What new part/craft/feature do you want to see in stock KSP?

For me, personally,

1. Motorized landing gear
  2. Scramjets
  3. A new R.A.P.I.E.R. - like engine
  4. The Stearwing D45 
  5. A realistic shuttle
  6. A new craft like Kerbal Y
  7. Or Kerbal Z
  8. SpaceX craft and parts,
  9. A stock Saturn V 
  10. N1
  11. Soyuz parts
  12. N-body physics
  13. Asteroids, parts, and Kerbals having gravity
  14. Being able to move entire things like planets or moons (Sometimes we want to push Gilly somewhere else), with other things with gravity, albeit not a lot.
  15. More radial engines
  16. More heatshields
  17. More parachutes
  18. Moar boosters!
  19. More capsules
  20. A built in DeltaV calculator

How about you?

1. MOAR PLANE PARTS
  2. Water effects/boat parts
  3. Atmospheric and water scattering/shading
  4. Clouds 
  5. Weather (Rain, snow, wind...)
  6. Stearwing D45 re-added as a stock aircraft
  7. Asteroid gravity
  8. The ability to edit the solar system
  9. MechJeb stock at the last career tech tree node
  10. KER
  11. I'm happy Saturn V parts are coming in the Making history expansion, but I want MOAR.
  12. The ability to place objects (Like KK)
  13. Russian parts (Buran, Soyuz, N-1, and russian plane parts)
  14. Better stock shuttles
  15. ALG (Adjustable Landing Gear)
  16. Visitable cities, towns, launch sites, airports, etc.
  17. more Kerbal facial designs
  18. KAS and KIS 
  19. BETTER BASE PARTS
  20. The ability to "dig" and "tunnel"
  21. HD textures for EVERYTHING

Terrain editing through parts- I want to be able to make bases in caves and such

A faster game for my old clunker

Something to make it easier to install mods

N1-LOK, UR700-LK700, TMK

Mechjeb-like parts

Ballutes

Future tech in the tree

More solar systems, including being able to choose the one you start in

Cryogenics

Animal command parts (Chimps, Dogs, etc.)

Perhaps DLC with fantasy parts- Steampunk, WWII Tech, pre-1920s ideas (Space Cannons, Cosmic Sails, Repurposed Dunatian Tech, etc.), stuff like that

More surface ops, so people don't just plop a flag down, grab an eva report and surface sample, and leave

All good suggestions, but two that really jumped out at me were Grand Ship Builder's built in Delta V Calculator and Kosmonaut's more surface ops.  I've always found it strange the Kerbals spend all that time, money and effort into developing the technology to reach the moons and planets, head off on voyages that can take years to complete, only to hop outside, plant a flag, pick up some dirt, oh and jump up and down, before getting ready to leave.

One thing I would like to see is a more realistic timescale.  Being able to start on Y1: D1 without having ever left the ground, and in less than a month being able to land on Mun and Minmus is way too fast; maybe there should be some sort of time required to build rockets, upgrade facilities, etc?  This would also mean a bit more planning of future missions if the rocket and its payload would take several months build time from the date ordered. 

Anyway that's my twopence worth.

1. Stock parts art pass 

2. Clouds and scatterer in stock

3. Delta-V calculation in flight and in the VAB

4. Transfer orbit aid and alarm clock in stock

5. Career balance pass on building tier perks, tech tree, etc.

6. Strategies for directly effecting contract type probabilities (eg. "All Mine" - increases the chance of mining contracts appearing, etc.)

7. Low dry-weight tanks and fuel-switch

8. Nuclear reactors

9. Smaller and larger LV-N, 1.25m Ion engine

10. Stock USI-LS, SSPX, and NFT

11. Surface features like volcanoes, fissures, fossils, with science bonuses.

11. Filled out skill-tree for kerbals including aerobrake calculations, lock on angle to horizon, KIS/KAS.

12. Time-based bonuses for hitting milestones before certain calendar dates. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

On 10/23/2017 at 10:01 PM, The Flying Kerbal said:

One thing I would like to see is a more realistic timescale.  Being able to start on Y1: D1 without having ever left the ground, and in less than a month being able to land on Mun and Minmus is way too fast; maybe there should be some sort of time required to build rockets, upgrade facilities, etc?  This would also mean a bit more planning of future missions if the rocket and its payload would take several months build time from the date ordered. 

Anyway that's my twopence worth.

Until they fix this, there are a number of solutions currently available. Both Kerbal Construction Time and BARIS provide a means of tracking build time requirements. I've actually settled on a really simplified solution of setting a recurring alarm in Kerbal Alarm Clock for every 20 days and just have a rule that I can only launch again after that 20 day limit has expired. It works pretty well and only requires KAC which I already use anyway.

I tend to change to timeframe as ships get more complicated. For sounding rockets I use 5 days. Once I get up to 2.5/3.75m launches I'll likely require 60 days. This will allow me to keep my 20 day counter and just know that I need to let 3 pass between my big launches. This isn't perfect or "realistic" but it does force me to make some decisions about prioritizing missions tied to interplanetary launch windows.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Higher 0.625m fuel tanks

I really miss a 0.625m diameter tank higher than the Oscar-B. It would help a great deal reduce part count on small asparagus settings. At the moment you need to stack at least 5 Oscar-B multiplied by x6 symmetry. This really quickly increases part count and reduce frame rate on my not very powerful computer... Even better : include multiple sizes of tank for 0.625 diameter the same as FL-T 100, FL-T 200, FL-T 400 and FL-T 800.

Also intermediate size xenon tanks would be great. Ideally two : diameter 0.625 with two and four times the height of the PB-X150

2. 3.75m fuel tanks/adapters to 2.5m and 1.25m

Would make easier assembling big launchers and reduce part count on take off

3. More Liquid Fuel only tanks and adapters

The same Rockomax and Kerbodyne tanks with only LF in it

Mk-3 to 2.5m regular and slanted, Mk-3 to Mk-2

Maybe a selection by right clicking on the tank in editor to switch between Full LF or LF+Ox not to have a too many tanks in the list

4. More 3.75m diameter elements

Battery, reaction wheel, Probe controller mainly for recoverable booster stages

5. Engines 

A larger ion engine for more thrust to make it more usable with crew modules

An in- game electric propeller, not having to build it DIY

A 2.5m engine arround 500-600 kN of Thrust in vacuum and mass around 1.5-2 tons to fill the gap between aerospikes and Vector engines

5. Bigger wings

Square or rectangular wings with an area between 5 and 10 would also reduce part count while making planes

6. Inflatable heat shields

A smaller one to fill the gap between 3.75 and 10m existing heat shields

A bigger one also for big lander to eve sea level

Improvements/Bug fixes on the Jettison option (takes half the craft with the shield whereas a rockomax decoupler provides a clean separation)

7. Command Pods

A 2 seat, 1.25m, reasonably 

8. The cracken

Improve the behavior of auto strut making it explode less wanting to invoke the cracked for rapid and explosive disassembly

9. Bigger RTG and bigger parachutes

10. Tourists crew transfer

Either allow them to EVA (in case of emergency/construction mistake with penalty on reputation) or allow to transfer to an external seat

11. Reentry trajectories

There is a mode called Trajectories but I think it should be in the stock game

16 hours ago, RX2000 said:

1. Stock life support

2. Stock life support

And dont forget 3..... stock life support.

Don't forget adequate tools/budget calculators/mission planners to help the player figure it all out. without the supporting tools it will just get shouted down by all the dummies. or worse diluted down to a boring mass depleting "fuel" resource.

8 minutes ago, Capt Snuggler said:

Don't forget adequate tools/budget calculators/mission planners to help the player figure it all out. without the supporting tools it will just get shouted down by all the dummies. or worse diluted down to a boring mass depleting "fuel" resource.

This makes logical sense.  Than again, aren't such things needs for space travel in general, and we still don't have those tools.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2017 at 9:37 PM, RX2000 said:

1. Stock life support

2. Stock life support

And dont forget 3..... stock life support.

On 07/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, klgraham1013 said:

I'll 4th that.

Maybe in advance difficulty settings. 

Is it already hard for beginners. It'd be good to add life support but not making it mandatory 

3.75m reaction wheels

2.5m nervs

2.5m rapiers, and intakes for it

2.5m Solid rocket booster

3.75m docking port

A less draggy 1.25m shielded docking port

Inline rtgs (essentially, a service bay with integrated rtgs, to save on part count)

Big solar panels with integrated shroud so they can (reasonably) survive re-entry if retracted

Retractable rover wheels, so wide rovers can be stored in cargo bays

A lighter 2.5m landing can

5 ways RCS. Aerodinamic ones as well

Interstage multiadapters

Nuclear reactors

6 hours ago, Jules 13 said:

Maybe in advance difficulty settings. 

Is it already hard for beginners. It'd be good to add life support but not making it mandatory 

Thats fine, I wouldnt mind it being a difficulty setting, like how the stock commsat system is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.