[1.12.x] Probe Control Room Recontrolled

linuxgurugamer

Hi, is there a way to unbind (or possibly re-bind) default "C" key which switches me to the room? I cannot find it anywhere and it is quite annoying to be switched everytime i write "c" in kOS.

8 hours ago, ngx said:

Hi, is there a way to unbind (or possibly re-bind) default "C" key which switches me to the room? I cannot find it anywhere and it is quite annoying to be switched everytime i write "c" in kOS.

There has already been discussion about this on page 5.
I'm not the dev for this mod, so i cant speak for LGG whether he wants to look into this or not, but IMHO, this seems most defiantely a problem with kOS, rather than this mod.
The "C" key is default for switching between IVA views, which this mod basically *is*... So I would say this mod is working as intended.
I would raise the issue on the kOS thread.

12 hours ago, ngx said:

in the meantime, look into telnet. It's very easy to get setup

7 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

in the meantime, look into telnet. It's very easy to get setup

Yeah, maybe that use case might get me to eventually look into tweaking my firewall settings–at the moment I simply blanket-deny KSP from any network access.

IMO it is mandatory to block KSP, because I did not opt-in to any "telemetry", Squad's or anybody else's; and there are several (even popular) mods that either don't ask at all, or connect first and ask to opt out later. Also, Unity's idiotic opt-out policy, that requires KSP to contact a server to see if the user has opted out... yeah right. Do I even need to start? I wonder if this would stand legal scrutiny, if somebody were to actually make a case of it. My understanding of the GDPR (of course only in places where it applies) is telemetry needs to be opt-IN, i.e. asking before the fact, and respecting that. Not opt-out after the fact, and then STILL contacting a server with a unique user ID every time to see if that user did indeed opt out.

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

There has already been discussion about this on page 5.
I'm not the dev for this mod, so i cant speak for LGG whether he wants to look into this or not, but IMHO, this seems most defiantely a problem with kOS, rather than this mod.
The "C" key is default for switching between IVA views, which this mod basically *is*... So I would say this mod is working as intended.
I would raise the issue on the kOS thread.

Thank you for your answer and also for the reference. I couldn't find anything on the forum, apparently I was using bad search strings.
I thought it could be caused by default 'C' key function, however, I was confused, because it doesn't happen with manned vehicles (when PCR is kinda "inactive"). Typing "c" in kOS does not switch you into cockpit.
Anyway, thank you for the explanation, it makes sense. I'll have to cope with it.

1 hour ago, ngx said:

....because it doesn't happen with manned vehicles (when PCR is kinda "inactive"). Typing "c" in kOS does not switch you into cockpit.

Hmm.. that  *is* weird. vOv ... And who knows?... LGG may see this or get enuff reports, that it might get looked into on his end.
However, i still hold that, since its when you are *typing 'c' in the kOS terminal*, that does it, rather than a normal use of the 'c' key bind to actually interact with KSP itself, its happening *inside* the kOS UI, so IMHO, its really an issue they should really be looking into... vOv

I know you're not the first, but one of several, that I have heard report this exact same issue. vOv

42 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

However, i still hold that, since its when you are *typing 'c' in the kOS terminal*, that does it, rather than a normal use of the 'c' key bind to actually interact with KSP itself, its happening *inside* the kOS UI

I think you're right with kOS. It seems to me that every particular scene is handled separately in kOS. "c" with PCR is not the only case when terminal keystrokes leak outside, I tested a bit and it happens (at least) with HullCam too.
I noticed the issue is already reported on github, hope devs will find time to address it. 

22 minutes ago, ngx said:

I noticed the issue is already reported on github, hope devs will find time to address it. 

gotcha ;)
If you didnt, you should add a comment to the issue... the moar peeps reporting it, might make it moar of a priority... vOv ;)

• 1 month later...

Hope this helps someone in future, or possibly worth popping on the front page of this thread or if this is something more for CKAN thread :) 

If installing this mod via CKAN and all of your probe cores are missing you've installed wrong one.

The old deprecated version of this mod is labelled as working on any version of KSP when it actually removes all of your Probe Cores from the VAB and also breaks saves.

Installing this version (Probe Control Room Recontrolled ) works with no problems

Thanks LinuxGuruGamer for maintaining !!  (Not tagged as i know it annoys some people :))

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place, i'll delete if you need

***EDIT***

I've asked them to amend in the CKAN Forum

Edited by Squeaky
Update

I think I have a small issue related to this mod, but not sure.

When using the PCR mod and switching between map view and PCR, and maybe also between 3rd person view and PCR, every now and then the main GUI dissapears (navball, stageoverview, toolbar). To get it back I need to hit F3 to see the log and then go back to ordinary view.

I find it wierd. It may be a joint issue with the "Through the eyes of Kerbal" even though I haven't launched any kerbed (manned) rockets yet.

Are there any recent similar bugs where I might find a solution to this?

• 8 months later...
On 3/23/2020 at 12:47 AM, RurouniDonut said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer I've managed to add the MAS mod equivalent of RPM monitors but they don't seem to function correctly. They display but don't respond to input. Is there something in the source that is possibly only causing RPM to work? I've added all the right modules as far as I'm aware.

Add me to the list of people interested in making ProbeControlRoom and MAS compatible. I found tonight that the issue is on the MAS side of the fence - MAS is coded to only run its update cycle on crewed vessels, which is why uncrewed vessels only update when the scene is reloaded.

See my post in the MAS thread for more details.

12 hours ago, Sovetskysoyuz said:

Add me to the list of people interested in making ProbeControlRoom and MAS compatible. I found tonight that the issue is on the MAS side of the fence - MAS is coded to only run its update cycle on crewed vessels, which is why uncrewed vessels only update when the scene is reloaded.

See my post in the MAS thread for more details.

This mod is at the bottom of my list of things-to-do.  If someone were to submit a PR with the changes, i'd be happy to rebuild and release, but I won't be getting around to this anytime soon

• 5 months later...

Hey I'm havering an issue with this working with 1.12. When I run ksp with out it in my game data folder it works fine, but when i try to run it with it in my game data folder, it gets hung on "loading part upgrades".  
log files of trying to load with  it in my game data folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqieml1m4kv8p0g/ksp log files.zip?dl=0

4 minutes ago, DaOPCreeper said:

Hey I'm havering an issue with this working with 1.12. When I run ksp with out it in my game data folder it works fine, but when i try to run it with it in my game data folder, it gets hung on "loading part upgrades".  
log files of trying to load with  it in my game data folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqieml1m4kv8p0g/ksp log files.zip?dl=0

While you wait for Linux to have time, you could check that you have no copies of miniavc.dll anywhere in gamedata and that zerominiavc is up to date. That dll is known to produce the problem that you described. 

41 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

While you wait for Linux to have time, you could check that you have no copies of miniavc.dll anywhere in gamedata and that zerominiavc is up to date. That dll is known to produce the problem that you described. 

Ok I looked and there 6 miniavc.dll is in gamedata, all in different folders. So 6 mods (including probe control room) have it somewhere in there folder.  2 of them are 44.5kb, 3 are 43.0 kb and 1 is 35.6.  4 of them show 2019 as the year under date modified, 1 shows 2020 and 1 shows 2021. The other 5 mods are the following, kerbin side remastered,  tool bar controller, vessel view (vessel viewer), kas (kerbal attachment system), and surface lights.

1 hour ago, DaOPCreeper said:

Ok I looked and there 6 miniavc.dll is in gamedata, all in different folders. So 6 mods (including probe control room) have it somewhere in there folder.  2 of them are 44.5kb, 3 are 43.0 kb and 1 is 35.6.  4 of them show 2019 as the year under date modified, 1 shows 2020 and 1 shows 2021. The other 5 mods are the following, kerbin side remastered,  tool bar controller, vessel view (vessel viewer), kas (kerbal attachment system), and surface lights.

Remove all them and try again. :cool: If it doesn't  work then you will have to patiently wait for the mod to be updated. There is a small change in KSP 1.12 that makes that some mods fail loading.

Edited by Tacombel

7 hours ago, DaOPCreeper said:

Install the updated ZeroMiniAVC mod, it will clean up all the miniavc dll files

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AstroMatthew said:

could this mod also work with crew capsules?

and is there a mod that could show a camera view of the crew inside the capsule?

ummm, I don't quite understand.  You are asking for constant IVA?  For that, I'd suggest using QuickIVA, available as a direct download or via CKAN

• 5 months later...

I know this mod is already in life support as is, but could it be considered to adopt DE_IVA's probe control room as the new default? Not only all the buttons make PCR immensely more enjoyable to use, but I find the textures and monitor layout much more pleasant. Unfortunately using DE_IVA makes my framerate drop to single digits (while PCRR doesn't) and I wouldn't put hopes on DE_IVA being updated ever again sadly.