[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Umm, anyone else having this problem? They're still attached, I can land safely. Before deploying them, they were even orbiting the capsule lol. They should be attached symmetrically, but the capsule is still tilted. Doesn't happen with the Mk1-3 pod.

NkwMhBo.png?1

Edited by infinite_monkey

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Umm, anyone else having this problem? They're still attached, I can land safely. Before deploying them, they were even orbiting the capsule lol. They should be attached symmetrically, but the capsule is still tilted. Doesn't happen with the Mk1-3 pod.

NkwMhBo.png?1

Never seen this problem nor heard of it, idk what kind of dark magic you are using :D 

22 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

NkwMhBo.png?1

This is probably a stupid question, but where did you get those parachutes?  I've seen them elsewhere and they look so much nicer than stock.

As for your problem, I use KJR as well and haven't ever seen that happen.

27 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

This is probably a stupid question, but where did you get those parachutes?  I've seen them elsewhere and they look so much nicer than stock.

As for your problem, I use KJR as well and haven't ever seen that happen.

Not a stupid question at all, I've also been looking for them for a long time :D They're from ReStock (maybe ReStock+). I installed that just for those parachutes lol. Notice that RealChutes overwrites them with its own chutes, so you might need to uninstall that one. I hope someday TE will bring its own chutes :wink:

I did some tests - it ONLY happens if they're attached to the Rodan capsule. No problem on the cargo trunk. So I now attached a Mk16-XL on a mounting plate from Katten's Rocket Emporium (a Radial Attachment Point might work as well) and clipped that one inside the pod - no problem anymore.

34 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Not a stupid question at all, I've also been looking for them for a long time :D They're from ReStock (maybe ReStock+). I installed that just for those parachutes lol. Notice that RealChutes overwrites them with its own chutes, so you might need to uninstall that one. I hope someday TE will bring its own chutes :wink:

I did some tests - it ONLY happens if they're attached to the Rodan capsule. No problem on the cargo trunk. So I now attached a Mk16-XL on a mounting plate from Katten's Rocket Emporium (a Radial Attachment Point might work as well) and clipped that one inside the pod - no problem anymore.

Ah!  Thank you.  I just installed ReStock and ReStock+ a few days ago, but I also have RealChutes installed.  I'll take that out and see what happens.

@damonvv How do you get a G9 first stage on target to land on a droneship (specifically the one from your TSC mod)? I use the Trajectories mod, which helps to get close-ish to the ship - but there usually isn't enough time to steer the stage to a bullseye and still do a successful hoverslam.

@damonvv If you're making them only flappers (one axis only) then suggestion: Don't make them perfectly 90 degrees with respect to the hull. Note how there's a slight angle to them such that when they are folded upwards they angle back a bit. I think that would give a bit more control and help prevent situations where if they get into nose dive they might have a chance of getting out again. (something that always bothered me with the early design that he announced months ago)

54 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@damonvv If you're making them only flappers (one axis only) then suggestion: Don't make them perfectly 90 degrees with respect to the hull. Note how there's a slight angle to them such that when they are folded upwards they angle back a bit. I think that would give a bit more control and help prevent situations where if they get into nose dive they might have a chance of getting out again. (something that always bothered me with the early design that he announced months ago)

I am going to try the airbrake module. This will give you the control you need and also slows down the craft when the wings are deployed 

2 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

The ones with Rosetta and the like.

Still working on them. I should fine more time to finish them up!

7 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv How do you get a G9 first stage on target to land on a droneship (specifically the one from your TSC mod)? I use the Trajectories mod, which helps to get close-ish to the ship - but there usually isn't enough time to steer the stage to a bullseye and still do a successful hoverslam.

Practice, atleast thats how I did it. Just know what your rocket does during landing and aiming will improve!