FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly

Hi!

I'm trying to make what is more or less a hello world mod. I got it running okey, but when adding another line of code accessing the FlightGlobals variable I get the following error:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

Any ideas of what this means? I'm using VS2017, chose net 3.5 when creating the project (but this is not visible in the project file) and added references to Assembly-CSharp, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, UnityEngine, UnityEngine.UI.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

using UnityEngine;

namespace NamespaceName
{
    [KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.FlightAndEditor, false /*once*/)]
    public class ModName : MonoBehaviour
    {
        public void Update()
        {
            if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.F5))
            {
                Debug.Log("F5");

// Causes exception when the following two rows are added:
                Vessel vessel = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel;
                Debug.Log("Name: " + vessel.name);
            }
        }
    }
}

2 minutes ago, Katten said:

I did choose 3.5 when creating the project. There doesn't seem to exist a way to confirm this choice in 2017 tho.

Did you make sure you chose the project type "Class Library (.NET Framework)". If you did then your project properties page should include a target framework drop down with 3.5 selected 

1 minute ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Did you make sure you chose the project type "Class Library (.NET Framework)". If you did then your project properties page should include a target framework drop down with 3.5 selected 

Aha! I chose Universal Windows! Trying "Class Library (.NET Standard)" now...

I chose 3.5 again, but after creating the project it says Application -> Target framework = .NET standard 1.4
Sounds weird?

1 minute ago, Katten said:

Aha! I chose Universal Windows! Trying "Class Library (.NET Standard)" now...

I chose 3.5 again, but after creating the project it says Application -> Target framework = .NET standard 1.4
Sounds weird?

No Standard won't work either. It needs to be "Class Library (.NET Framework)". 

3 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Aha again! There is no such choice for me, so probably need to install it... thanks, checking! I wouldn't have guessed, considering the first option actually was able to run, catch key events and print debug output

21 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Let it be known for all future that Aelfhe1m rocks!

Totally worked, after (for reference) clicking "Tools -> Get Tools and Features -> Modify -> Workloads -> .NET desktop development."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.