What planets have you made it to?

GreenLight

At present time I have bases on Mun and Minmus with regular travel to both for tourists.

I made a crewed mission on Duna.

I have a probe around Ike and Eve and more probes on their way to Dres and Moho.

My next big mission is to place a mobile base on Duna with a station in orbit, ships for orbit to surface travel, smaller rovers and refuel ship based on Ike and several probes around both Duna and Ike. At present time I'm training kerbonauts for this mission.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's see... 

Moho mission in 1.0.x
Landed multiple times on Eve but never returned from it with stock parts... Sent an exploration propeller plane in 0.25 and did a few biomes before game got corrupted.  And explored using some rover in 0.90 I think.
Kerbin/Mün/Minmus, done so many times...
Duna, landed a Spirit/Opportunity look-alike in 0.23, Landed on Ike somewhere around 0.25/0.90
Completed a Jool-5 in around 1.2 I think, not to mention the countless unmanned I sent there since, stock or otherwise (<3 Jool !)
Dres only once to test a craft file before sending it to 5th Horseman.
Eeloo... Nope.  Still need to get there once.  I had a plan to send a station there in 1.0, but it got ate by the Kraken and haven't sent anything else there since.

To be honest, beyond Jool,  I much more prefer the OPM version of the Kerbol system, imho should be stock by now.  But I might actually reach Eeloo legit at least once when I switch over to 1.4 (staying 1.22 until 1.4 hits) and before reinstalling OPM again :) .

Edited by Francois424

Less than might be guessed from my playtime, probably a consequence of multiple factors: restarting my game every so often when I lose track of what I was doing, playing at larger scales with mods like RT and TAC Life Support, not using much physical timewarp on ascent, etc.

Stock (1x and 6.4x scales): Eve (1-way probe), Gilly (land-and-return), Mun and Minmus (extensive space stations and ground bases), Duna (1-way probe), Ike (at least an unmanned flyby), and I think some unmanned orbital operations around Jool, flying by Tylo and Laythe at a minimum.

Outer Planets Mod (6.4x scale): Nothing ever actually reached, but I think I had probes en route to most of the OPM gas giants.

Galileo's Planet Pack (3.2x scale): Icarus (3 unmanned flybys at scary velocities and scary low periapses), Thalia and Eta (1-way probe landers), Niven (definitely at least a probe orbiter, possibly a lander), Iota and Ceti (manned landings, surface and orbital bases in progress), Tellumo (1-way probe lander), Lili (... the probe crashed into Lili), Gratian and Geminus (1-way probe landers), and probe orbiters en-route to at least two of the gas giants.

Natch, I've restarted yet again (though this time I'm keeping better notes!), and so far haven't done anything more ambitious than probe landers on Iota/Ceti.

15 hours ago, CalvinWinz said:

Afaik, I made it as far as Duna, although it was a badly planned mission, so quicksave. I made countless trips to Minmus, and haven't been to the Mun lately because of it's huge delta-v gap between the two bodies.

Wut... There isn't too much of a gap, apart from landing/takeoff.

6500 hours that Steam knows about and as many in non-steam installs.

Kerbin & moons all with stations & bases

Duna  - infrastructure building for colony

Jool - Probes

Sarnus & Urlum - Probes

Eve - Probes, Kerballed flyby

Moho - Probe

Arkas - Probe

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

7 hours ago, qzgy said:

Wut... There isn't too much of a gap, apart from landing/takeoff.

It might just be me actually. The last time I tried to go to the Mun, I landed on it with no fuel left, poor Jeb being stuck out there for months until I rescued him, along with another kerbal from Munar orbit. I actually used most of my fuel too.

All stock planets in sandbox, with kerbals.

In career mode, all stock planets except Eeloo because I never followed a single career long enough for the craft to arrive.I even sent Kerbals to Dres... they were being punished with such a boring mission.

Including OPM, Sarnus. The others I just edited myself there, or I sent probes to them and had an intercept trajectory, but never followed through.

I've never successfully gotten back from the surface of Eve.

I've done apollo-style from Moho.

Working right now on making some improvements to MechJeb to make planning and executing trips to Moho better (you can include an approximate capture burn now in the transfer planner and i did a bunch of debugging of the transfer planner optimizer to make it more reliable and accurate).

using the current eggbox version...

crewed landings on Mun and Minmus with successful returns

Crewed orbit of Duna with a return to Kerbin orbit, gave up trying to land back on Kerbin due to "issues" with the console game

As above at Eve

Probes to Mun, Minmus, Eve, Duna and Jool

On 12/21/2017 at 8:18 PM, TheKorbinger said:

Just to prove my dad right on what Scott Manley (God almighty, he is.) did, Send a manned mission to Laythe in back using 3 parts. I did it, and blew his mind. :D

Yeah....I'm gonna need to see some ID. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?

On 10/23/2017 at 11:22 PM, GreenLight said:

What planets have you made it to yet? i have made it to the mun, mimus, and duna

So do me. But those were only manned missions... I have been to Moho, Eve, Gilly, Mun Minmus, Duna, Ike, Jool, Laythe Vall Tylo, Bop, Pol, (Legitimately)

• 1 month later...

I just MapSat‘ed Dres, the solarpanels from NearFutureSolar have 50ec/sec.

Dut in Dres Orbit there was only 7ec/sec produced, i need to change to fuelcells or Nuclear Batterys to have enough power when i go to laythe and make the first images of Sarnus in orbit arround Sarnus.

Now i know why there are so big Solarpanels in this Solarpanel Mod :D

I went into Duna orbit before using TAC life-support. I didn't land but I orbited both Duna and Ike, as well as dipping into the upper atmosphere. In fact, the transfer vehicle I used was fully reusable as well. It was in a science mode save, so it took some effort to get there. 

Happy Explosions!

Pre-KSS install:

Permanent Munbase

Orbital Minmus Station

Crewed Duna Landings

Manned Eve Flyby

Colonized Laythe

---

Post-KSS Install

Surveyed Nova Kirbani System

Munbase created A.R.K. Genesis (Artificial Rectifiable Kolonizer).

Fuelled Genesis in LKO

Put ~40 Kerbonauts in ARK

En route to colonize Taythe, then later Sulph, Blalo and Alar, before its final mission to Narath.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.