[1.12.x] Through The Eyes of a Kerbal

linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

The floating Kerbal eyes thing is some conflict with this and Texture Replacer Replaced.  You can also see the teeth.  I'll post a pic is a second.

Then it’s the responsibility of Texture Replacer Replaced to fix, sinc eit is interfering with another mod

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry late reply. Just saw SpaceX launch Falcon Heavy - All Hail Musk :)

On this topic, I never tried to "throttle up" when on EVA. Tried it, didn't work. The keys for turning left/right and tilting up and down works in EVA firs person view, but not translating or using the RSP. When in third person view everything works fine.

Also understand the "eye-issue" was about the Texture replacer replaced - will follow up from there.

Other than that I found it hard to find your new settings screen. Didn't find it in game, not in the applauncher or Blizzy's, nor any other file. Did find the settings config file. I changed the settings.cfg and set it to the following:

toggleFirstPersonKey = C 
EVAKey = default
recoverKey = R
reviewDataKey = Backslash

But would like to know where your settings screen is located :)
Might just be me being stupid - but maybe others also have a hard time finding it - would be useful if it was spesified in the OP

Also, will share any log you may ask for - but as of now I don't know where to find it if the game does not crash.

Edit: Did find the settings page. I think it is only viewable when you start a new game?

Edited by EasyAce

16 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Also, will share any log you may ask for - but as of now I don't know where to find it if the game does not crash.

Log files are always created.  Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

16 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Edit: Did find the settings page. I think it is only viewable when you start a new game?

No, it's the stock settings.

At either the space center or flight scenes, hit the escape key, click the Settings button, then click the Difficulty Options button at the top of the settings window which opens up.

53 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log files are always created.  Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

No, it's the stock settings.

At either the space center or flight scenes, hit the escape key, click the Settings button, then click the Difficulty Options button at the top of the settings window which opens up.

Thanks!

My log file. Hopefully it helps:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvTGPhVqr_5ngp96a9U3_l05v_GTcA

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This was fixed a week ago:  

You know what...

Thing is that I have problems with your mod. A mod that I'd like, I expect is enjoyable and I had hopes for. But now I have tried to find a solution for days. I didn't understand why I had the errors, since you seem to be "the keeper of the mod", guessed you had some answers and thought I should ask. Maybe... maybe it was something new and if you did make the mod you might have been interested in sorting out all the errors. But it seems you don't like people to give feedback, I've posted 2-3 comments in belief that it might be useful to you and might help me get rid of the bugs that weren't supposed to be there. Every time it seems I've been met with suspicion and denial. When I am telling you I have a problem or noticed a bug... you can't deny me by answering "this is working"... because it isn't. It is not like I haven't tried to fix it.

1. I have the floating eyes - issue. Know it not your problem and was planning to see if I could sort it out with the Texture replace replaced guys.
  2. The translation keys are not working, no matter how many times you say "yes they do".
  3. The "C" key isn't working - I can't move between 1st. and 3rd. person view even when changing the settings and trying all sorts of stuff.

I am sorry that I do not fit your expectation as  a user. I will stop comment on this site, delete the mod and continue enjoy KSP.

Have a nice evening!

1 hour ago, EasyAce said:

You know what...

Thing is that I have problems with your mod. A mod that I'd like, I expect is enjoyable and I had hopes for. But now I have tried to find a solution for days. I didn't understand why I had the errors, since you seem to be "the keeper of the mod", guessed you had some answers and thought I should ask. Maybe... maybe it was something new and if you did make the mod you might have been interested in sorting out all the errors. But it seems you don't like people to give feedback, I've posted 2-3 comments in belief that it might be useful to you and might help me get rid of the bugs that weren't supposed to be there. Every time it seems I've been met with suspicion and denial. When I am telling you I have a problem or noticed a bug... you can't deny me by answering "this is working"... because it isn't. It is not like I haven't tried to fix it.

1. I have the floating eyes - issue. Know it not your problem and was planning to see if I could sort it out with the Texture replace replaced guys.
  2. The translation keys are not working, no matter how many times you say "yes they do".
  3. The "C" key isn't working - I can't move between 1st. and 3rd. person view even when changing the settings and trying all sorts of stuff.

I am sorry that I do not fit your expectation as  a user. I will stop comment on this site, delete the mod and continue enjoy KSP.

Have a nice evening!

Sorry you feel that way.

Consider that no one else seems to be having the problems you are.

I've tested exactly what you describe, and can't  reproduce the errors.

I do try to fix bugs, but if I can't  reproduce them, it's very hard to do so.

I maintain over 130 mods.  It's very rare that I can't fix a bug. 

5 hours ago, EasyAce said:

You know what...

Have a nice evening!

I just got home and looked into your log file.

You have lots of mods, and there are lots of problems in the log file, to the point that it's not going to be possible to identify what's wrong.  There are lots of exceptions, including a few from this mod which are causing your problems.  However, it's impossible to identify what is causing the problem because of so many other issues which are going on.  Something is causing the camera manager to be uninitialized, and there are lots of errors and exceptions before this which can be the source of the problem.

What you need to do is to create a brand new, totally clean install, and just install Through-The-eyes, and then test that, without anything else being there and interfering.  You are asking for help, I'm trying to offer it.

I fail to understand your comment about "suspicion".  The "denial" was stating a fact, that it works in all of my testing.

I do see you are running the latest version, so no problem there.

You've had problems with mods before, you ask for help, and, in one instance in CrewRnR, after both myself and others replied to you, never bothered to respond to anyone.  If you ask for support, you need to at least let people know if it's working or not, just wandering away doesn't provide any information.

If I sound testy, I am.  You are free to not use the mod.  I do this on my own time, for free.  So, when someone asks for help, I do what I can.  But my life is mine, not yours, and if I can't devote hours of my time helping you, that's just the way it is.  If you respond to this, I'll still do what I can to help, but you do need to respond.

Otherwise, have a nice life

About your latest reply:

Fair enough! Thank you, it was a reply that actually helped me. I am not technical at all. I did not know I had a lot of problems in the log file.
I do have a lot of mods, and as long as the game don't crash or lag, I believed it to be fine. Based on your feedback I understand it is not.

Also I understand that it might not be your mod that is the problem, and I humbly excuse any problems I've caused by believing so.
In my experience everything worked fine, then when installing your mod I saw that stuff didn't work as it was expected. Logic told me it was your mod that caused the problems.

Your mod is still something I would like to use, but if I am forced to choose between my heavy modded "working" setup, and a clean install with "through the eyes"... then I will go on without it.
Even so, I appreciate your work as a modder. You part of those that are making sure Kerbal Space Program is awesome.

About me replying when you are trying to help me in other threads.... sorry about that. I've been in and out of Kerbal Space Programs for years - might have been one of those moment when I left the game for some months.

12 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

Your mod is still something I would like to use, but if I am forced to choose between my heavy modded "working" setup, and a clean install with "through the eyes"... then I will go on without it.
Even so, I appreciate your work as a modder. You part of those that are making sure Kerbal Space Program is awesome.

Partially working.  Take a look into the log file, look for the following:

NullReferenceException

That is an error, sometimes it is not significant, sometimes it is.  But there are so many in your log file, it's difficult to tell which is which.

Anyway, so what I suggest is this:

First, do the clean install as I suggested earlier, and you should see that the mod is working.  If it isn't, then it's a problem with the mod.

Then, install about 25% of the mods into this new install and test again.  It may or may not work, if it does, install some more and try again

I would suggest leaving out all the graphical mods until the end.

Also, leave Kopernicus & GPP out til the end either.

At some point, it will start to fail, and then you will know which batch of mods is causing the problem.  You can then start removing a few at a time of the last batch added until it starts working.

I know this is tedious, but it's necessary given the number of mods.  It's something that most people go through at some point, I've lost count on how many times I've had to do it.  The good news is that once you figure it out, your game will run better and faster

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

At some point, it will start to fail, and then you will know which batch of mods is causing the problem.  You can then start removing a few at a time of the last batch added until it starts working.

I know this is tedious, but it's necessary given the number of mods.  It's something that most people go through at some point, I've lost count on how many times I've had to do it.  The good news is that once you figure it out, your game will run better and faster

Ok, lets try.

Did a clean install and only added your mod. Seems it worked fine:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvTGPhVqr_5ngp98apCdwLzjhofwDg

@EasyAce Turning on the "display all error messages" (not sure the exact name of the setting, i am away from my machine) can be very helpful. You'll be surprised how many things you start seeing in orange in the top right of your screen during game load. But when you are starting from a clean install and slowly adding back mods removed to quarantine, it can help you track things down by at least having a hint where to look in your logs and stuff.

Edited by Errol

15 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

Ok, lets try.

Did a clean install and only added your mod. Seems it worked fine:

What @Errol said.

I looked at your log file, it's totally clean.  You may want to take a look just to get an idea of what it looks like.

I would also suggest installing a mod called ExceptionDetector, which will show you errors on screen as they happen

On 8.2.2018 at 5:10 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Partially working.  Take a look into the log file, look for the following:

NullReferenceException

That is an error, sometimes it is not significant, sometimes it is.  But there are so many in your log file, it's difficult to tell which is which.

Anyway, so what I suggest is this:

First, do the clean install as I suggested earlier, and you should see that the mod is working.  If it isn't, then it's a problem with the mod.

Then, install about 25% of the mods into this new install and test again.  It may or may not work, if it does, install some more and try again

I would suggest leaving out all the graphical mods until the end.

Ok, so what you are saying is to start with a clean install, then add some mods. Open the outputlog, search for "nullreferenceexception" and if I find none, all should be ok?

Did that now and found none after adding Dmagic Orbital Scoence, KIS, RasterProp, ScanSat, Universal Storage and Vessel Viewer. Will conitinue to add some and see if I get errors

35 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

Ok, so what you are saying is to start with a clean install, then add some mods. Open the outputlog, search for "nullreferenceexception" and if I find none, all should be ok?

Did that now and found none after adding Dmagic Orbital Scoence, KIS, RasterProp, ScanSat, Universal Storage and Vessel Viewer. Will conitinue to add some and see if I get errors

Essentially, yes.  But, there are some which can be ignored, you will learn over time which can be ignored and which can’t.

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Essentially, yes.  But, there are some which can be ignored, you will learn over time which can be ignored and which can’t.

Think I am learning new stuff here :) Thanks.

So based on this last output log:

I do have a lot of errors with the USI life support mod. I do get a lot of exceptions on the life support monitor.

18 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

Think I am learning new stuff here :) Thanks.

So based on this last output log:

I do have a lot of errors with the USI life support mod. I do get a lot of exceptions on the life support monitor.

I cant download the log right now, but it sounds line you need to go to the USI thesd for those.  They may be harmless, but only they can help with those errors

Hi,

I've done the reinstallation of my modlist... and sourced it down to the "floating eye problem".

Everything is fine until I install USI Kolonization Class Suits - which urge me to install TectureReplacerReplaced.
when going eva, the eyes are floating again.

Doesn't seem the outputlog sees it.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvTGPhVqr_5ngqAgCdhBo1Lw_VLSEw

FYI: I prefer your mod over the two above, so I will uninstall them. Guess it is nice to have it confirmed after all the spamming from me.

Edited by EasyAce

4 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Hi,

I've done the reinstallation of my modlist... and sourced it down to the "floating eye problem".

Everything is fine until I install USI Kolonization Class Suits - which urge me to install TectureReplacerReplaced.
when going eva, the eyes are floating again.

Doesn't seem the outputlog sees it.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvTGPhVqr_5ngqAgCdhBo1Lw_VLSEw

FYI: I prefer your mod over the two above, so I will uninstall them. Guess it is nice to have it confirmed after all the spamming from me.

Thanks for the update.

Two things: First, I'm pretty sure that the TexturerReplacerReplaced is a dependency, not a suggestion.  

Second, assuming that's true, what happens when you install TexturerReplacerReplaced and NOT the USI KolonizatoinClassSuits?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Second, assuming that's true, what happens when you install TexturerReplacerReplaced and NOT the USI KolonizatoinClassSuits?

I installed only TRR.

- The eyes are there floating around again.

Seems TRR is the problem

• 1 month later...