How to know the spaceship orientation

I don't speak english fluently

HI !

I would like to know how to obtain the spaceship orientation (pitch, yaw, roll) for display a custom navball on my dashboard. I found this code here but it doesn't works very well (it indicates the same orientation for differents orientations) :

private Quaternion updateHeadingPitchRollField (Vessel v)
{
    Vector3d CoM, north, up;
    Quaternion rotationSurface;
    CoM = v.CoM;
    up = (CoM - v.mainBody.position).normalized;
    north = Vector3d.Exclude(up, (v.mainBody.position + v.mainBody.transform.up * (float)v.mainBody.Radius) - CoM).normalized;
    rotationSurface = Quaternion.LookRotation(north, up);
    return Quaternion.Inverse(Quaternion.Euler(90, 0, 0) * Quaternion.Inverse(v.GetTransform().rotation) * rotationSurface);
}

Quaternion attitude = updateHeadingPitchRollField(ActiveVessel);

float pitch = (float) ((attitude.eulerAngles.x > 180) ? (360.0 - attitude.eulerAngles.x) : -attitude.eulerAngles.x);
float yaw = (float) attitude.eulerAngles.y;
float roll = (float) ((attitude.eulerAngles.z > 180) ? (attitude.eulerAngles.z - 360.0) : attitude.eulerAngles.z);

And if it possible, I would like to know also, how to obtain the orientation of the prograde, the normal, the radial-in, the maneuver and the target. I apologies for all these questions but  I didn't found a complete documentation on the subject.

Thanks.

Well, I've never tried anything like this but I can imagine vessel.mainbody is going to be needed to find out which body is the dominant force and then vessel.gforce to get a vector 3 pointing toward the center of that mainbody.  That should be a good starting place.

I said some bullexcrementss.

The code that I showed works very well. It just that I didn't know how to correctly interpret the returned data. So now, its works fine but I still don't know how to do the same with the prograd, retrograd, target, etc.. Thanks angain for your help.

NB : Nice censorbot btw XD

Edited by TheRedColossus
adding an NB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.