[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

4 hours ago, kendzior944 said:

i have weird issue with the F9 main Engine it has no sound when im igniting it and even before ill do it flames are going out of the engines, even on the pad any tips? i have everything updated to the latest versions 

2 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

I have the same but my save files and logs are way too heavy to send to damon. If you don't have too many mmods installed pls send your logs tohim, because this problem was supposed to solved on the last update. And Make sure you delete the mod file before replacing it by the new.

Note that there are small nozzles on the base ring of the rocket, and we don't know whate they are, docking clamps for refueling? RCS ports?

For those who want to build a Starhopper, take the base of the Gojira, put landing legs on it. Then put a  fairing to make thhe dome and put a probe core and a reaction wheel inside the fairing.

Add one or three raptors to the base and you are good to go.

For original Starhopper, replace the fairing and what it contains by the cargo variant of Gojira and you're good to go.

Install realplume and it should be fixed. I’ve said this multiple times already.

38 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv SQUAD have announced that 1.7 will be released next week...I look forward to Tundra’s update too :)

When 1.7 drops I still want to test things and tweak a few things. Also if 1.7 is broken (Like 1.4, 1.5, 1.6) then I will wait for 1.7.1 lol

29 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@RealKerbal3x , if you look forward to the next update, why not try out the github! It has all sorts of cool things, such as iridium, the WIP Rodan IVA, cool new plumes for Ghidorah, and less dependabilities! Its great!

https://github.com/damonvv/TundraExploration

Here ya go!

I never encourage people to just try out things on github as a lot of the time those are very unstable and will cause more people to complain about bugs when I'm working on it already. Only use it at own risk.

On 4/3/2019 at 7:23 AM, damonvv said:

Install realplume and it should be fixed. I’ve said this multiple times already.

Sorry no plans to install realplume, I can wait for 1.7. Just a thing, will your new version be compatible also with 1.6.1 I f I decide to keep that version onto my hard drive?

Can someone explain me (maybe with some pictures) how i couple the Booster cores on the Centre core of the Falcon 9 heavy? i  tried the Coupler which i found in the coupler section but it isnt stable. do i need other mods? the animated coupler mods didnt change it

Edited by feluxution

9 minutes ago, feluxution said:

Can someone explain me (maybe with some pictures) how i couple the Booster cores on the Centre core of the Falcon 9 heavy? i  tried the Coupler which i found in the coupler section but it isnt stable. do i need other mods? the animated coupler mods didnt change it

either turn autostruts on for the boosters, or add physical struts.  Never trust just the radial decoupler.

5 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Sorry no plans to install realplume, I can wait for 1.7. Just a thing, will your new version be compatible also with 1.6.1 I f I decide to keep that version onto my hard drive?

Should work. New version doesn't need realplume anymore. If you want expendable plumes then you still have to install smokescreen, but it's not a dependency.

11 minutes ago, feluxution said:

If you have Animated Decouplers mod installed, then the Falcon Heavy decoupler should work like any other decoupler. When placing it, use the gizmo (press 2 in the vab) to offset the sidebooster to line up better. I would advice to look at the craft file and see how things are put in place.

1 minute ago, Capt. Hunt said:

either turn autostruts on for the boosters, or add physical struts.  Never trust just the radial decoupler.

what are autostruts?

8 minutes ago, damonvv said:

If you have Animated Decouplers mod installed, then the Falcon Heavy decoupler should work like any other decoupler. When placing it, use the gizmo (press 2 in the vab) to offset the sidebooster to line up better. I would advice to look at the craft file and see how things are put in place.

how do i open the craft files?

10 minutes ago, feluxution said:

what are autostruts?

You can access autostrutting from the right click menu for each part.  It automatically places invisible struts that help hold a given part to either the Root part, the heaviest part on the rocket or a part further down the attachment tree.

Animated decouplers is a script that enables specially equipped mod decouplers to play animations when they separate.  You do need it for these decouplers to work, but it won't help hold anything together more then the decoupler normally would.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

54 minutes ago, feluxution said:

how do i open the craft files?

Open the .zip file and look for the files with .craft (should be in the Ships folder). Put those in your save (ship/vab) folder and launch KSP, they should be available there.

Munar Flight with @damonvv's FH, and @benjee10's wonderful ICPS and Orion!

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

We have Liftoff!

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

We choose to return to the Mun, and establish a sustainable, continuous  human kerbal presence!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Booster Separation!

unknown.png

unknown.png LES jettison!

unknown.png

And thats how far I got. I will post more pictures as the mission continues!

On 4/3/2019 at 4:46 AM, Quoniam Kerman said:

Note that there are small nozzles on the base ring of the rocket, and we don't know whate they are, docking clamps for refueling? RCS ports?

Refueling lines. They were already there on the old version of the BFR. Used for fueling on the pad (through the booster) as well as for refueling in orbit.

Meanwhile on Duna:

BWyD88j.jpg?1

Pictures from the mission:

Spoiler

2 Starships standing by for launch:

Spoiler

Wgv4BzM.jpg

Godspeed my brave Kerbals!

Spoiler

SlFpa9l.jpg

Starship Separation:

Spoiler

yrnPrvd.jpg

Refueling at my space station:

Spoiler

hSRXVSf.jpg

Booster reentry burn (please ignore the KSC mess I created):

Spoiler

QvgUT15.jpg

Booster landing burn:

Spoiler

XeoF6bc.jpg

Almost there...

Spoiler

h168MNa.jpg

A little bit off-center, but good enough:

Spoiler

YsbpvCp.jpg

Tanker reentry:

Spoiler

ONSETS7.png

Tanker landing fail - but hey, it was undamaged!

Spoiler

h8feYCK.jpg

Action group switching coming in Tundra Exploration 1.4 update (coming right after KSP 1.7 drops)

Soon you are able to put action groups to your texture switching, making kOS scripts possible for those tasks!

17 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Will you make your own solar panels for Starship when there are some new renders, @damonvv?

Not planning to, but I know someone is working on something so I will keep you updated within the next month