[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

If anyone wants, I made a MM patch to add GiganRider, a.k.a. DragonRider, a.k.a. The original version of Crew Dragon:

+PART[TE_19_C-Dragon_Pod]
{
    @name = Giganrider
    @title = Giganrider
    @mass = 0.878
    %CrewCapacity = 4
    @MODULE[ModuleCommand]
    {
        @minimumCrew = 1 
    }
    INTERNAL
	{
		name = TE_18_DRAGON_V2_IVA
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 180
		maxAmount = 180
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 220
		maxAmount = 220
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = MonoPropellant
		amount = 120
		maxAmount = 120
	}
}

11 hours ago, tmccreight651 said:

Damn those TE's are beautiful! will we be getting a crew access arm for Rodan and Gojira?

@AlphaMensae has the Modular Launch Pad mod where you are able to make the 39A tower with arm. There’s a node on the 39A erector where you can build one

On 6/12/2019 at 4:26 AM, damonvv said:

@AlphaMensae has the Modular Launch Pad mod where you are able to make the 39A tower with arm. There’s a node on the 39A erector where you can build one

I will add that while I do have a SpaceX-style variant for the General Crew Arm in v2 of Modular Launch Pads, it is not an exact replica of the actual Crew Dragon arm. It uses the default general crew arm's structure, which has adjustable lengths in 2.5m increments, so the shape and size aren't the same, and there are no dark glass windows, just open spaces.

Due to change of plans for Elons next Starship presentation I will release TE 1.5 early with Falcon 9 v1.0 and LADEE (pics soon).

Expecting to update somewhere this week!

Edited by damonvv

4 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

Tech is in the same download, and I put both in. I have some of the parts, the New Horizons, the French one and Philae. Just not Iridium next.

Then you somehow have done something wrong because there’s no philae in the current release.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:17 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

If anyone wants, I made a MM patch to add GiganRider, a.k.a. DragonRider, a.k.a. The original version of Crew Dragon:

+PART[TE_19_C-Dragon_Pod]
{
    @name = Giganrider
    @title = Giganrider
    @mass = 0.878
    %CrewCapacity = 4
    @MODULE[ModuleCommand]
    {
        @minimumCrew = 1 
    }
    INTERNAL
	{
		name = TE_18_DRAGON_V2_IVA
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 180
		maxAmount = 180
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 220
		maxAmount = 220
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = MonoPropellant
		amount = 120
		maxAmount = 120
	}
}

Is it possible to ass this as a new part instead of replacing the existing pod? Or is that exactly what this does?

thanks.

10 minutes ago, spritefun said:

Is it possible to ass this as a new part instead of replacing the existing pod? Or is that exactly what this does?

thanks.

I'm pretty sure @Barzon Kerman's patch just clones the Gigan pod and gives it crew capacity. I've got a good enough understanding of MM syntax that I can tell that it's not replacing the Rodan pod - +PART means 'create a new part'.

3 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Has work begun on LADEE yet?

Yes. But sadly due to my upcoming holiday I can’t finish it. I will, however, update TE this week to include some changes and add the Falcon 9 1.0 version. LADEE will come right after I am back!

2 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Yes. But sadly due to my upcoming holiday I can’t finish it. I will, however, update TE this week to include some changes and add the Falcon 9 1.0 version. LADEE will come right after I am back!

You work so hard, you deserve that holiday, man!

Edited by hieywiey

On 6/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, damonvv said:

Not yet. Will be soon!

More than happy to help test the configs when its ready for playtesting! I stream RSS/RO/RP1 on the developmental 1.6.1 build (almost ready it seems!) and can dedicate a stream or some portion of one so you can see the testing done in action. Do I remember correctly that there are plans for the 2019 Starship with liquid metal surface, cargo chomper door, etc to be added to this mod?