EVERYONE SHOULD TRY DOING LOOPS IN ROCKETS WHILE TRYING TO GET INTO ORBIT

Soap

4 minutes ago, monstah said:

Oh, great. I thought I was the only one still crapping out my launches after thousands of hours of play...

Nope, every once in a while I will still send up a contraption of extreme Kerbal abuse! I had one a while back that not only looped, but it spun as it did it... :confused:

I've had a few launches that tumbled and rolled so much I would just quit fighting it.  Instead I'd just gun the throttle while the engines happened to be pointing in the right-ish direction, then kill it for the rest of the roll.

Of course the best shuttle reentry I've had resulted in the thing tumbling for at least 20 km.  Only one to ever actually land in one piece.

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I've had a few launches that tumbled and rolled so much I would just quit fighting it.  Instead I'd just gun the throttle while the engines happened to be pointing in the right-ish direction, then kill it for the rest of the roll.

Of course the best shuttle reentry I've had resulted in the thing tumbling for at least 20 km.  Only one to ever actually land in one piece.

Just now, monstah said:

IMO that's the best way to try and recover, actually.

Hehehe... and so glad to hear that about reentry. That's my method, too...

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Soap said:

Its really fun and amazing, and everyone should try it! Honestly, it's kind of hard but hey! Bob's face will bring you joy!

No, thank you! If one of my pet thundersticks starts doing *that* again it just means that not enough flappy things were glued to the bottom! (also, that a random underling at VAB must be fired).

Edited by Haruspex

On 24.10.2017 at 3:45 PM, monstah said:

Oh, great. I thought I was the only one still crapping out my launches after thousands of hours of play...

It's not crapping...

It's kerbal way for space:D

Now when i think about... lastly i build some 40k-salto for the win beasts...

Edited by Urses

• 2 weeks later...

What would be a challenge is NASA launching something taking account of real physics and doing some spins and making it into orbit.. although, would freak everyone out and probably get a few people fired but then again they can take it to tell their kids one day eh? "i flipped a rocked into orbit, i got fired for it"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.