Where do you live?

DrLicor

Which continent do you live in?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which continent do you live in?

As the title says, where do you come from, do you like it there, would you like to live in another continent/country? 
For me, I live in the Netherlands, located in Western-Europe:

Spoiler

netherlands-location-on-the-europe-map.j

I'm glad I live there, you're socially quite secured, although you pay a lot of taxes, the taxes make the country very well organized. 
With the right motivation, you can become whatever you like. As far as I know, there's no such thing as a Caste under the native people, which is seen most in Asia I believe.
There are some parts of the country I do like to avoid, like the capital, it's fun to be there, but to much tourism in my opinion. That opinion is quitte common by my fellow countryside men. :)  

Also a nice tool to compare your country with another: https://www.ifitweremyhome.com/

If you are under 18, do not give out any specific information about your location or identity. 

Last but not least: keep it civil, don't accuse other countries from things, don't insult others and their countries. :) 

Edited by DrLicor

Western Europe, The Netherlands. I live in a townish Area, i do like Amsterdam however, not too massive, and not too much people, its not alot like London or Paris, you wont drown in the people. Its very gezellig. My hometown is sort of messy, but the neighbourhood i live in is easy to navigate to. I also like the small villages and the people who live kn the countryside. I like everyone here!

@NSEP, yep it's indeed very gezellig, to be there a few times a year, everything is so much focussed on tourism, weed and liquided people. :) If you go to Utrecht for instance, you got the same cosiness, same buildingstyle, with the canals etc. But with a much more dutch sence haha

34 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

@NSEP, yep it's indeed very gezellig, to be there a few times a year, everything is so much focussed on tourism, weed and liquided people. :) If you go to Utrecht for instance, you got the same cosiness, same buildingstyle, with the canals etc. But with a much more dutch sence haha

Alkmaar, and Haarlem are also quite Amsterdamish!

I also like Eindhoven, its very unique and modern there actually. And Valkenburg is also really nice, i live in the North West, so going to the South East is quite an alien experience.

12 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I'm in the US.  Never been out of the country, but would love the chance to travel, and would likely move to Europe if the opportunity was right.

Staying in the same area can be sad sometimes, i never left western Europe, quite a small region actually.

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

Staying in the same area can be sad sometimes, i never left western Europe, quite a small region actually.

Yep, but Europe is quite diverse and dence, at least the western. So traveling 1000km in Europe, feels the same as 20000km in the US I think.

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

Luckily the US is pretty big.  I grew up in Wisconsin, but now live in Missouri.  It's a little shy of a 1,000km drive to go visit home.  So I'm in the same country, but society here is definitely different from where I was born.  For example, they don't worship cheese here.  It's weird.

2 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Yep, but Europe is quite diverse and dence, at least the western. So traveling 1000km in Europe, feels the same as 20000km in the US I think.

Yes, definitely! As an American that was in Europe for a couple years, I absolutely agree. Over here, if someone was to drive from... let's say Kentucky down here to Florida, they wouldn't see much difference, other than it's hotter and muggier. But in Europe, you drive from somewhere like Germany to Italy... which is more or less about the same distance as Kentucky to Florida, and you're in a completely different country, with different languages and cultures. Over there you don't have to go too far (compared to the US) to see some dramatic, and quite interesting, changes. :)

17 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

For example, they don't worship cheese here.  It's weird.

Wow, thats really alien actually.

20 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Luckily the US is pretty big.  I grew up in Wisconsin, but now live in Missouri.  It's a little shy of a 1,000km drive to go visit home.  So I'm in the same country, but society here is definitely different from where I was born.  For example, they don't worship cheese here.  It's weird.

The furthest i have moved from home is 2km! Wow.

Born and lived in New Jersey  (United States) for pretty much my entire life. Not to say that I haven't traveled (which is part of a consequence of having international background), but I've lived pretty locally no major changes.

South Central Indiana- pretty boring here most of the time. Of course, the Indy 500 is only about 45mins away and there is a lot of sports here. There is also a LOT of corn. :)

Someone clicked Antarctica...Im guessing they have a lot of time to play KSP on their hands. :)

OH,and I dont know where else I would like to live but the Arctic and Antarctica isnt it.lol

Edited by Kevin Kyle

40 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

South Central Indiana- pretty boring here most of the time. Of course, the Indy 500 is only about 45mins away and there is a lot of sports here. There is also a LOT of corn. :)

Someone clicked Antarctica...Im guessing they have a lot of time to play KSP on their hands. :)

OH,and I dont know where else I would like to live but the Arctic and Antarctica isnt it.lol

Moscow can be seen as Antarctica I think

Reminder from the moderation team: 

If you are under 18, do not give out any specific information about your location or identity. 

Yes, it sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how often we moderators have to snip this kind of information out of posts. :/ 

you're right, I'll mention it in the OP rright away :)

5 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Reminder from the moderation team: 

Yes, it sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how often we moderators have to snip this kind of information out of posts. :/ 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.