Where do you live?

DrLicor

Which continent do you live in?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which continent do you live in?

I am from argentina. (And i am not afraid of talking politics. This world needs it. I hate policemen)

Also, reading about being American when really refering to USA gets me ill. I am american too bro. America is not just USA.

Edited by Agustin

I am from India. There are good and bad aspects of my country and some ugly sides as well. First and foremost is the caste system, which has led to this idiotic thing called 'reservation'... If someone is from a caste that is considered 'Backwards' he/she can get into government colleges and jobs way, way easier than those who belong to 'Unreserved' category.

Spoiler

I faced it as well.. I got 68 out of a 100 marks in an examination for B.S. graduates for admission into top colleges for their M.S. I could not make it into the top colleges....But one of my friends got 28 out of a 100. And got into the top engineering college in my country, because he was from a 'backward' caste!!!!! That's partially  the reason why Research and Development in my country has been stagnant for years! Researchers don't get in on the basis of merit, they get in because their great-great grandfather was hurt by a piece of mulch who happened to be from the unreserved caste.... :(

But even then, I would rather stay in my country, than move somewhere else. :D Because whatever the problems might be, there is no other place like The Motherland! And if I don't solve the problems in my country, then who will? :)

Also, am I the only Indian here? Odd....

Edited by Sorabh

7 hours ago, Sorabh said:

Also, am I the only Indian here? Odd....

Hello fellow asian :wink:

idk, some people from the "west" mistook us for you. (or mistook you for us ?)

8 hours ago, Sorabh said:

And if I don't solve the problems in my country, then who will? :)

I think that's a really good way to think about it. I hope more people in my country can adopt your attitude!

On 10/26/2017 at 9:23 AM, Geonovast said:

I'm in the US.  Never been out of the country, but would love the chance to travel, and would likely move to Europe if the opportunity was right.

If you ever get the chance, you need to run as fast as you can. Like your life depended on it. If someone asked me what was the best time of your life, it would be from something I did in Germany.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.