , crewed,  part IVA, as *well* as PCR, Basically, being able to use PCR in addition to the crewed IVA, on the same crewed part.

IIRC, JohnnyOThan modified PCR, and had a (relatively ) working version, awhile back.

Well, PCR is meant for probes, not manned capsules.  I suppose it might be possible, but it works by there NOT being any crew in a part, there would probably be a significant amount of work to make this work properly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Astrofallout said:

Hi I really enjoy the control room but I would like to use it on crewed vessels is there anyway to disable the “unmanned only “ part 

It's not a trivial task to do, but I'll take a look later

20 hours ago, Astrofallout said:

Thank you so much. I really enjoy this mod and use it constantly 

Believe it or not, I've never used it, other than the testing needed to update.

I might be looking at it this evening during my coding stream

• 3 months later...

I have one problem, and one ask, with PCR.

The first is that unlike other IVAs, PCR seems to not be immune to the 'c' key being pressed when other windows have focus, ie: renaming a craft. If I'm typing the letter 'c' while renaming, it pops in and out of the control room. It's minor, but annoying.

The second, is, what does it take to upgrade the JSI panels to MAS panels? Would be nice to expand the screen options on the three control stations to include all possible MFDs, like the MAS ALCOR MK1 and MK2 screen as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Frostiken said:

The first is that unlike other IVAs, PCR seems to not be immune to the 'c' key being pressed when other windows have focus, ie: renaming a craft. If I'm typing the letter 'c' while renaming, it pops in and out of the control room. It's minor, but annoying.

Not sure, and frankly, this one is on life support.  If there were more people using it, I'd spend some time, but it isn't worth my time right now,. Too many other mods to work on.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Frostiken said:

The second, is, what does it take to upgrade the JSI panels to MAS panels? Would be nice to expand the screen options on the three control stations to include all possible MFDs, like the MAS ALCOR MK1 and MK2 screen as well.

No idea, and not planning on doing anything

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jernej said:

hi, fantastic mod! is there a way to enter the control room when flying a crewed vehicle too? thanks!!

Not presently... tho at one time, I knew of someone who modified it so it *would* work with crewed vessels as well

(and pleeze dont ask/bug LinuxGuruGamer about adding it...its already been brought up plenty of times)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I searched for this issue hopefully I didn't just miss it. When I switch to Control Room, the control point seems to switch itself to something else (perhaps it's going to the root?). Is there a setting to stop this or is it a bug in the original code? Thanks in advance for reading. Cheers.

I should mention that I do have Retain Control Point on IVA ticked, as I always do. It seems unrelated to that setting.

Most recent Player.log

Edited by ElonsMusk

• 1 month later...