Anyone having a mission idea to me?

Dud3x

What kind of mission are you looking for? Are you an SSTO pilot or a rocketman? When you said you've run out of missions I'm guessing you've visited and returned from every planet, if not this is always a good idea. Why not try making smaller and cheaper rockets? Or reusability is always fun. Maybe consider downloading mods that bring extra planets or colonisation options, try and colonise the entire solar system!

Just now, MajorMushroom said:

What kind of mission are you looking for? Are you an SSTO pilot or a rocketman? When you said you've run out of missions I'm guessing you've visited and returned from every planet, if not this is always a good idea. Why not try making smaller and cheaper rockets? Or reusability is always fun. Maybe consider downloading mods that bring extra planets or colonisation options, try and colonise the entire solar system!

No Build A Space Shuttle if you haven`t For Low kerbin Orbit Operations Btw Major Mushroom WHAT ABOUT A SPACE SHUTTLE PILOT

Build a transit system for the whole solar system. Make generic miners that gather fuel then transport it to orbital refuelling stations, make a shuttle that can move a cargo/passenger/lander section of equal mass from station to station and so forth which means that to complete any contract you just need to get a probe core or kerbals to orbit then everything else is reusable.

I've always been a fan of giant rovers and the even bigger rockets needed to launch them. Here's a couple of ideas you can choose between based on your comfort level:

Rover:
Should be a self-sufficient mobile base. Must contain at least a cupola, science lab, habitation module, mining drills, ISRU resource converter, and enough power generation and cooling to run the drills and resource converter at full speed as long as there's direct sun.

Some other neat rover features would be rockets and enough thrust to make short hops (or even return to orbit), making the rover amphibious on Eve or Laythe, and multiple smaller rovers/shuttle craft that can dock with the main mobile base.

Destination:
Any planet except Jool (and Kerbin) technically works, but the larger, higher gravity worlds are obviously much more interesting (and easier to drive the rover on).

Suggested destinations in order of difficulty:
Mun
Eve
Duna/Ike
Eeloo
Laythe
Tylo

I did a mission similar to this suggestion awhile back where I dropped a 60 ton rover on Duna. This was before ISRU was in stock so it didn't have that, but it did have enough fuel to land on Duna from orbit...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.