linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1] Probe Control Room Recontrolled

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, PortalGunner said:

Just an update that RPM v0.30.1 (12/05/18) changelog indicates:

- The inverted MFD problem in DX9 has been resolved. Issue #659.

I saw that too...
I'm also hoping someone picks this mod up... I'm working on a new IVA for it, too.

I tried a recompile for 1.4.3, but even after many, many hours trying to learn the basics of C, its obvious i will never be a coder...
On a recompile, i am getting a single error, keeping it from compiling... i think it could be related to my install of MS Build Tools, tho...
But i'm pretty much clueless when it comes to code :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 7:59 PM, PortalGunner said:

Just an update that RPM v0.30.1 (12/05/18) changelog indicates:

 

If it is fixed, then I’ll continue this mod.

has it been released yet?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If it is fixed, then I’ll continue this mod.

has it been released yet?

Yes it has been released. In fact v0.30.2 was released which added:

Quote

- The inverted MFD problem in DX12 has also been resolved. Issue #665.

Hopefully we won't encounter that problem anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a beta release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1k5hq911tb7zz8/ProbeControlRoom-1.2.2.10.zip?dl=0

I don't use this, the extremely limited testing I did showed that the "No Signal" was flipped left and right.  Before I do anything else, I'd like others to try it and let me know how it works, I'll proceed from there

Note:  You will need to install the ToolbarController as well, it's now a dependency

Edit: The ToolbatController needs the ClickThroughBlocker as well

Edited by linuxgurugamer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: nvm ... i found an issue on my end :P


@linuxgurugamer Thanx for still messing with this mod.

I havent flown a mission yet with the new build, but initially flipping thru all the RPM screens, everything seems to be working :thumbs
_up:

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

EDIT: nvm ... i found an issue on my end :P


@linuxgurugamer Thanx for still messing with this mod.

I havent flown a mission yet with the new build, but initially flipping thru all the RPM screens, everything seems to be working :thumbs
_up:

Ok, then I'll see if I can figure out why the images are flipped left/right and then release it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, then I'll see if I can figure out why the images are flipped left/right and then release it.

Actually, I jjust tried it with forcing Dx11, and some of the RPM screens are still upside down/backwards. :(
Seems like there is one or more layers that make up the displays that are displaying that way.

It all seems to work for Dx9...

I guess MOARdV has seemingly "half" fixed the issue, as Dx9 seems ok, but Dx11 is still having the issue. :(

I'll go post on the RPM thread now, and I also want to install one or more other RPM IVAs and try them, just to make sure its not something somehow specific to Probe Control Room.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the time today to test the current build unfortunately. Atleast we know that the issue is actively being worked on. The Dx11 issue is probably on RPM side as neither of the updates to fix the MFDs mentioned Dx11. Its possible the next update will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I tried it, everything looked OK except for the labels for the Mission Elapsed Time and Mission Name screens at the top of the wall, which were upside-down. Everything on the actual control screens was fined. This was with the ASET props, not the default RPM screens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sovetskysoyuz said:

When I tried it, everything looked OK except for the labels for the Mission Elapsed Time and Mission Name screens at the top of the wall, which were upside-down. Everything on the actual control screens was fined. This was with the ASET props, not the default RPM screens.

Pics, please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per a couple of the latest posts on the RPM thread, it seems AntiAliasing settings affect a couple small sections of a couple of the RPM screens.

For the relative posts, start here: (I linked a couple pics of the issue, there)

I would *not* say that the issue i brought, up makes RPM and Probe Control Room unusable... If it *does* bug people enuff, I found that turning off AA in-game, as well as making sure all 5 of the AA settings in the Nvidia Control Panel are turned off for KSP, fixes this (IMHO), minor issue...

If anyone comes up with more details or fixes, please post... (at least on the RPM thread)

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly RPM v0.30.3  (released) accounts for the anti-aliasing issues for Dx9/Dx12. 

Edit: RPM v0.30.4 (released) seems to do that for Dx11 too.

Edited by PortalGunner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer Just wanted to post, that the issue I was having with RPM and forcing Dx11 and AntiAliasing, has been fixed in RPM's latest release of 0.30.4...

It looks like RPM should be 100% working for 1.4.3 now.

Again, THANX for continuing PCR.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod is fantastic!

I'm running into an issue though...I'm using this with USI life support, and my crew have run out of supplies and become tourists.  I have a probe core on the ship and a commnet connection, so it is controllable.  However I cannot use the ProbeControlRoom view, so I am stuck with the vessel IVA (ASET/RPM/etc) but I cannot click any of the buttons in the cockpit because the crew refuse to raise their arms and flip switches.  I imagine this would also be an issue for any tourist vessel controlled remotely by a probe.

I'd like to change ProbeControlRoom so that the control room is available any time you have a probe core onboard.  Ideally only when you also have a comm signal, but that's a stretch goal.  I'm a programmer and could probably make the change myself (new to KSP modding though), but I'm hoping you could give some advice on what to look for or how you would make this change in the cleanest way possible.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 11:37 AM, JonnyOThan said:

This mod is fantastic!

I'm running into an issue though...I'm using this with USI life support, and my crew have run out of supplies and become tourists.  I have a probe core on the ship and a commnet connection, so it is controllable.  However I cannot use the ProbeControlRoom view, so I am stuck with the vessel IVA (ASET/RPM/etc) but I cannot click any of the buttons in the cockpit because the crew refuse to raise their arms and flip switches.  I imagine this would also be an issue for any tourist vessel controlled remotely by a probe.

I'd like to change ProbeControlRoom so that the control room is available any time you have a probe core onboard.  Ideally only when you also have a comm signal, but that's a stretch goal.  I'm a programmer and could probably make the change myself (new to KSP modding though), but I'm hoping you could give some advice on what to look for or how you would make this change in the cleanest way possible.  Thanks!

If there is a probe core on aboard, it should work.   If it isn't, then something else is wrong

Also, I didn't write this, just picked it up because I didn't want to see it die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, МараТ RU said:

KSP 1.6.1. My english is bad. I really like your mod. thank you. Does not work on KSP 1.6.1

Dp you have the requirements installed?

Requirements:

I just saw that the ToolbarController and ClickThroughBlocker weren't listed in the first post, I just added them.  I listed them above to make it easy for you to find and install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, МараТ RU said:

KSP 1.6.1. My english is bad. I really like your mod. thank you. Does not work on KSP 1.6.1

It seems to be working for me in 1.6.1
Both Raster Prop Monitor and ModuleManager have had very recent updates. Make sure you have the leatest versions.
ModuleManager v3.1.3 and RPM v0.30.6

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Dp you have the requirements installed?

Requirements:

I just saw that the ToolbarController and ClickThroughBlocker weren't listed in the first post, I just added them.  I listed them above to make it easy for you to find and install

It worked. Not enough "Toolbar Controller and ClickThroughBlocker". thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to note here that MOARdV has decided to stop official development of RPM (at support for KSP 1.6.1) to focus on MOARdV's Avionics Systems, however RPM should still work unless there are major changes to IVA modules in 1.7 and above. 

@Stone Blue I'm interested, are you still attempting to create an IVA or have you decided to moved on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Inqie said:

 

@Stone Blue I'm interested, are you still attempting to create an IVA or have you decided to moved on?

Nope.. still here, still poking at it...

What I have planned is to start from scratch using MAS stuff first... then only use any RPM props if there are no MAS equivalents yet.
Having stock, ASET, RPM and MAS props all loaded up in Unity is quite a bunch to navigate thru, especially when many have identical or close to identical names.

So I've started a side-project to get myself aquainted with the MAS stuff without RPM involved at all. I've been putting together a MAS IVA for the new Mk2 Lander Can/Rover.

I have most of the gauges selected and laid out... but then RL hit hard a couple weeks ago.

i hope to be back at it in a couple days. Then hopefully back at the Control Room soon after.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now