lift and cfg editing

I am trying to make a model of a Boeing 747, but the  "fat 455 aeroplane main win" is too small for what I want. I found a forum that told me how to resize it, and i did, but the problem is that it still has the same amount of lift, and I have not been able to find ANY article of the forum even remotely talking about how to add lift to an object. please help me out.

Welcome to the forums first of all!

I'd imagine editing the lift value would have to do with this module in the part.cfg file.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLiftingSurface
        useInternalDragModel = True
        deflectionLiftCoeff = 1.13
        dragAtMaxAoA = 0.3
        dragAtMinAoA = 0.0
    }

Every lifting surface includes this module in it's config file, I'm going to guess "deflectionLiftCoeff" is the number you want to play with, not 100% sure though.

This is taken from quite an old post, so sorry if the quote breaks anything or inconveniences anyone :P 

On 26 July 2011 at 7:50 PM, HarvesteR said:

Winglets do add deflection lift force. It's a force perpendicular to the velocity direction, that is affected by the angle of attack of the winglet.

This lift force is applied to the center of mass of the winglet. The liftCoeff parameter determines how much force will actually be applied. The model itself has almost no influence over the winglet dynamics, except for the position of the center of mass.

The winglet's angle of attack will also influence how much drag is produced. The lifting force will also start to decline as the winglet enters a stall AoA.

This is technically about winglets, but I think the same thing applies.

So long story short yes: fiddle with the liftCoeff or lift coefficient until you're happy. Also module size has "almost no effect" so don't worry about it and have them the size your happy with.

Remember module manager for safe fiddling and meddling!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.