[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Playing around tonight, as well. I'm really wanting an extensible docking port, BFS to BFS would be non-trivial.

0qrfA4D.png

I'd also like to see the RCS puffs (and indeed the holes for them on the texture), it would help getting a feel for if it's working (it's slow to accelerate). All and all, really cool. Nice, nice work.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:49 AM, Gryphorim said:

I must have derped badly, because I am getting a crash on selecting any Tundra part, due to 2 B9partswitch modules trying to handle the same resource. Modules B9Fuelswitch and TE_Fuel. I have deleted old versions of Tundra Tech and Tundra Ex, and installed the new versions, but issue persists. I am unsure what to change to resolve the conflict. 

23 hours ago, damonvv said:

I am not home in those types of configs. I hope @JadeOfMaar can take a look! It would help to have a log file to check.

The issue seems to be a simple missing "!" in the Extra_ResourceDefaults.cfg here before B9PartSwitch

// Gojira II BFS-3800 Tanker Pod
@PART[TE_18_BFS_TANKER]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,!Pathfinder]
{
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 6142.5
		maxAmount = 6142.5
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 7507.5
		maxAmount = 7507.5
	}
}

This causes these Resources to be added even when B9PartSwitch is present and if you have CryoTanks etc installed it tries to add another PartSwitch for those causing the conflict.

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Screenshot of GameData folder? Version of KSP? Download from GitHub or SpaceDock?

https://imgur.com/a/CnvoOSj[/img]

Version 1.5.1

SpaceDock, but problem only occured after grabbing the dev build on Github. It persisted after deleting the Tundra folders and replacing with the new Spacedock version (1.2.1)

@damonvv @JadeOfMaar (I'm not sure whom to ping in this case)

File Patches/Extra_ResourceDefaults.cfg, lines 117-118

@PART[TE_18_BFS_TANKER]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,!Pathfinder]

I assume should be:

@PART[TE_18_BFS_TANKER]:NEEDS[!B9PartSwitch,!Pathfinder]

(This got me into yet another SMURFF config conflict; I'm trying to create a dedicated SMURFF patch for Tundra btw, but still testing it on my setup :) )

Edit: @Gryphorim check if this helps your case as well :) 

Edit 2: it seems that @Crossman found the same issue, but his post was stuck in the "new poster" queue :)

Edited by Marandil

On 11/18/2018 at 3:45 PM, Starwaster said:

try autostrutting?

i belive the term is 'up the wazoo'  tried heaviest, root grandperent, none, real struts, mixtures,  config alteration with and without struts... im just going it seems to be cause by pressure / acceleration , taking off from eve after all, if i do it slowly enough its managable, but too hard a re entry (above 4 g) and pop again. i usually have a small peak at 5 g for a few seconds, not enough to knock out tourists but enough to rip it in half. 

ill update you afte i update :p

4 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

i belive the term is 'up the wazoo'  tried heaviest, root grandperent, none, real struts, mixtures,  config alteration with and without struts... im just going it seems to be cause by pressure / acceleration , taking off from eve after all, if i do it slowly enough its managable, but too hard a re entry (above 4 g) and pop again. i usually have a small peak at 5 g for a few seconds, not enough to knock out tourists but enough to rip it in half. 

ill update you afte i update :p

What's weird here is that I'm using scaled up version of it with a scaled up star system so things get a bit more extreme for me... (and my ship stays intact... at least until I flip over and belly flop into the terrain)

Edited by Starwaster

18 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

What's weird here is that I'm using scaled up version of it with a scaled up star system so things get a bit more extreme for me... (and my ship stays intact... at least until I flip over and belly flop into the terrain)

the weird thing is its just that one part for me, but i figured it out, after loading the new part all the craft was fecked up and everything attached was offset, removed it all and added the main command pod again and its all workin and fixed, it seems the offset of the comman pod was causing more stress on the shroud part, but now with everything alighed afte the patch all is good!

thanks for every ones help!

1 minute ago, Space Kadet said:

the weird thing is its just that one part for me, but i figured it out, after loading the new part all the craft was fecked up and everything attached was offset, removed it all and added the main command pod again and its all workin and fixed, it seems the offset of the comman pod was causing more stress on the shroud part, but now with everything alighed afte the patch all is good!

thanks for every ones help!

Glad the update worked!

16 minutes ago, Zackghostgamer said:

The BFR got renamed Starship and the booster got renamed Super Heavy by Elon Musk so, I guess we will need an update. And also, can there be a craft file with a Ghidorah Heavy with a Rodan Command Pod?

We don't NEED an update for a name change... it's not like there are (known) physical changes. (yet)

4 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

I remember you saying that the IVA was coming on November 26th, has that changed, or am I not remembering right?

I said that? Can’t remember. Also I’m waay behind schedule because I want my TSC mod updated

2 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

In the parts folder there is "Rodan" and "RodanV2", I am wondering what the difference is because I can find only 1 in the game. Thank you.

The original one is disabled. He probably kept it in there but hidden so that it wouldn't break people's saved games. If he had just taken it out then people's craft that used that part would be deleted. Typically that's how situations like this are handled if a part changes enough to break craft or just plain look weird or function wrong if the new part were to be suddenly used on old craft. So you keep them around but hide them so that players have to use the new version but not break old craft.

3 minutes ago, Zackghostgamer said:

So, I have a question, How do you get the Ghidorah Re-entry skin during re-entry? Or do you have to just start with it?

If you have B9 Part Switch installed, you can manually switch in-flight to the landed texture. I usually switch after the boostback burn

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, onlinegamesz said:

In the parts folder there is "Rodan" and "RodanV2", I am wondering what the difference is because I can find only 1 in the game. Thank you.

The original Rodan is hidden, you may be able to find it through the advanced search.

1 hour ago, TameFroggy said:

The original Rodan is hidden, you may be able to find it through the advanced search.

I have done this so people are not using old parts. In the next update I will remove the old parts so if you still use any of the older dragon/bfs parts, please recover them