[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Will get screenshots momentarily. Just need to build it with the un-tweaked parts to show what I'm on about.

Also: shouldn't the Communotron 42 & Communotron 04 antennas be combinable?

Edited by StevieC

@damonvv Why is Ghidorah a 2.5m design if it's clearly a falcon 9 clone? I was expecting a 3.75m design, like the real life counterpart. Otherwise it becomes near impossible to launch the thing of an earth like planet (with orbital velocity of 7800 m/s) with any kind of payload, even after adjusting for KSP's insane dry weight and similar things. 

9 minutes ago, Someone2018 said:

@damonvv Why is Ghidorah a 2.5m design if it's clearly a falcon 9 clone? I was expecting a 3.75m design, like the real life counterpart. Otherwise it becomes near impossible to launch the thing of an earth like planet (with orbital velocity of 7800 m/s) with any kind of payload, even after adjusting for KSP's insane dry weight and similar things. 

Because this isn't supposed to be a 1:1 replica? It's designed for a 2.5x size system and not RSS, although someone correct me if they can

50 minutes ago, Someone2018 said:

It used to say in the OP that this is stockalike. I think I accidentally removed it with an update. Will fix that. But yeah this is not a 1:1 replica of the real thing. RO patches are being made but takes time.

Hi, I do not know why. but now it works. I have felt for the 100th time a new clean installation made.

Presumably, some mods did not get along with each other.

Thank you anyway ;)

Everyone of you uses the flight manager for landing the boosters ? Or Kos ?

6 hours ago, nickel said:

Hi, I do not know why. but now it works. I have felt for the 100th time a new clean installation made.

Presumably, some mods did not get along with each other.

Thank you anyway ;)

Everyone of you uses the flight manager for landing the boosters ? Or Kos ?

I use FMRS myself. Not kOS. FMRS works pretty well (not in 1.7). you just have to be careful when using FMRS as if you don't use it properly it might break some things. So be sure to read the forum thread!

So i finaly decided to make an forum acount, but thats not the main thing! im just here to send some ideas:

1.The Dragonrider concept, it could be relatively easy to make, the only new thing that would be needed is an edited pod and maybe some thruster pods.

2.The Falcon 5 concept in its final days, from what i read its an falcon 9 1.0 with 4 engines removed and partial fueload.

3.The falcon 1E.

thats about my ideas, or i should say ideas.

oh and this is an nice mod! :) 

Edited by DriftedCougar
Remembered falcon 1E exited.

i ment the old dragon 1 capsule derived :)

yeah i see the dragonrider concept and dragon V2 as 2 seperate….spacecrafts

i likke that design a bit for no reason

Edited by DriftedCougar
clarified what i ment more

On 5/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, damonvv said:

On 5/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, damonvv said:

Soon(tm) ^_^

Ok :/

34 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

i ment the old dragon 1 capsule derived :)

Welcome to the forum!!! Yes you are right something like that was planned

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo

3 hours ago, DriftedCougar said:

So i finaly decided to make an forum acount, but thats not the main thing! im just here to send some ideas:

1.The Dragonrider concept, it could be relatively easy to make, the only new thing that would be needed is an edited pod and maybe some thruster pods.

2.The Falcon 5 concept in its final days, from what i read its an falcon 9 1.0 with 4 engines removed and partial fueload.

3.The falcon 1E.

thats about my ideas, or i should say ideas.

oh and this is an nice mod! :) 

Cool ideas!

1. This might be something I will consider. It was a good looking pod indeed!
2. First priority is Falcon 9 v1.0 and Stainless Starship. After that I may consider this!
3. See 2 (Although Falcon 1E only needs a bigger first stage tank. Easy to make) ^^