He_162

FORD GT (2017) STOCK

Recommended Posts

With a top speed of around 120 m/s, this is one of my fastest cars!
On the downside, I wouldn't consider driving that fast for my own safety.
Here is my brand new, 2017 FORD GT REPLICA

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/162-2017-Ford-GT
orSfrrB.png
th6gfjK.png
Kerbal's and Kerbal safety not included.
Warranty void if driven safely, or by a granny.

Oh, and here it is in space, launched by none other than the great SCOTT MANLEY!

 

Edited by He_162

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put standard youtube music on this, but this is a video of it crashing, and in real time how it lags on my PC:

If anyone would like to mess with the wheels and help me get a good feel for the car (so it doesn't roll so easy) that'd be great!

 

Edited by He_162

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, He_162 said:

If anyone would like to mess with the wheels and help me get a good feel for the car (so it doesn't roll so easy) that'd be great!

HI, yes well sir, a little on the stiff side, nope a lot, your springs need to be softer and you need to drop the wheel friction so that they break away, rather than grip flip.  For my personal tastes the settings below are perfect and  a lovely drifting session ensued .  

So try these settings and see how you get on, it's still possible to flip it  doing overly fast donuts etc , but that's how it is in the real world too

Really nice craft

ps settings apply for all wheels on that axle :)

C4IstJ1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, yes well sir, a little on the stiff side, nope a lot, your springs need to be softer and you need to drop the wheel friction so that they break away, rather than grip flip.  For my personal tastes the settings below are perfect and  a lovely drifting session ensued .  

So try these settings and see how you get on, it's still possible to flip it  doing overly fast donuts etc , but that's how it is in the real world too

Really nice craft

ps settings apply for all wheels on that axle :)

 

This is true, I go even softer on the springs than that, I think the Kabani Zonda is around .5, the harder they are the more you spin out, and the more friction the more likely to flip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jeb federation said:

Beautiful car! Spectacular crash too! Really nice :cool:

Thanks!

 

6 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

This thing is an amazingly good reproduction!  Bravo sir.

Haha, yeah! I loved building this.
 

 

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, yes well sir, a little on the stiff side, nope a lot, your springs need to be softer and you need to drop the wheel friction so that they break away, rather than grip flip.  For my personal tastes the settings below are perfect and  a lovely drifting session ensued .  

So try these settings and see how you get on, it's still possible to flip it  doing overly fast donuts etc , but that's how it is in the real world too

Really nice craft

ps settings apply for all wheels on that axle :)

C4IstJ1.png

 

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

This is true, I go even softer on the springs than that, I think the Kabani Zonda is around .5, the harder they are the more you spin out, and the more friction the more likely to flip.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll update it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you'd prefer more stable control at high speed, rather than drifting, set the friction control higher on the rear wheels than the front.  I learned this through trial and error when designing racing rovers for the Kerbal Dakar about a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

If you'd prefer more stable control at high speed, rather than drifting, set the friction control higher on the rear wheels than the front.  I learned this through trial and error when designing racing rovers for the Kerbal Dakar about a year ago.

I run a challenge called the "Kurburgring", I have yet to design my own car for it, but I have people doing some amazing things with cars there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, He_162 said:

I put standard youtube music on this, but this is a video of it crashing, and in real time how it lags on my PC:

If anyone would like to mess with the wheels and help me get a good feel for the car (so it doesn't roll so easy) that'd be great!

 

Man, that was such a spe- - - - - -cta- - - -c- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ul- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - lar crash!

Edited by Matuchkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Man, that was such a spe- - - - - -cta- - - -c- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ul- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - lar crash!

My game only uses one of the 6 cores on my processor. Hard to make it run well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I implemented the handling update, I'll do some videos of it going round a "test track" this weekend (And I'll be working on another car as well!)

I did ford, now it's time for a Chevrolet. 77' Vette anyone? I wanted to hone my skills before I made my baby.
V5GVoIs.jpg

hz9QZd8.jpg

0UBLH7N.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, He_162 said:

I implemented the handling update, I'll do some videos of it going round a "test track" this weekend (And I'll be working on another car as well!)

I did ford, now it's time for a Chevrolet. 77' Vette anyone? I wanted to hone my skills before I made my baby.
V5GVoIs.jpg

I would choose this car over any Ferrari or Lamborghini model, simply based on the looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, He_162 said:

I implemented the handling update, I'll do some videos of it going round a "test track" this weekend (And I'll be working on another car as well!)

I did ford, now it's time for a Chevrolet. 77' Vette anyone? I wanted to hone my skills before I made my baby.
V5GVoIs.jpg

hz9QZd8.jpg

0UBLH7N.jpg

If I were you I'd install the Juno's in the front of the car just like the real thing. Better CoM. At first my '69 Charger had the jets behind the rear axle. When I moved them to in between the front axle, the car handling improved.

And a 1977 car ... yes!

Edited by Azimech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Azimech said:

If I were you I'd install the Juno's in the front of the car just like the real thing. Better CoM. At first my '69 Charger had the jets behind the rear axle. When I moved them to in between the front axle, the car handling improved.

And a 1977 car ... yes!

I was waiting for you to stop by and see that! Haha, I love my old cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great woirk on this matey! The shape is beautifully recreated, and I agree cars are a tonne of fun to make! Make more please. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did a fine job with that. Im impressed. I have to ask.....are you a simracer? We happen to be driving the 2017 Ford GTE in the league I am in. Just raced at Monza last night. I was surprised to see this here. Good job on that! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Great woirk on this matey! The shape is beautifully recreated, and I agree cars are a tonne of fun to make! Make more please. :D

I have one coming tomorrow, or sometime this weekend!
 

 

9 hours ago, Kevin Kyle said:

You did a fine job with that. Im impressed. I have to ask.....are you a simracer? We happen to be driving the 2017 Ford GTE in the league I am in. Just raced at Monza last night. I was surprised to see this here. Good job on that! :)

No, I don't play any racing games, but I do enjoy grand theft auto 5 occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott just did a video that included my car, so I thought that warranted me updating the thread with the video!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.