Jump to content

[1.8.x] Probe Control Room Recontrolled


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, kirmie44 said:

It kept crashing my game which is sad because I like this as an option

I'm not sure what you are posting for.  Are you asking for help?  Or are you just complaining.

If you ask for help, it helps to describe the problem and symptoms in detail.

I post a link in my sig with details, I'll repeat it here:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not sure what you are posting for.  Are you asking for help?  Or are you just complaining.

If you ask for help, it helps to describe the problem and symptoms in detail.

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

[snip]

mostly just complaining. It wasn't a big enough issue for me to spend a few hours figuring out what mod is not working with it. Thanks for checking in though! I love that you are trying to keep all these mods alive

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer, I have an issue where Probe Control Room does not work at all. It doesn't crash my game or anything, it just doesn't come up in-game.

KSP: 1.8.1 Windows 64 bit

Problem: Probe Control Room doesn't work.

Mods installed:

Probe Control Room 1.2.3

Module Manager 4.1.1

Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.12

Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements

scatterer

PlanetShine

DPAI

MechJeb 2

Kerbal Launch Faliure

Kerbal Engineer

Raster Prop Monitor 

With This Patch ^

HullCam VDS

DE_IVA Extension

EVE

 

Astrogator

ASET Props

Toolbar Control

Toolbar

ClickThroughBlocker

All mods are fully up to date.

Reproduction steps:

Get any probe core, and no mention of Probe Control Room appears. No toolbar, no "c" to get in, no right click on core, no IVA appears.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzoq1ig6wtnjyik/output_log.txt?dl=0 Output_log.txt

I'm not sure if this has to do with DE_IVA or not, because they have a configuration for this mod. It may have something to do with 1.8.1 vs 1.8 possibly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RocketSimplicity said:

@linuxgurugamer, I have an issue where Probe Control Room does not work at all. It doesn't crash my game or anything, it just doesn't come up in-game.

KSP: 1.8.1 Windows 64 bit

Problem: Probe Control Room doesn't work.

Mods installed:

Probe Control Room 1.2.3

Module Manager 4.1.1

Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.12

Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements

scatterer

PlanetShine

DPAI

MechJeb 2

Kerbal Launch Faliure

Kerbal Engineer

Raster Prop Monitor 

With This Patch ^

HullCam VDS

DE_IVA Extension

EVE

 

Astrogator

ASET Props

Toolbar Control

Toolbar

ClickThroughBlocker

All mods are fully up to date.

Reproduction steps:

Get any probe core, and no mention of Probe Control Room appears. No toolbar, no "c" to get in, no right click on core, no IVA appears.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzoq1ig6wtnjyik/output_log.txt?dl=0 Output_log.txt

I'm not sure if this has to do with DE_IVA or not, because they have a configuration for this mod. It may have something to do with 1.8.1 vs 1.8 possibly.

Please try removing the DEIVA and see what happens. I’ll look at the log file later today

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RocketSimplicity I could be wrong, but that log looks like its from a stock pre-1.4.0 KSP install.
Note the Unity version of 5.4.0p4 and DirectX9 at the top.
Logs from 1.4.0-1.7.3 should have Unity 2017.1.3p1.
Logs from 1.8.+ should say 2019.2.2f1, *AND* DirectX 11 or 12 only (support for Dx9 was dropped)

Note that the name of the output_log.txt changed to Player.log, as well as the location of the log is NOT in the /KSP install folder anymoar.
For Windows, its in /Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/ (at least for NON-Steam users, anyway vOv)
 

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

For Windows, its in /Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/ (at least for NON-Steam users, anyway vOv)

I will check in there. I didn't know it changed, and it is strange it's an output.log from quite a while ago.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please try removing the DEIVA and see what happens. I’ll look at the log file later today

I wouldn't recommend looking at the log, as it's a very old one. I was suspicious that DE_IVA may have been causing this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer I played without DE_IVA and the mod still didn't work. I guess that rules out a DE_IVA error.

KSPx6420191119174439.png 

Not on the toolbar, not on the probe.

I also encountered several exceptions with MM, maybe that might be a clue on why it's not working.

KSPx6420191119174123.png

And here is the Player.log file, from the time I played without DE_IVA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t23jtsm39ztbbhq/Player.log?dl=0

I hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RocketSimplicity At first look:
1) i dont see the ProbeControlRoom.dll as registering

2) What is in ProbeControlRoomToolbar folder? I dont recall ever seeing this folder created? vOv

3) The 3 MM exceptions seem to be: 2 caused by a MiniAVC issue (the one in Click through Blocker folder) vOv, and 1 thrown by DPAI

Also, (quite possibly unrelated), wondering what version of RPM you have installed... I ask, becuase IIRC, 0.30.6 was MOARdV's last "official" version, but Tegmil has a recompile out for 1.8.1... Their .version file *does* say 0.30.7, but not sure if theres anything in the plugin code related to version, that may still report v0.30.6? vOv

EDIT: I just loaded up RPM by Tegmil, and yeah, the registered .dll still shows as v0.30.6.39518, so yeah, i guess my question is valid?

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

1) i dont see the ProbeControlRoom.dll as registering

Strange. I didn't get a .dll file in my download.

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Also, (quite possibly unrelated), wondering what version of RPM you have installed... I ask, becuase IIRC, 0.30.6 was MOARdV's last "official" version, but Tegmil has a recompile out for 1.8.1... Their .version file *does* say 0.30.7, but not sure if theres anything in the plugin code related to version, that may still report v0.30.6? vOv

V 0.30.6 with this patch: (I don't know the name of this one)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jycdhbwzxkqcpyj/JSI-ksp181-fixes-2.zip?dl=1

Forum post for the patch:

I really hope this mod gets fixed, because it's quite a good mod.

EDIT:

Hold on, I don't know if I have even installed RPM correctly. So you just drop in the JSI folder or do you only drop in the RPM folder within? I am pretty sure I did it right.

Edited by RocketSimplicity
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RocketSimplicity said:

Strange. I didn't get a .dll file in my download.

Ahhh... that explains a lot... I bet you downloaded the master or source from Github... vOv

If grabbing from github, you want to make sure you're on the "Releases" page, (use the Releases link/tab in the top row, if you are on the main repo page) and the versions are listed newest to oldest (first to last)... There are usually at least 3 files listed under each. The release .zip is usually the first listed (the one you generally want, which generally gets installed into /GameData), a Source.zip (contains a snapshot of the master repo, and may/may *NOT* contain the proper release package, which inc. the stuff that goes into /GameData), and a Source.tar.gz... which is the same as the Source.zip, but packaged for Linux.

Also, do  *NOT* use the green "Download/Clone" button on the main repo page... that will give you a current snapshot of the master. (basically same as the Source.zip, but current to real-time).


AGGHHHH!! ... :/ I think i found the issue (at least as far as the RPM stuff...*IF* using Tegmil's version). Looks like Tegmil didnt put together a *complete* release package. But, yeah, the dropbox link you posted above is the correct one.
Theres some MM patches, and other minor stuff missing, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT part missing, is the .assetbundles files.

So, I guess they really did do only a recompile on the .dll, and a patch release. Patch release generally means you install something, in this case RPM v0.30.6, *then* you install the patch release over the top (v0.30.7 (tegmil's .zip), merging folders and overwriting existing files.

And yes, you drag the /JSI folder to /GameData.

EDIT: yeah... i properly installed Tegmil's RPM patch/recompile, and PCR now seems to be working properly for me.

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, this mod works if @Tegmil RPM recompile used?

I just tested it, by launching a sat using the stock Z Map craft, in IVA/Map view mode only. I had placed several ASET ExtRadialCams to do SpaceX-alike staging and event views. Everything went flawlessly, and all RPM MFDs *seem* to be working, except mebbe for the Orbital Map view. I havent actually *played* KSP in awhile, and I dont recall if "stock" RPM is supposed to display a planet map in this view or not. If so, that was blank. And if it *is* an issue, I would assume that would be an RPM/Tegmil's patch issue, *NOT* a PCR issue... vOv

but overall, yeah, all the controls/buttons/MFDs, and even switching between the Flight Stations seem to be working. So no "deal-breakers" I guess, for not using PCR.
I didnt *fully* test everything RPM MFD-related, but yeah I would say basic PCR works in 1.8.1, using Tegmil's 1.8.1 RPM patch.

I think any issues peeps might have with Tegmil's patch, is *just* that: its a *patch*, and not a complete release. It needs to be installed on top of the last "official" RPM release (v0.30.6). It doesnt contain the required RPM .assetbundles, some other stuff included in a full RPM release, and any likely issues would be improper installation of RPM/Tegmil's patch.

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I attempted to write a config for MAS support, but unfortunately, while all the props *technically* work, they only work when the flight scene is first loaded, and to update your MFDs or whatnot you have to leave the flight scene and return for any changes to take effect. I don't know if you're planning to support MAS with this plugin, but if you are I hope my testing saves you some effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 2:31 PM, SingABrightSong said:

So I attempted to write a config for MAS support, but unfortunately, while all the props *technically* work, they only work when the flight scene is first loaded, and to update your MFDs or whatnot you have to leave the flight scene and return for any changes to take effect. I don't know if you're planning to support MAS with this plugin, but if you are I hope my testing saves you some effort.

Sorry, not planning on that.

This mod is in a maintenance-only mode.  I would be happy if someone stepped up to improve this and take it over

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi there! I would like to give you a heads up and mirror here the Issue I just submitted at github for this Mod. Let me know if anyone knows of a solution for this type of thing, maybe I need to check on KOS's forums or something. 

KSP: 1.8.1 Windows 64bit
Problem: KOS input exclusivity ignored

Mods installed:

Module Manager 4.1.3
ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5
ToolbarControl 0.1.9.4
RasterPropMonitor (adopted) 0.31

KOS 1.2.1.0
Probe Control Room Recontrolled 1.2.3

Reproduction steps:

Go to Launchpad with a vehicle that has a KOS module installed.
Right Click KOS module and select open terminal
Click the terminal window to send input there
Press the 'c' key

(regular IVA switching does not ignore the input exclusivity, but PCR's does)

Log:

Link: Player.log

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jezzick said:

Hi there! I would like to give you a heads up and mirror here the Issue I just submitted at github for this Mod. Let me know if anyone knows of a solution for this type of thing, maybe I need to check on KOS's forums or something. 

KSP: 1.8.1 Windows 64bit
Problem: KOS input exclusivity ignored

Mods installed:

Module Manager 4.1.3
ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5
ToolbarControl 0.1.9.4
RasterPropMonitor (adopted) 0.31

KOS 1.2.1.0
Probe Control Room Recontrolled 1.2.3

Reproduction steps:

Go to Launchpad with a vehicle that has a KOS module installed.
Right Click KOS module and select open terminal
Click the terminal window to send input there
Press the 'c' key

(regular IVA switching does not ignore the input exclusivity, but PCR's does)

 

As I replied on Github, this is not a bug in ProbeControlRoom.  It's KoS allowing clicks and keystrokes to fall through to other mods.

The solution is to use ClickThroughBlocker, or code taken from it to prevent this from happening.

In the future, please do not post in both places at the same time.  It is annoying and wastes my time.  Doing a second post after a reasonable amount of time is ok, but not simultaneously.  I do have a life, you know

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depends upon which version of KSP you are playing.  PCR depended heavily on the RasterMonitorprop mod.  That mod  is quite old and works best with older versions of the game.  I believe The original modder felt it was too outdated and moved on to a newer vision of the mod.  It was being taken up by another person till the camera changes in the 1.9 versions seems to have really buggered PCR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...