[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

I'm playing in 1.7.3 with the Realism Overhaul pack installed and the Super Heavy Booster is not compatible with Real Fuels. The Engine won't ignite even with a normal tank with the right fuel and the super heavy tank can't hold fuel. Is there something I can do to fix that? And will zhis mod compatible with RO in the future?

10 hours ago, masterchief_draws said:

I'm playing in 1.7.3 with the Realism Overhaul pack installed and the Super Heavy Booster is not compatible with Real Fuels. The Engine won't ignite even with a normal tank with the right fuel and the super heavy tank can't hold fuel. Is there something I can do to fix that? And will zhis mod compatible with RO in the future?

When RO switches to 1.8.1 it will be supported. For the fuel issue I have no idea. I bet @JadeOfMaar or @Nessus_ Knows more about that.

Hi, does the RO patch also allow this mod to work with RSS on KSP 1.7.3? 

EDIT: I tried it out real quick. It seems to work fine but I'm not sure if the values are proper for RSS. Would still like to know if the RO patch is compatible with it.

However the craft files are completely messed up, and some attachment nodes are out of place. I have to manually rebuild the rocket and move parts that are attached incorrectly. 

Edited by Miza

There is no RO patch for Tundra. It's better you learn to make them because other RO users have asked...and those configs.....still don't exist.

22 hours ago, masterchief_draws said:

Thanks for spotting. The Super Heavy tank was missing its RF entries-- fixed now on GitHub.

MM patching is arguably the easiest form of KSP modding and many mod makers start out this way. So I'd recommend you learn to write MM patches, and eventually, write RO patches yourself. Truthfully speaking, I have the impression that nobody who plays RO can write for it.

2 hours ago, Miza said:

Hi, does the RO patch also allow this mod to work with RSS on KSP 1.7.3? 

Hi there. There is no RO patch for Tundra. I could write them...but RO is far out of my scope as a player. So, as I'll tell anyone who asks, it's better you learn to create these configs because months have passed, and months will pass, and others come asking for them, and nobody has come saying "Hey. I made RO configs for this. Try'em out."

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hi there. There is no RO patch for Tundra. I could write them...but RO is far out of my scope as a player. So, as I'll tell anyone who asks, it's better you learn to create these configs because months have passed, and months will pass, and others come asking for them, and nobody has come saying "Hey. I made RO configs for this. Try'em out."

Literally the third post on this topic has RO configs.

I know this mod is supposed to be (re)stockalike, but how come the solar panel on the Dragon V2 trunk is blue and not black? I think it’d look a lot cooler with a black curved panel.

Edit: I just noticed that the trunk doesn’t decouple on stage.

Edited by alberro+

3 hours ago, alberro+ said:

but how come the solar panel on the Dragon V2 trunk is blue and not black?

In my reasoning, its form is very unique (curved, built into the hull, not blue) so it could be hard for players who are not close followers of SpaceX to notice, and they may add solar panels over it, possibly blocking it. It's blue in order to make itself obvious, as nearly all solar panels in KSP are blue. It's a major design convention.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

In my reasoning, its form is very unique (curved, built into the hull, not blue) so it could be hard for players who are not close followers of SpaceX to notice, and they may add solar panels over it, possibly blocking it. It's blue in order to make itself obvious, as nearly all solar panels in KSP are blue. It's a major design convention.

That sounds reasonable, but why not just put a switchable function in the trunk?

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

To Switch between blue and black panels? Definitely doable with stock modules 

I meant that your module for the animated decoupler doesn't have a build in decouple stage icon.

5 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I meant that your module for the animated decoupler doesn't have a build in decouple stage icon.

That’s a function of the part config. 

add 

stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_VERT

to the config for the part (not in the module itself, just the PART node

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

add 

Oh!! Perfect!

20 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

add 

Wait wait, where am I supposed to go? I’ve never edited parts so I really have no clue what I’m looking for.

Edit:So I add stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_VERT to what file? Is it TE_18_DRAGONV2_TRUNK? And where ando I put it?

Edited by alberro+

24 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Wait wait, where am I supposed to go? I’ve never edited parts so I really have no clue what I’m looking for.

Edit:So I add stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_VERT to what file? Is it TE_18_DRAGONV2_TRUNK? And where ando I put it?

Relax, fix is coming to github right now!