damonvv

[1.10.x] Tundra Exploration - v2.0 (July 4th) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, Dragon V2 and Starship!

Recommended Posts

On 7/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, alberro+ said:

Been having a pretty large issue with the Starship fins lately, even with maximizing the authority limiter, none of the fins actuate fully with pitch, yaw, or roll. Is there any way to fix this?

Make sure you set the command pod's control point to 'docking' while re-entering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Your game settings for shaders are not enabled. If you turn that one on you will see it!

Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bagorah on the beta version on GitHub has a launch TWR of 0.64. Here are some relevant images https://imgur.com/a/NGsU653.

 

I think the issue is that the resources are not defined for the tanks. Actually, this is a problem for all the tanks in the mod. Because the resources aren't defined, KSP is filling the tanks as much as it thinks can fit in them, which is more than intended.

 

 

As a side note, the MK3 Starship/Superheavy has had a <1 TWR on liftoff for a while now (before this issue cropped up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

Bagorah on the beta version on GitHub has a launch TWR of 0.64. Here are some relevant images https://imgur.com/a/NGsU653.

 

I think the issue is that the resources are not defined for the tanks. Actually, this is a problem for all the tanks in the mod. Because the resources aren't defined, KSP is filling the tanks as much as it thinks can fit in them, which is more than intended.

 

 

As a side note, the MK3 Starship/Superheavy has had a <1 TWR on liftoff for a while now (before this issue cropped up).

It depends what mods you install. @JadeOfMaar balanced all the tanks nicely for 2.7x scaled ksp. So far everything works fine on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@damonvv @FatherOfGold The CC tanks config (which is in use, as I can see) is giving Tundra's tanks 2.2x the expected amount of fuel.

I just fixed it and added life support switching to the mk3 and mk4 Starship pods. (idk why I didn't do the LS bit before)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a problem with Falcon heavy in KSP 1.8.1.   Can`y load craft cause missing part probeCoreOcto.v2... It seems ut renamed with updates of game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a slight question, didn't TE have a 2017 BFR? I'm assuming it was removed in some update. Would be cool to have it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can second that I'm having some troubles with the fins movement, top one moves about 5° and bottom one moves around 1°-2°

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the unorthodox way that Dragon's thrusters fire for orbital manoeuvres, it would be nice to have the config file come with preset RCS actuation toggles. E.g., fore-by-throttle is on, aft facing thrusters are limited to not fire for rotation controls, etc based on how the real Dragon's RCS is configured. Given that this is the default configuration of the capsule, it would avoid the need for users to set that up on their own end every time, and/or avoid everyone trying to use the Super Dracos for engine burns in space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starship  and super heavy 2019 always blow up when entry atmosphere in RSS at 5-6km/s speed. Even when I disable air friction in game settings/

Have a problem with Falcon heavy in KSP 1.8.1.   Can`y load craft cause missing part probeCoreOcto.v2... It seems part renamed with updates of game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ciko said:

Starship  and super heavy 2019 always blow up when entry atmosphere in RSS at 5-6km/s speed. Even when I disable air friction in game settings/

Have a problem with Falcon heavy in KSP 1.8.1.   Can`y load craft cause missing part probeCoreOcto.v2... It seems part renamed with updates of game...

Just build the craft yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, alberro+ said:

Just a slight question, didn't TE have a 2017 BFR? I'm assuming it was removed in some update. Would be cool to have it back.

It did, yes. It wouldn't be cool to Damon and me, though...because then we'd have to support it. :sticktongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@damonvv I have a problem with the “toggle soot” options in the Ghidorah9 interstage and the Ghidorah Heavy booster nose cones.

On the interstage (Block 4 variant) once soot is turned on it can’t be removed, and the soot doesn’t work at all in the GH nosecones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emilius73 said:

@damonvv I have a problem with the “toggle soot” options in the Ghidorah9 interstage and the Ghidorah Heavy booster nose cones.

On the interstage (Block 4 variant) once soot is turned on it can’t be removed, and the soot doesn’t work at all in the GH nosecones.

I have fixed the nosecone issue. I didn't knew the interstage would be stuck. Will look into it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, damonvv said:

I have fixed the nosecone issue. I didn't knew the interstage would be stuck. Will look into it!

Thanks! The interstage seems to be fixed in the dev version FYI.

EDIT: Nope, interstage is still broken :(

Edited by Emilius73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

gA4eKU7.png

Edited by alberro+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play 1.8.1 with TE 2.0 with RSS and RO

First all ships explodes in atmosphere reentry. I solve this problem by add to all part Ablator module.

Next problem it seems Starship 2019 (don`t test other parts) don`t have correct center of mass. At same point starship become uncontrollable and start crazy spins...

Edited by Ciko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ciko said:

I play 1.8.1 with TE 2.0 with RSS and RO

First all ships explodes in atmosphere reentry. I solve this problem by add to all part Ablator module.

Next problem it seems Starship 2019 (don`t test other parts) don`t have correct center of mass. At same point starship become uncontrollable and star crazy spins...

TE 2.0 is not really compatible with RSS yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.