[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

13 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Yep, I've converted what was the Alternate 2 style of my new Large General Crew Arm into the new Rodan Crew Arm, to be used with the Shuttle FSS Tower in the black&white color option:

HPv1WRT.png

It's called the "Rodan" Crew Arm since it's not an exact replica of the actual SpaceX Crew Dragon arm, so I didn't name it after that. :D 

Oh, that one! I've been using that one, but I thought there'd be a replica :D. Also, there's a SpaceX tower variant?? I've been using the grey shuttle stack with grey panels and white bars on the sides..

15 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Yep, I've converted what was the Alternate 2 style of my new Large General Crew Arm into the new Rodan Crew Arm, to be used with the Shuttle FSS Tower in the black&white color option:

HPv1WRT.png

It's called the "Rodan" Crew Arm since it's not an exact replica of the actual SpaceX Crew Dragon arm, so I didn't name it after that. :D 

How did you make that tower? Is it made from a bunch of parts, or is it just one big tower?

2 hours ago, alberro+ said:

How did you make that tower? Is it made from a bunch of parts, or is it just one big tower?

It's separate modular Parts, and it's also the v2.1 version; both the Saturn and Shuttle towers were split back into separate tower sections, though the tower core section has multiple height variants. The shuttle FSS tower sections also got optional SpaceX-style mesh panels and the black&white color option. The RSS hinge was also split into a separate part, with the detail discs now toggleable, to provide the current appearance.

31 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

It's separate modular Parts, and it's also the v2.1 version; both the Saturn and Shuttle towers were split back into separate tower sections, though the tower core section has multiple height variants. The shuttle FSS tower sections also got optional SpaceX-style mesh panels and the black&white color option. The RSS hinge was also split into a separate part, with the detail discs now toggleable, to provide the current appearance.

I downloaded 2.1 from the github link on the MLP page, but I didn't see any new features on the Shuttle FSS, and all of the parts were missing from the parts menu. Perhaps I did something wrong?

17 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

I downloaded 2.1 from the github link on the MLP page, but I didn't see any new features on the Shuttle FSS, and all of the parts were missing from the parts menu. Perhaps I did something wrong?

You have to download the Alphadev one i.e. the beta version

Here it is: https://github.com/AlphaMensae/Modular-Launch-Pads/tree/AlphaDe

Just click clone or download

After that click download zip

Edited by VoidCosmos

2 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

Does it work?

It sure does! I just finished fixing all of my old launchpad that got screwed up, but apart from that, everything looks up-to-date and great!

Spoiler

props to the spacex tower, looks extremely nice:D

2 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

It sure does! I just finished fixing all of my old launchpad that got screwed up, but apart from that, everything looks up-to-date and great!

Hide contents

Great! Enjoy! Only remember one thing 

Spoiler

Fly..................... Safe!

Edited by VoidCosmos

6 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Reveal hidden contents

You mostly like did, but delete the old (v2.0.x) ModularLaunchPads folder before putting in the v2.1 dev version. Many of the .cfg file names have changed for existing and modified parts, and the result would be two .cfg files for the same part, with only one being loaded.

All the previous merged multiple size variants (for the launch bases, towers and suxh) have been split off into separate parts, but one of the new sizes has retained the old part name, so craft files will still load, but as you have seen, they will look weird. :D 

11 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

Is it just me or are other people getting this

whenever I download, I am unable to extract the zip file.

I downloaded from spacedock and I run MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

Hmm I’m not sure. It’s not a rar file so I’m not sure why it is not working 

I dunno if Tundra Tech has its own thread, but i'll make a suggestion here. Could something like the Starlink satellite design be implemented into it?

It'd complement the Iridium constellation really nicely! :D

Spoiler

perhaps even reflective/non reflective variants?

Edited by alberro+

2 hours ago, alberro+ said:

I dunno if Tundra Tech has its own thread, but i'll make a suggestion here. Could something like the Starlink satellite design be implemented into it?

It'd complement the Iridium constellation really nicely! :D

Hide contents

perhaps even reflective/non reflective variants?

I haven’t considered making Starlink as not a single pc can handle such amount of sats. And yeah my plans were to make Tundra Tech separate mod but I dropped the idea later.

I absolutely love you're mod! I've been playing with starship mk4 for the last few days and i'm having so much fun doing large cargo missions to the mun and Duna so far!

can i ask is there a way to do starship to starship docking/refueling?

The crew has the docking hatch, but the docking port is recessed slightly so 2 could not dock? And there's no visible docking port on the cargo version.

Looking in the command groups, when the starship lower shroud is selected there are "decouple node" and "undock node" actions for it, have i just missed something? if so i'm sorry! lol

Was curious if the cargo/crew can dock end to end like we've seen in spacex animations in the past? For now i've put docking ports and refueling ports on the topside of starship that see's little to no heat during re-entry.

Again, thank you for all you're hard work on this mod, it's absolutely incredible!!!

9 hours ago, autistic and ashamed said:

I think so. There's a couple pairs of pipes at the bottom, I've heard they connect if you align them right.

I shall have a try, there is a "control from here" on the bottom section, but mechjeb auto docking wants you to select a docking port. I shall try a manual docking, just a tad trick not having a target dock to target to help alignment lol 
i'll give it a go today :)