What planets have you made it to?

GreenLight

13 hours ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

Considering you are a new member to the forum, and perhaps new to the game - making it to Duna is impressive. It is not easy to do at all. I had to build a fuel mining base on Minmus and a orbiting fuel tank space station before I could pull it off.

Welcome GreenLight!

Thank you, i think i have only put a few hours into the game i may be wrong i don't know though, it says on steam i have played 301 hours but my 2 other brothers have played this a lot before i did so i probably only put around 2 or 3 of those hours in or maybe higher i don't know.

13 hours ago, Geonovast said:

You'll get it.  Every time you play, you'll learn something new.  When I first got the game, I didn't even know map mode existed.  My biggest accomplishment was managing to actually hit the Mun by point at it and going as fast as I could.

Yeah yesterday i played ksp and i learned how to use gravity assists

16 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

kerbin, duna, jool

also mars

Wait isn't duna mars?

Edited by GreenLight
to put something down

I've landed probes on every stock body, and I've made manned landings on every stock body except for Moho, Eve, and Gilly. In OPM I've sent probes to Sarnus and its moons. I keep planning a manned Sarnus mission, but it keeps getting interrupted by game updates and real-life.

with 3400+ hours under my belt, I've been everywhere and back multiple times.
The challenge of the game is gone for me, so now I just design ships for fun and showcase them on KerbalX.
In fact, if you click the picture in my signature below, you can watch me complete the Jool 5 challenge on hard without saves, reverts or regrets.

I have landed probes on The Mun, Minmus, Eve, Duna, Ike, and Laythe. But i never had a Kerbal walk outside of Kerbins SOI.

In Realism Overhaul, i landed a few probes on the Moon, did a Few venus flybys but not a Mars flyby. I also tried landing a person on the Moon in sandbox but that failed miserably.

Got like 120 hours in the game so far. So far I've only been to Kerbin (heh), & then I've been to the Mun & Minmus both several times. Landed kerbalnauts & probes & rovers on each multiple times. Never been anywhere else. In my current game with a bunch of mods installed (Unmanned Before Manned, TACLS, ScanSat, etc etc etc) I'm currently waiting for the best launch window for Duna (150 more days to go), then I plan to try & send an orbiter there. If it makes it it will be the first time I've gone interplanetary in my whole KSP career.

34 minutes ago, RX2000 said:

Got like 120 hours in the game so far. So far I've only been to Kerbin (heh), & then I've been to the Mun & Minmus both several times. Landed kerbalnauts & probes & rovers on each multiple times. Never been anywhere else. In my current game with a bunch of mods installed (Unmanned Before Manned, TACLS, ScanSat, etc etc etc) I'm currently waiting for the best launch window for Duna (150 more days to go), then I plan to try & send an orbiter there. If it makes it it will be the first time I've gone interplanetary in my whole KSP career.

I never wait for the perfect time for launching and also nice

But what if i don't want to use common sense?

On 10/24/2017 at 1:46 AM, stibbons said:

I've logged 1200 hours in game, according to Steam. Crewed missions to Mun and Minmus, and a couple of small asteroid redirects just outside of Kerbin SOI. Landed a few probes on Duna. 

And that's all. Remotetech and life support mods make for much more cautious and slower gameplay. 

That's a lot of hours

1 hour ago, GreenLight said:

That's a lot of hours

I once did a real time mission to Minmus. I just left the game running while I slept. It added a lot of hours to my play time. But -  you know - I recommend it. It makes you realize just how big these distance are.

I have sent probes to all planets, but only landed on a few.

The planets I have landed on:

1. Kerbin (duh)

2. Mun

3, Minmus ( I have landed on Minmus more than Kerbin. I once had a thriving city on Minmus, and used my Minmus mines to fuel my trip to Duna)

4, Duna (But I have never returned all the way back to Kerbin yet. I have only gone from the surface of Duna to an orbital Duna Space Station.)

5. Laythe (My first effort crashed into the sea. I landed a rover on land, but my next effort also crashed into the sea. So I sent a manned floating base, which is still there, but I would need to write a mod to turn Laythe waters into rocket fuel to take it further.)

6. Bop to visit the Kraken (But I m pretty sure I cheated to do that. I just wanted to take a picture with the Karken.)

7. I have captured asteroid and put resource extractors on them , but I am not sure that counts.

Where else have I been? I sure sure I am forgetting something,,, 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:46 PM, GreenLight said:

Thank you, i think i have only put a few hours into the game i may be wrong i don't know though, it says on steam i have played 301 hours but my 2 other brothers have played this a lot before i did so i probably only put around 2 or 3 of those hours in or maybe higher i don't know.

Yeah yesterday i played ksp and i learned how to use gravity assists

Wait isn't duna mars?

Rss

I've made it to all of the planets with Kerbals in the game. And back to orbit. I would have gone back to Kerbin, but for Moho, Eve, and Dres, storyline obligations (this was for a mission report) kept me there. In all three cases, the capability to return to Kerbin is there.

In RO/RP-0, I have landed humans on the Moon and I have (mostly) successfully landed a probe on Venus. I have also crashed into Mars...

I've only got 65 hours in KSP but I plan to add a lot more hours to that :D. So far I've landed kerbonauts on both the Mun and Minmus in career mode. I've tried (and failed miserably) to land unmanned vehicles on the Mun, but with a communications system that currently consists of one crappy relay satellite in LKO, it's quite hard*. Once I set up a proper communications system which will set the foundations for unmanned missions to the Mun, Minmus and beyond, and then send a couple probes to land on Kerbin's moons, I plan to visit Duna next (maybe Ike first since the lack of atmosphere makes it easier to land on and take off from). After the Duna system, I'll probably do Gilly because its gravity is a joke, so landings will be easy, and because it's in close proximity to Kerbin.

In sandbox mode I've done the Mun and Minmus of course, and also landed a rover on Ike (but I used HyperEdit to get it into a low orbit of Duna). I also played around a bit in Duna's orbit in sandbox mode.

Apart from that, I haven't made it to any other celestial bodies in career or sandbox. I want to visit them in career mode first because I think that sandbox kind of eliminates the experience of getting to these bodies for the first time.

*I know that I could just land on a spot that faces Kerbin, but even then it's hard for me.

Edited by [insert_name_here]

I've been playing for almost a year, no idea how many hours (I don't get to play more than a few hours a week, so probably no more than 150 hours).  I've been to Mun and Minmus, of course, and done crewed flyby of Duna, landing on Gilly, and captured an asteroid into Kerbin orbit (and mined it dry).  I don't do much with probes; it's all crewed.  I also haven't messed with life support, so it does no harm for Val to spend seven years in a Mk. 1-2 Command Pod...

17 hours ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

I once did a real time mission to Minmus. I just left the game running while I slept. It added a lot of hours to my play time. But -  you know - I recommend it. It makes you realize just how big these distance are.

I have sent probes to all planets, but only landed on a few.

The planets I have landed on:

1. Kerbin (duh)

2. Mun

3, Minmus ( I have landed on Minmus more than Kerbin. I once had a thriving city on Minmus, and used my Minmus mines to fuel my trip to Duna)

4, Duna (But I have never returned all the way back to Kerbin yet. I have only gone from the surface of Duna to an orbital Duna Space Station.)

5. Laythe (My first effort crashed into the sea. I landed a rover on land, but my next effort also crashed into the sea. So I sent a manned floating base, which is still there, but I would need to write a mod to turn Laythe waters into rocket fuel to take it further.)

6. Bop to visit the Kraken (But I m pretty sure I cheated to do that. I just wanted to take a picture with the Karken.)

7. I have captured asteroid and put resource extractors on them , but I am not sure that counts.

Where else have I been? I sure sure I am forgetting something,,, 

I don't count asteroids they're not big enough to be a body.

Edited by GreenLight
to correct myself

- Moho: Ion probe in orbit.

- Eve: Two one-way landings. Kerbal with a rover on the surface, multiple probes and an old derelict mothership in orbit.

- Gilly: It's a refueling spot. Enough said. Currently a 100-ton mothership with eight kerbals onboard in orbit.

- Duna:  Surface - several landers, one flag, one dead kerbal.  Orbit - an old mothership, several contract probes.

- Ike:  An old lander on the surface (a kerbal spent 30 years in it before I rescued him) and an ore survey probe in orbit.

- Dres: Ion probe in orbit.

- Jool:  Old ion probe in orbit. Burned another one in the atmosphere Cassini style. Multiple visits and flybys from bigger expedition ships.

- Pol:  A massive expedition once was here. Refueling stop for Jool missions. Three flags on the surface, survey probe in orbit. 

- Bop:  An expedition was here. Flag on the surface, survey probe in orbit. 

- Vall:  Аn expedition was here.  Flag on the surface, survey probe in orbit. 

- Tylo:  Expedition flyby only. A survey probe in orbit. 

- Laythe: Expedition flyby. An atmospheric probe full of science is splashed down in the Sagan Sea.

- Eeloo: Ion probe in orbit.

That pretty much sums it down, except Mun and Minmus (too much activity on and around those to list here).

Edited by Haruspex

On 10/25/2017 at 8:42 PM, Atkara said:

If you can back this with enough fuel, by all means, go for it -see how it goes :) 

Maybe that's why i always run out of fuel either that or i i'm bad at making rockets probably the ladder...

Wow a lot of people are good at the game while i can't even get to ike...

7 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Maybe that's why i always run out of fuel either that or i i'm bad at making rockets probably the ladder...

It doesn't happen overnight, at least it didn't for me. Can't speak about the rest.

12 hours ago, GreenLight said:

There are a couple of really crucial mods that make deep space exploration much more manageable. The first is Kerbal Alarm Clock which includes a transfer orbit calculator and will let you set timers for launch windows for whatever planet you want to visit. The other thing you'll want to know is your vessel's delta-v. I've always used Mech Jeb for this (I think KER is down?) but you can also do it manually. You can compare your values to the ones on this chart and it will tell you roughly whether you've got enough to get you where you're going.

600px-KerbinDeltaVMap.png
You can also use tools like Precise Maneuver to fine tune your approaches. Practice makes perfect, but tools help! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.