FORD GT (2017) STOCK

He_162

With a top speed of around 120 m/s, this is one of my fastest cars!
On the downside, I wouldn't consider driving that fast for my own safety.
Here is my brand new, 2017 FORD GT REPLICA

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/162-2017-Ford-GT
orSfrrB.png
th6gfjK.png
Kerbal's and Kerbal safety not included.
Warranty void if driven safely, or by a granny.

Oh, and here it is in space, launched by none other than the great SCOTT MANLEY!

Edited by He_162

I put standard youtube music on this, but this is a video of it crashing, and in real time how it lags on my PC:

If anyone would like to mess with the wheels and help me get a good feel for the car (so it doesn't roll so easy) that'd be great!

Edited by He_162

19 hours ago, He_162 said:

If anyone would like to mess with the wheels and help me get a good feel for the car (so it doesn't roll so easy) that'd be great!

HI, yes well sir, a little on the stiff side, nope a lot, your springs need to be softer and you need to drop the wheel friction so that they break away, rather than grip flip.  For my personal tastes the settings below are perfect and  a lovely drifting session ensued .  

So try these settings and see how you get on, it's still possible to flip it  doing overly fast donuts etc , but that's how it is in the real world too

Really nice craft

ps settings apply for all wheels on that axle :)

C4IstJ1.png

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, yes well sir, a little on the stiff side, nope a lot, your springs need to be softer and you need to drop the wheel friction so that they break away, rather than grip flip.  For my personal tastes the settings below are perfect and  a lovely drifting session ensued .  

So try these settings and see how you get on, it's still possible to flip it  doing overly fast donuts etc , but that's how it is in the real world too

Really nice craft

This is true, I go even softer on the springs than that, I think the Kabani Zonda is around .5, the harder they are the more you spin out, and the more friction the more likely to flip.

8 hours ago, Jeb federation said:

Beautiful car! Spectacular crash too! Really nice :cool:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

This thing is an amazingly good reproduction!  Bravo sir.

Haha, yeah! I loved building this.

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Really nice craft

C4IstJ1.png

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

This is true, I go even softer on the springs than that, I think the Kabani Zonda is around .5, the harder they are the more you spin out, and the more friction the more likely to flip.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll update it.

6 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

If you'd prefer more stable control at high speed, rather than drifting, set the friction control higher on the rear wheels than the front.  I learned this through trial and error when designing racing rovers for the Kerbal Dakar about a year ago.

I run a challenge called the "Kurburgring", I have yet to design my own car for it, but I have people doing some amazing things with cars there.

On 22/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, He_162 said:

I put standard youtube music on this, but this is a video of it crashing, and in real time how it lags on my PC:

Man, that was such a spe- - - - - -cta- - - -c- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ul- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - lar crash!

Edited by Matuchkin

13 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Man, that was such a spe- - - - - -cta- - - -c- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ul- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - lar crash!

My game only uses one of the 6 cores on my processor. Hard to make it run well.

I implemented the handling update, I'll do some videos of it going round a "test track" this weekend (And I'll be working on another car as well!)

I did ford, now it's time for a Chevrolet. 77' Vette anyone? I wanted to hone my skills before I made my baby.
V5GVoIs.jpg

hz9QZd8.jpg

0UBLH7N.jpg

13 hours ago, He_162 said:

I implemented the handling update, I'll do some videos of it going round a "test track" this weekend (And I'll be working on another car as well!)

I did ford, now it's time for a Chevrolet. 77' Vette anyone? I wanted to hone my skills before I made my baby.
V5GVoIs.jpg

I would choose this car over any Ferrari or Lamborghini model, simply based on the looks.

18 hours ago, He_162 said:

V5GVoIs.jpg

hz9QZd8.jpg

0UBLH7N.jpg

If I were you I'd install the Juno's in the front of the car just like the real thing. Better CoM. At first my '69 Charger had the jets behind the rear axle. When I moved them to in between the front axle, the car handling improved.

And a 1977 car ... yes!

Edited by Azimech

8 minutes ago, Azimech said:

If I were you I'd install the Juno's in the front of the car just like the real thing. Better CoM. At first my '69 Charger had the jets behind the rear axle. When I moved them to in between the front axle, the car handling improved.

And a 1977 car ... yes!

I was waiting for you to stop by and see that! Haha, I love my old cars.

11 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Great woirk on this matey! The shape is beautifully recreated, and I agree cars are a tonne of fun to make! Make more please. :D

I have one coming tomorrow, or sometime this weekend!

9 hours ago, Kevin Kyle said:

You did a fine job with that. Im impressed. I have to ask.....are you a simracer? We happen to be driving the 2017 Ford GTE in the league I am in. Just raced at Monza last night. I was surprised to see this here. Good job on that! :)

No, I don't play any racing games, but I do enjoy grand theft auto 5 occasionally.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.