1.2.1 upgrade problems with wheels and radiators

OBSOLETE -- PLEASE SKIP (OR MODERATOR DELETE)

Sorry if this is stale and covered long ago.  I took a break from KSP last September just as 1.2 came out.  It took a while to upgrade mods etc but I am fionally back and trying to sort out compatibility problems.

I had to upgrade my mining rig from 10 small radiators to 22 to get it to operate sustainably (although an advantage is that I can now operate all 3 excavators simultaneously without overheating).

Now I notice that my fuel truck will no longer steer reliably.  All of the docking ports are vertically oriented and motor and steering directions were all, once set, consistent.  Now, I find that steering direction seems to depend on the terrain and going over a rise can cause everything to discombobulate.  Rather than debug or analyze this change, can someone point me to a HowTo for rovers oriented toward how to control and steer them in a set-and-forget manner?

(It's also worth mentioning that fuel pipes I had previously connected from tank to *engine* no longer function reliably.  I'd love to get more information on any changes that may have impacted that.)

UPDATE:

Apologies: I mounted an Okto on a forward-facing surface, and it's all fine regardless of terrain, including it now gives me an accurate compass heading.  Sorry for shooting too quick.

Edited by Hotel26
solution found

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.