[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

14 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

Bagorah on the beta version on GitHub has a launch TWR of 0.64. Here are some relevant images https://imgur.com/a/NGsU653.

I think the issue is that the resources are not defined for the tanks. Actually, this is a problem for all the tanks in the mod. Because the resources aren't defined, KSP is filling the tanks as much as it thinks can fit in them, which is more than intended.

As a side note, the MK3 Starship/Superheavy has had a <1 TWR on liftoff for a while now (before this issue cropped up).

It depends what mods you install. @JadeOfMaar balanced all the tanks nicely for 2.7x scaled ksp. So far everything works fine on my end.

@damonvv @FatherOfGold The CC tanks config (which is in use, as I can see) is giving Tundra's tanks 2.2x the expected amount of fuel.

I just fixed it and added life support switching to the mk3 and mk4 Starship pods. (idk why I didn't do the LS bit before)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Because of the unorthodox way that Dragon's thrusters fire for orbital manoeuvres, it would be nice to have the config file come with preset RCS actuation toggles. E.g., fore-by-throttle is on, aft facing thrusters are limited to not fire for rotation controls, etc based on how the real Dragon's RCS is configured. Given that this is the default configuration of the capsule, it would avoid the need for users to set that up on their own end every time, and/or avoid everyone trying to use the Super Dracos for engine burns in space.

Starship  and super heavy 2019 always blow up when entry atmosphere in RSS at 5-6km/s speed. Even when I disable air friction in game settings/

Have a problem with Falcon heavy in KSP 1.8.1.   Can`y load craft cause missing part probeCoreOcto.v2... It seems part renamed with updates of game...

Just now, Ciko said:

Starship  and super heavy 2019 always blow up when entry atmosphere in RSS at 5-6km/s speed. Even when I disable air friction in game settings/

Have a problem with Falcon heavy in KSP 1.8.1.   Can`y load craft cause missing part probeCoreOcto.v2... It seems part renamed with updates of game...

Just build the craft yourself.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, alberro+ said:

Just a slight question, didn't TE have a 2017 BFR? I'm assuming it was removed in some update. Would be cool to have it back.

It did, yes. It wouldn't be cool to Damon and me, though...because then we'd have to support it. :sticktongue:

@damonvv I have a problem with the “toggle soot” options in the Ghidorah9 interstage and the Ghidorah Heavy booster nose cones.

On the interstage (Block 4 variant) once soot is turned on it can’t be removed, and the soot doesn’t work at all in the GH nosecones.

1 hour ago, Emilius73 said:

@damonvv I have a problem with the “toggle soot” options in the Ghidorah9 interstage and the Ghidorah Heavy booster nose cones.

On the interstage (Block 4 variant) once soot is turned on it can’t be removed, and the soot doesn’t work at all in the GH nosecones.

I have fixed the nosecone issue. I didn't knew the interstage would be stuck. Will look into it!

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

I have fixed the nosecone issue. I didn't knew the interstage would be stuck. Will look into it!

Thanks! The interstage seems to be fixed in the dev version FYI.

EDIT: Nope, interstage is still broken :(

Edited by Emilius73

I play 1.8.1 with TE 2.0 with RSS and RO

First all ships explodes in atmosphere reentry. I solve this problem by add to all part Ablator module.

Next problem it seems Starship 2019 (don`t test other parts) don`t have correct center of mass. At same point starship become uncontrollable and start crazy spins...

Edited by Ciko

6 hours ago, Ciko said:

I play 1.8.1 with TE 2.0 with RSS and RO

First all ships explodes in atmosphere reentry. I solve this problem by add to all part Ablator module.

Next problem it seems Starship 2019 (don`t test other parts) don`t have correct center of mass. At same point starship become uncontrollable and star crazy spins...

TE 2.0 is not really compatible with RSS yet

On 8/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, damonvv said:

TE 2.0 is not really compatible with RSS yet

Your mod is the best SpaceX mod in KSP. Thank you. I have a Q-n

I try to make lunar starship in white color - but cant choose color -there is no menu for texture unlimited GUI...

Also I use tweak scale and alltweak mod - but sadly - cant resize Falcon 9 tanks.. Can you add support cfg for this ?

Edited by Ciko

Okay, here's a cool suggestion:

Why not add different levels of soot to the G9 boosters? That way you can see how many times a booster has been reused and show some level of progression for someone using them, like this image shows (found this on Twitter)

I don't know if you'll see this, but I'd love to have a feature like this.

EfJCX01WsAMSuku.png?width=1113&height=70

@damonvv pls

Edited by Emilius73

1 hour ago, Emilius73 said:

Okay, here's a cool suggestion:

Why not add different levels of soot to the G9 boosters? That way you can see how many times a booster has been reused and show some level of progression for someone using them, like this image shows (found this on Twitter)

I don't know if you'll see this, but I'd love to have a feature like this.

EfJCX01WsAMSuku.png?width=1113&height=70

Would love to see this!

Hi All,

I've started a new game recently and have downloaded the latest Tundra 1.10 and a bunch of other mods. But now Im getting this weird problem with the texture of the Ghidorah 9 Tank. Any clue how to fix? Pictured here next to the very nominal textured Beghora tank...

Cheers in advance

tWsHrkI.png

4 hours ago, MickFreaky said:

Hi All,

I've started a new game recently and have downloaded the latest Tundra 1.10 and a bunch of other mods. But now Im getting this weird problem with the texture of the Ghidorah 9 Tank. Any clue how to fix? Pictured here next to the very nominal textured Beghora tank...

Cheers in advance

tWsHrkI.png

There is a fix on the spacedock page, just scroll down and go to changelog. Download the latest version there, should be no problems.

3 hours ago, Sam972 said:

Hi! I have an issue with the mod: The only parts that shows up are the Draco engines, the Dragon fuel tank and the Dragon heat shield. Here is my GameData folder (all the mods are updated):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zz6NqJT_WIXl3Qxcg1_kR65UzfAhHOwe/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the mod anyway, it really looks fantastic!

You put the whole mod inside the gamedata folder... For a lot of them! That's not how you install it. When you unzip the mod, open it and inside the gamedata folder are 2 folders, those need to be inside your KSP install Gamedata folder!