Where do you live?

DrLicor

Which continent do you live in?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which continent do you live in?

2 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

I'm currently in upstate NY, i.e. the part of New York that everyone who doesn't live in NY forgets is there most of the time. I fully intend to move to another part of the US once I can, however.

Oh? I was born and raised near Binghamton.

United States, right there <-

I've lived up and down the left coast most of my life (California and Oregon) but I settled in Oregon pretty much for good when I was about 14. Exceptions were that I was born in North Dakota and lived in Guam for a few years (one of my sisters was born during a typhoon, I remember the night pretty well, considering). Oregon suits me fine, it's gorgeous, varied terrain and ecologically diverse. Every time we take a trip within these borders it's something new.

I'm a United Statesian, born and raised closer to Vancouver, BC (beautiful city) than Seattle, WA (also a beautiful city). When life happened, I moved to Ohio for a temporary spell that has somehow stretched out to over half of my current lifespan.

Edited by 5thHorseman

I live on an outcrop halfway between the biggest landmass on Earth and the island that refuses to be an island and prefers to be a continent.

It's a place you either knows well or you don't know at all. Most likely the latter though, apparently I don't even properly know it.

Edited by YNM

40 minutes ago, cubinator said:

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

Oh look, I can see your house!

I was born and live in fly over 'Merica, right down the street from @Kevin Kyle, Shhh don't tell him. Never traveled. I'm learning from forums that most people are pretty much just people. We do somethings differently but when we accept each other anyway, and keep politics out of it, the world is pretty small.  

4 hours ago, YNM said:

I live on an outcrop halfway between the biggest landmass on Earth and the island that refuses to be an island and prefers to be a continent.

It's a place you either knows well or you don't know at all. Most likely the latter though, apparently I don't even properly know it.

Indonesia? I have family there. Mother was originally from Java (not sure which part....)

47 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Indonesia? I have family there. Mother was originally from Java (not sure which part....)

Oh, wow. Hello, I guess !

6 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

I am from the Island that prefers to be a continent.

Hello neighbors !

I used to live in the most beautiful city imaginable. (Vancouver, Canada).

Image result for vancouver

Image result for vancouver skyline

Very beautiful, and also one of the few places in Canada where the winter is mild. But also very beautiful, and clean, and nice and friendly and...

Unfortunately, I am currently in Finland:

Image result for oulu winter

For some reason, the 'Canadian Stereotypes' map labels Vancouverites as 'snobs'

cOuGh CoUgH cOUGH

/s

Edited by Earthlinger

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

I used to live in the most beautiful city imaginable. (Vancouver, Canada).

[picture snip]

[picture snip]

Very beautiful, and also one of the few places in Canada where the winter is mild. But also very beautiful, and clean, and nice and friendly and...

Unfortunately, I am currently in Finland:

[picture snip]

For some reason, the 'Canadian Stereotypes' map labels Vancouverites as 'snobs'

Wonder where that came from...

Nicee, since I'm my interests is in architecture, Vancouver is on the bucketlist now. :) 
From Canada to Finland must have been a big change I assume? The Canadian sorry vs the shy Finland. :) (warning more stereotype)

4 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

From Canada to Finland must have been a big change I assume? The Canadian sorry vs the shy Finland. :) (warning more stereotype)

Not much :D   I actually found Swedish people to be more introverted lol

I did live in Belgium for some time, and that was a cultural shock. Living in Brussels right after Vancouver....

Eurgh.

2 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Not much :D   I actually found Swedish people to be more introverted lol

I did live in Belgium for some time, and that was a cultural shock. Living in Brussels right after Vancouver....

Eurgh.

Hahaha, Belgium is fun indeed, best beers of Europe in my opinion. It's even more fun when you're from the Netherlands, the language in Belgium origins from the Netherlands, but is has that funny ascent (no offence), it's like talking to a child and some word are just very funny compared to our dutch. :)  
While  the Belgium population thinks that we dutchman are very harsh and direct when we speak. 

I think this is a good moment to end these discussion and go back on topic. :):)  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the title says, where do you come from, do you like it there, would you like to live in another continent/country? 

Just now, Jeb1969 said:

I originally lived in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio but today I am a resident of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and let me be the first to say Eastern Iowa ain't like Northeast Ohio.

Having never had the pleasure to visit either of these locations and so have no idea what either is 'like' perhaps you could enlighten me regarding the differences between the two and perhaps why one may consider that one would be like the other ?

Also, you guys is having it clear.

Now I ask you, does my archipelago counts to be in Asia or Oceania/Australia ?

indo-MMAP-md.png

Should my country be considered like Turkey, so it's half Asia half Australia / Oceania ?

I deserve double vote then on the poll ?

1 hour ago, Daveroski said:

Having never had the pleasure to visit either of these locations and so have no idea what either is 'like' perhaps you could enlighten me regarding the differences between the two and perhaps why one may consider that one would be like the other ?

One having half a lake and the other doesn't ?

Edited by YNM
clarified

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.