linuxgurugamer

[1.4.*] Through The Eyes of a Kerbal

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

So which key exactly is for EVA report in first person?

Use this, which is mentioned in the OP:

On 10/23/2017 at 6:53 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

If using those features the Part Commander mod is recommended to have access to right-click menu actions from within IVA or first person EVA.


 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allright, as you also update Part Commander I have to wait for it to get this feature...

btw Part Commander is also a must have. :kiss:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Allright, as you also update Part Commander I have to wait for it to get this feature...

btw Part Commander is also a must have. :kiss:

Well, neither of these mods has been updated for 1.4.1.  So be patient, they are not really high on the list right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! for resurrecting this mod, it's one of my favorites.   How well does it play with Eva Enhancements?  Haven't tried it, but it would seem their key assignments are incompatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer, the visible features like eyes and teeth should be easy to remove. In the old source code of the mod it was done by iterating children of the helmet transform. Poke me, if you need some help on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ser said:

@linuxgurugamer, the visible features like eyes and teeth should be easy to remove. In the old source code of the mod it was done by iterating children of the helmet transform. Poke me, if you need some help on it.

@Ser

I'm rather busy right now updating mods for 1.4.1/1.4.2.  I'm only fixing breaking bugs right now, if you could take a look and submit a PR, that would be very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I found this oddity of a mod... One might even say its a ... space oddity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kerbin said:

I'm glad I found this oddity of a mod... One might even say its a ... space oddity.

 

 

Sorry to say, there is no medication for space oddity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry to say, there is no medication for space oddity

You could try leaving the capsule, if you dare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jacke said:

You could try leaving the capsule, if you dare.

Just do some meditational kung-fu and take a feather duster with you when you go EVA. There are solar panels out there? Or perhaps you have a window to peek out? Then you need a feather duster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the visible Eyes and Teeth problem in context with TRR mod (sry if its already known, but i couldnt find something about it in both threads)

You can simply disable and enable them ingame with the TRR menu, also inflight. Can provide Pictures tommorow if needed.

Just in case someone needs this... @klgraham1013  maybe



1. Click on the TTR Menu Button.
2.Click on Heads Menu.
3.Set the Values for Eyes, Pupils and Teeth to 0.
4. Continue enjoying Through the Eyes of a Kerbal Mod.

7HV2XOq.png

Edited by Euer_Hochwuergen
added Picture for description

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, Ser said:

@linuxgurugamer, the visible features like eyes and teeth should be easy to remove. In the old source code of the mod it was done by iterating children of the helmet transform. Poke me, if you need some help on it.

Poke, Poke @Ser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Poke, Poke @Ser

Sorry, bro, I've offered you help but ran into some troubles myself. I'll make a PR as soon as I'll be able to get to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ser said:

Sorry, bro, I've offered you help but ran into some troubles myself. I'll make a PR as soon as I'll be able to get to it.

No problem, it’s  a hobby after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, this seems to work fine in 1.4.3. I used it for the Sally-Hut 1 mission and career and didn't have any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, Euer_Hochwuergen said:

About the visible Eyes and Teeth problem in context with TRR mod (sry if its already known, but i couldnt find something about it in both threads)

You can simply disable and enable them ingame with the TRR menu, also inflight. Can provide Pictures tommorow if needed.

Just in case someone needs this... @klgraham1013  maybe



1. Click on the TTR Menu Button.
2.Click on Heads Menu.
3.Set the Values for Eyes, Pupils and Teeth to 0.
4. Continue enjoying Through the Eyes of a Kerbal Mod.

 

I hope this doesn't remove them altogether...

I can't wait to see!  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 6:33 AM, Speadge said:

did i miss something?

what about the config-file mentioned in the OP?

What about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

What about it?

sorry for not going into detail - thought it was obvious:

it is missing in your zip - though i found it in the original one

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Speadge said:

sorry for not going into detail - thought it was obvious:

it is missing in your zip - though i found it in the original one

I'll take a look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speadge said:

sorry for not going into detail - thought it was obvious:

it is missing in your zip - though i found it in the original one

Did you check to see if it was created after going into the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you check to see if it was created after going into the game?

actually - no :D
wanted to set it up beforehand.

If this is what it does - well.. Startup takes ~3 minutes, so i didnt try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Speadge said:

actually - no :D
wanted to set it up beforehand.

If this is what it does - well.. Startup takes ~3 minutes, so i didnt try it.

 I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Love the role playing this mod brings to the game. That being said, is there a way to modify the control scheme as the "H" button coincides with a function in KIS/KAS. I would love to try the force EVA setting but I can't detach/attach a part during EVA. Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.