KSPooky Haiku Challenge

Darth Badie

Thanks for the reply. English haiku are poetic and very wonderful, and everyone's haiku are very humorous.

Meanwhile - Ah, I do not know if it is reasonable to explain Japanese haiku at this place -, in Japan, Haiku is a lyric poem and an epic poem created after extremely reducing words and letters. However, English haiku has a charm different from Japanese haiku. That is a wonderful thing, the difference between language and culture is creating new things. Also, in Japan, there are modern haiku which does not stick to the number of characters called "自由律 : Jiyu-ritsu" (free rhythm).

well, I will try it with poetry of a person who is good at haiku.

https://twitter.com/TORAFUGU_BD/status/923617514981953536

Trafugu-san (トラフグさん) is good at haiku and has won a prize at a certain competition.

Direct translation : A green man who returned home safely alone

単独で - alone

帰還を果たす - returned home safely

緑かな - a green man

I do not know if it make sense in English, I tried to write with Japanese rhyme and rhythm below.

Re-entry
Return safely
EVA

There are haiku that he wrote in English so I will introduce it below. I like them.

https://twitter.com/TORAFUGU_BD/status/923627070906818560

Huge rocket

Mainsail is

sub engine

https://twitter.com/TORAFUGU_BD/status/923643335641669633

There is no antenna !

KSC, What should I do !?

I forgot, I don't have an antenna.

Thank you all.

I liked the word order on the first haiku. Strictly speaking it doesn't make sense in English but that doesn't matter - it's part of its charm. As for the last one - I was unsure whether to laugh or sympathise with the pilot's predicament, so I guess that probably counts as black humour. :) 

Thank you for sharing!

Japanese television program was introducing Mexican "Día de Muertos". It was told that it will perform a lively parade before "Día de Muertos" in November.
Indeed it was gorgeous, people who made a skeleton masquerade marched along the street, and the rescue team who was active in the earthquake participated in it. I think that is noble. It was much more gorgeous than the Spirit Boat Procession (精霊流し Sho-ro-nagashi) which is held at night in my prefecture.

Apart from that.

ムン離脱 - Return from Mun
Zのつもりが - should have pressed the Z key
スペースキー - Space key

It may not make sense in English. Anyway, I'd like to tweet tomorrow with a picture.

36 minutes ago, EBOSHI said:

ムン離脱 - Return from Mun
Zのつもりが - should have pressed the Z key
スペースキー - Space key

It may not make sense in English

Don't worry, that makes perfect sense, and that's such a kerbal thing to do! I already did that once this morning!

No one minds if a translation doesn't fit the English Haiku pattern; that's to be expected. The sentiment comes through perfectly.

I don't have Twitter. But here are mine, made with the help of a friend.

Spook Bill was spooked
By the tentacled Kraken
It was really Jeb.

Val took off for Duna
Landed in ghost town instead
Val was zombie food.

Bob took off for Eve
He lost his head on the way 
Late Bob respawned.

Bob became a green ghost.
He haunted the VAB.

Ghoulish hit was he.

When the Mun came up. 
Jeb turned Werewolf.
Had bad mint ice cream.

:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.