What planets have you made it to?

GreenLight

Mun, Minmus, Eve, Gilly, Duna, Dres, Vall. May have dropped something on Laythe, I don't remember. Minmus is the only place I've made a successful series of manned return landings to.

I realise I have a pretty bad record now! I should improve it.

I've only been on Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus.  I haven't figured out how to get interplanetary intercepts yet (more like I only tried once and it didn't work and I've been farming science from Kerbin system since then).  Hoping to launch (or at least attempt to) a Duna mission this weekend though.

I have plenty of places I have been, so ill start with my career mode. So I've sent a few manned missions to Minmus, and a few probe landers to the Mun. and an impactor for the Mun. (Intended for science from one of the landers.) Then not very long ago I started to send Duna orbiters, and a Duna lander, as well as an Ike lander. The most recent things I did on that save was an Eve orbiter, an Eve lander for a contract, and 3 Jool fly-by missions. 1 of which brought an atmosphere probe with it, And another encountered Laythe. So for my career mode I have never sent a kerbal outside the Kerbin system. (YET.) Oh, and I sent a Moho fly-by probe recently.

Anyways, onto my sandbox. (Also sorry this is so long. I've done quite a bit of stuff :)) In sandbox I've gone to Moho, Eve, Mun, Duna, (manned and unmanned) Jool, Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, and soon to be Plock. Also incase you are wondering, Galileo is running OPM for us now. That's how I have it.

So, happy exploring everyone! :D

Edit: Ok so a really quick edit, I've only ever sent kerbals to Duna because I actually care that they make it back. :P 

Edited by X Sonic Pro X

14 minutes ago, Hypercosmic said:

Isn't that from an older version? The newer version would have your ship exploded on contact with the -250 m altitude.

Any possibility of actual surface landings on Jool were bugged afaik, so as a general rule in any version one should start returning upwards before hitting that point. He goes down to 2500m with this particular craft. The main issue with it being an older version is that reentry heating wasn't in the game yet, but people with large rockets like this always just spam the big inflatable shields everywhere, as shown by Stratzenblitz in their Duna3 video. Matthew's rocket here might have to be slightly bigger to carry those shields around in a newer version, but that's about it.

Edited by Guest
spelling pls

3 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

Any possibility of actual surface landings on Jool were bugged afaik, so as a general rule in any version one should start returning upwards before hitting that point. He goes down to 2500m with this particular craft. The main issue with it being an older version is that reentry heating wasn't in the game yet, but people with large rockets like this always just spam the big inflatable shields everywhere, as shown by Stratzenblitz in their Duna3 video. Matthew's rocket here might have to be slightly bigger to carry those shields around in a newer version, but that's about it.

Bradley Whistance made the ascent from -247m (!) using a pair of stock propellers.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

I never landed on a planet, but I did send some Kerbals to Jool in a giant heat shield and through the atmosphere to see what would happen. I called it "Boys and Girls go to Jool to get more stupider"

Current playthrough of Stock Size Real Solar System, I have only gotten as far as landing on the Moon, Mars, Phobos and Deimos. Have an orbiter at Venus that will return with some samples, and will send a probe lander at next launch window.

Stock... basically everywhere, even Dres. Although there are rumours that that one was faked :wink: 

My first interplanetary journey was actually not to a stock planet, it was to Asclepius and its moon. By default, Asclepius is in a closer orbit to Kerbin than Duna is, making it slightly easier to get to (though landing there presents some unique challenge).

Since then I've gone to every stock celestial body at least once, and quite a few modded ones too. I'm working on New Horizons now (with Asclepius added in now it's been brought up to date) and there are quite a few very interesting planets and moons in that planet pack.

I’ve landed crews on Mun and Minmus, created long term colonies on them, sent a rover to Eve, sent a rover to Duna and Ike, made a long term colony on Duna (with planes!), sent a probe to die in Jools atmosphere, sent a prone to Laythe, sent a rover to Laythe, and now I’m planning a large scale colonization effort to Laythe, dubbed “Project Horizons.”

All in career! 

I just added Dres to the list of planets that I've sent manned missions to (I'd previously put a science probe in a polar orbit, followed by an unmanned mining outpost and fuel transport.) I put the full details of the mission in the "What did you do in KSP today" thread, but basically I sent my science ship (which had already undertaken a successfully mission to the inner planets, retrieving a manned capsule launched from Eve and landing Kerbals on Gilly and Moho) to Dres, towing behind it a small space station (which will act as a fuel depot, supplied by the aforementioned mining outpost and supporting future missions to the planet) and reusable lander to be left behind at the planet and carrying a second, single-use lander which, in addition to being the vehicle for the first crewed landing on Dres's surface, also deposited a science rover which will remain there indefinitely.

The ship's four-Kerbal crew (a pilot, and engineer and two scientists) have now all taken a trip to the surface and back again (most using the reusable lander) and they're now waiting for a transfer window home, using the science ship's MPL to analyze the data that they obtained on their landings in the meantime.

In my Sandbox world i did some missions in 170h Playtime, im using TACLifeSupport and Remotetech.

I manage a KSS (Kerbal SpaceStation) with a 6 Kerbal crew onboard, and change the crew every Lifesupport refueling flight.

------------

Manned Landings:

1 Mün Landing

2 Minmus Landings

1 Duna Landing

-------------

Rovers:

1 Duna Rover

1 Eve Rover (Parachute destroyed in Eve's Athmosphere)

-------------

Mapped planets with Mapsat mod:

9 MapSat's Kerbin and it's moons

3 MapSat's Duna

3 MapSat's Eve

-------------

15 Radiosat's for Radio connection 

3 Debris that are used as Relays at Duna, Mün and Eve

1 Minmus Fuelbase (i dont know why i build this thingy)

=============

Next i do is The Mapping of Moho and Moho-1 my first Manned Mission to Moho.

Edited by SwissSpace93
Correcting

With stock configs I can only make it to Mun, Minimus and Moho (I think or was it Duna) before getting frustrated and sort of bored.So I figured how and I modded some engines to give more thrust and more specific impulse and run on EL/Hydrogen mix. I also created a new resource: Space Dust that I collect with collectors in-flight (modded solar panels) while in space which gets converted with a custom ISRU into Hydrogen. I was bored with mining and adding a mining ship to a mothership adds lots of parts resulting in worsening of already poor performance. Then I was able to fly around the system and reach all planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.