[1.12.x] Through The Eyes of a Kerbal

linuxgurugamer

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What is "TURD"?

Textures Unlimited Recolor Depot.. that mod

Edit: although that seems not to be the issue, instead I believe that it is TextureReplacer that's causing the problem

Edited by acr_8133

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 1:25 AM, Enceos said:

Love this mod a lot! It inspired me to make a KIS Holo Visor prop with EVA Propellant level indicator. Available in my KIS Wearable Props.

what version of that props mod and ksp are you using? iim using v1.9.1 n everything seems to work except the helmets and guns n was really tryna get the glass helmet with first person. during EVA i can place the helmet on the ground or even mount it on something with KIS/KAS but nothing happens when i go to actually equip it :(

I have this wierd issue that I think might be two issues...

While IVA in Mk1 I happened to click somewhere in the cockpit and the perspective of the Kerbal moved closer to the "roof". It is like he is standing up to see out of the window... which is cool, but also moves the view away from the RPM screens. I am not able to "move back" into the seat. Any smart commands?

Also I am not able to switch back to external view again.

Yes I did do some changes and tweaks to force myself to IVA but I kind of regret it and am not able to turn it back.

Tried deleting the mod with no luck. So I installed it again guessing that I would then get the option in the settings page to tur nof the force IVA setting... but still not able to get to the 3rd persion view.

Any suggestions?

47 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

I have this wierd issue that I think might be two issues...

While IVA in Mk1 I happened to click somewhere in the cockpit and the perspective of the Kerbal moved closer to the "roof". It is like he is standing up to see out of the window... which is cool, but also moves the view away from the RPM screens. I am not able to "move back" into the seat. Any smart commands?

Also I am not able to switch back to external view again.

Yes I did do some changes and tweaks to force myself to IVA but I kind of regret it and am not able to turn it back.

Tried deleting the mod with no luck. So I installed it again guessing that I would then get the option in the settings page to tur nof the force IVA setting... but still not able to get to the 3rd persion view.

Any suggestions?

This has nothing to do with this mod.

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This has nothing to do with this mod.

Ok sorry then. My guess was that this mod changed some keybindings or made restrictions to some keybindings working - hence this mod might effect my games possibilities to visit 3rd person view. But if you say so I will trust that. Will look elsewhere then.

Hi @linuxgurugamer I have a problem with flickering when in first person EVA. I recorded a video of it: Video

The flickering only disappears when running the renderer in lowest or low setting. I asked in scatterer thread already beacause i thought it's related to the common 1.9 shadow problem.

I was told it could be an issue with nearClipPlane being overridden. I'm running the game on dx11. Is it only me who has this problem and can it be solved?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

This mod is cool and works for 1.10.1 but I have two things to say/ask:

1. The first person feels too much dizzy, and it's probably because of the fov, so is there anyway to change the FOV? The ALT + Scroll doesn't work

2. Is there any way to revert the RCS controls to the normal ones? I dont like the ones used on vessels

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, LtMtz said:

I have a problem with flickering when in first person EVA

Same here. I got only scatterer (no EVE etc.) to fix the shadows issue and get a little better visual.

But in first person EVA there still is flickering as soon as the orientation of view is slightly changed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a great mod. I don't understand why a first person view isn't included in the game. I can't seem to get the jet pack thrusters to work at all. Is it possible to use the normal Kerbal control axes from the settings page while in FP? Also, is it possible to use the normal camera axes (with POV hat) to look around the inside of the helmet? I can only use the mouse to look around.

Thanks.

Edited by DoogyRev

On 5/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, LtMtz said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer I have a problem with flickering when in first person EVA. I recorded a video of it: Video

The flickering only disappears when running the renderer in lowest or low setting. I asked in scatterer thread already beacause i thought it's related to the common 1.9 shadow problem.

I was told it could be an issue with nearClipPlane being overridden. I'm running the game on dx11. Is it only me who has this problem and can it be solved?

Thanks in advance!

Did you end up finding a solution to the flickering? I'm getting the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

same here. flickering terrain, using scatterer.

Sort of: I uninstalled the mod and am currently using Hullcam VDS to do first-person EVAs (right click on kerbal and select 'Activate Camera' to activate first-person view, then use Backspace to cancel first-person view). No matter what I tried, I couldn't solve the flickering issue. I've had no problems with Hullcam thus far.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

followed the instructions at the first post but cant find the way to change the keybindings. Im on 1.11.2

Did you try editing the file specified:

The ThroughTheEyes/PluginData/options.cfg contains the following, you can change them with a text editor:

• toggleFirstPersonKey
  • EVAKey
  • recoverKey
  • reviewDataKey

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you try editing the file specified:

The ThroughTheEyes/PluginData/options.cfg contains the following, you can change them with a text editor:

• toggleFirstPersonKey
  • EVAKey
  • recoverKey
  • reviewDataKey

I found that field, however I was under the impression that you could change the keys for translating the kerbal too. For instance, I want to swap I and K to translate up and down respectively, instead of down and up, but found no line to edit.