KSPooky Haiku Challenge

Darth Badie

rD-2_mGVGX5aXahOEP2e1GJs55rpfkohqEbNthus

Jool is in his view
the good ol'Jebediah, 
he is out of fuel

As part of the mexican celebration of the “Day of the Dead” (Día de Muertos), we have the tradition to write literary compositions called “Calaveritas”, which are made in a picaresque and humorous way through verses and rhymes. They are usually small poems similar to Haikus about people we care about and we’ve lost (In Mexico we celebrate the lives of our dead instead of mourning them). 

So in order to celebrate this year’s Halloween and Dia de Muertos, we thought we could share this tradition to the KSP community, but with a Kerbal twist.

Using the Hashtag #KSPooky and mentioning our Twitter Account - @KerbalSpaceP, share your Kerbal-themed Haikus with the rest of the community! You can write as many as you want and you can attach a Halloween image of  the game to them if you feel like it.

In case you need a reminder, Haikus are usually written in a three-line format with 17 syllables arranged in a 5–7–5 pattern. The only requirement is that the Haikus are Kerbal-themed and, of course, free of obscenity - extra points if they are spooky or have a halloween-esque feel to them. 

In case you have Twitter  we’ll retweet all the Haikus we receive, compile and publish them in a blog entry that we’ll share throughout all our channels, so that everyone can read your creations. 

You can also write bigger compositions and share them in this thread if you feel like it. Forum users who participate will get a Spooky Badge as a bonus, just echo your haikus here, so we know you are a forum user.

Let’s have fun, share and enjoy the KSP Haiku Challenge!

#KSPooky

The Kraken lies there,
For bold Bob to examine.
A blink... then his end!

ZZhcDTq.jpg

Eerie Minmus' mists.
Knock! Knock! Who's there? Beware!
Only void awaits...

fv1eICf.jpg?1

PS: I don't have a Twitter account.

Edited by Sheppard

Haikus don't have to rhyme, but I set myself the challenge to make it rhyme as well. I came up with these two. I won't Twitter this. I just post because I like the idea.

Glorious persuits

Medals await the space suits

Forgot parachutes

Lander is on Bop

Brave Kerbal jumped off the top

No more monoprop

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.