[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

5 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

You need to change the control point (? I don’t remember what it’s called) then it should work fine. Also the Black should be a result of your TU settings, bump them all the way up.

When I control from docking the yaw axix works fine but the pitch doesnt :/

13 hours ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

So i need to download Realism Overhaul?

Yes, it is made for Realism Overhaul. There is another patch out there that allows the RO parts to run on LFO but I've been having some problems with it, specifically the inability to throttle down and the fuel mixtures being incorrect. Here it is if you wanna try it, but you do have to make some changes to the way you use engines, and you have to decrease the amount of liquid fuel/oxidizer to get the most delta v out of your rocket:

https://github.com/VoidCosmo/Real-Scale4Tundra-Exploration/releases

On 4/29/2020 at 6:51 AM, autistic and ashamed said:

Yes, it is made for Realism Overhaul. There is another patch out there that allows the RO parts to run on LFO but I've been having some problems with it, specifically the inability to throttle down and the fuel mixtures being incorrect. Here it is if you wanna try it, but you do have to make some changes to the way you use engines, and you have to decrease the amount of liquid fuel/oxidizer to get the most delta v out of your rocket:

https://github.com/VoidCosmo/Real-Scale4Tundra-Exploration/releases

thx

5 hours ago, Insanity_BK said:

@damonvv Do you plan on adding Starlink to Tundra Tech? I think it will fit the SpaceX theme a lot! (ah well i just saw it in the Trello, whoops.)

60 satellites in one go might as well melt my laptop, I dunno if that would be a good idea.

Okay, everyones thinking it so i'll be the one to ask...

Starship moon lander? :P 

But in all seriousness, can't wait for you're take on it if you do one. I absolutely love you're mod, pretty much only flown starship for the last 50+ launches i've done. 
You've re-created it amazingly. Amazes me everytime how well the bellyflop re-entry works. I can't imagine that was fun to trial and error :P kudos!

@damonvv Hey bro I'm a really big fan of this mod of yours, in fact I've asked some questions here in the past about F9 parts, etc.

And it's actually my first time flying the Starship Mk.4 (after ignoring it the whole time lmao) and I'm having a blast.

I followed your re-entry guide in the first post and I just want to ask, what's the optimal vertical speed in m/s to get it straight when it touches the ground?

I always tip, although the ship is intact, it's just less immersive to recover it laying on the ground lol.

Thanks, keep up the awesome work. ;):wub:

6 hours ago, noxeeternal said:

@damonvv Hey bro I'm a really big fan of this mod of yours, in fact I've asked some questions here in the past about F9 parts, etc.

And it's actually my first time flying the Starship Mk.4 (after ignoring it the whole time lmao) and I'm having a blast.

I followed your re-entry guide in the first post and I just want to ask, what's the optimal vertical speed in m/s to get it straight when it touches the ground?

I always tip, although the ship is intact, it's just less immersive to recover it laying on the ground lol.

Thanks, keep up the awesome work. ;):wub:

Via an action group you can level the legs with the ground. That way it shouldn’t tip over. Usually I just land as soft as I can due to no hydraulics.  

On 5/4/2020 at 4:20 PM, Dub-Sidious said:

Okay, everyones thinking it so i'll be the one to ask...

Starship moon lander? :P 

I have no intention to make it right now. For sure in the future when we have more info on it.

14 hours ago, damonvv said:

Via an action group you can level the legs with the ground. That way it shouldn’t tip over. Usually I just land as soft as I can due to no hydraulics.  

Yeah figures... Also found the leg extension option. Set it to 100 and legs are fully deployed. Still trying to practice hoverslam and it's a lot of fun.

Btw, wanna share this image of Starship docked into the International Space Station replica I made. 

jrM727X.png

On 2/8/2020 at 6:09 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

You're not missing a config. You have an active config. Rational Resources or CryoTanks Methalox are triggers for that config. Uninstall them or delete or disable TundraExploration/Patches/Extra_MethaloxEngine.cfg ...

@alberro+ I believe this is the fix, had the same issue before