[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

44 minutes ago, Dub-Sidious said:

I shall have a try, there is a "control from here" on the bottom section, but mechjeb auto docking wants you to select a docking port. I shall try a manual docking, just a tad trick not having a target dock to target to help alignment lol 
i'll give it a go today :) 

Make sure to have them rotated 180 from each other as it was shown in the animation.

The end to end docking does indeed work! Incredible!

had to give them a little wiggle, as the target indicators didnt line up exactly, but was only minor.

With some playing with the different parts "control from here" i'll get the hang. Love this mod even more now!

Only suggestion is that on the Cargo variant, the "docking" control point i think is set to docking with a regular docking port on the Crewed variant.

Since the cargo variant has no regular docking port, would be cool to see this reverse your normal orientation.

Small gripes, this has become my most used mod! Currently building a fuel station on Duna with Cargo mk4 starships. So glad i found this mod! I've been using kk launchers pack for the most realistic falcon 9, but there was no starship

Starship is now my most used launcher :P So fun to do the bellyflop manoeuvre! 

7 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

How's the Dragon 2 IVA coming along? Will it have interactable screens or something like that?

Also, what else will be coming in the next update? Are we getting new Starship RO patches? 

Check out the roadmap: https://trello.com/b/kIaopWmm/tundra-exploration-roatmap

And I found this:

interior_3.png

Edited by VoidCosmos

18 minutes ago, felipeg1919 said:

Hi, can anyone help me Im playing k.s.p 1.8.0 and when i load the gojira mk4 it looks black instead of metal siny. I have installed the textures may times but the problem is still present. Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem? thx

Do you have texture unlimited downloaded?

On 4/12/2020 at 2:35 AM, VoidCosmos said:

I.e rescaling the parts right?

Yes. I already have tweakscale, but a lot of parts can't be rescaled and things like crew capacity don't go up. I know the RO config makes the parts full scale by default and increases the crew capacity of the rodan but not being able to use LFO/monopropellant screws it up.

10 hours ago, autistic and ashamed said:

Yes. I already have tweakscale, but a lot of parts can't be rescaled and things like crew capacity don't go up. I know the RO config makes the parts full scale by default and increases the crew capacity of the rodan but not being able to use LFO/monopropellant screws it up.

I'll try to make a patch for that if you like

On 4/14/2020 at 8:25 AM, VoidCosmos said:

I'll try to make a patch for that if you like

I was literally wanting to ask about this, but after my docking question i didnt want to seem pushy :P 
Full scale dragon + trunk comes out quite heavy using tweakscale (3.75m seems around the right size?).

I'd be interested in this patch! :) 

1 hour ago, Dub-Sidious said:

I was literally wanting to ask about this, but after my docking question i didnt want to seem pushy :P 
Full scale dragon + trunk comes out quite heavy using tweakscale (3.75m seems around the right size?).

I'd be interested in this patch! :) 

Since Dragon(s) is the same diameter as Falcon 9, it'd be 3.7 meters wide.