[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

@T-20000, I am not familiar with the mac file manager, but that folder is called B9PartSwitch_v2.17.0.   I am guessing if you open that you would see a subfolder called B9PartSwitch.  Based on the screenshot, I am guessing you may have not installed the mods correctly.  There are a couple of tutorials on YouTube that talk about installing KSP mods with a mac so those may be helpful or someone with mac experience may come along and provide better directions.  One alternative is to try CKAN.  I don't use it myself, but that may be an alternative to manual installations.

51 minutes ago, hemeac said:

@T-20000, I am not familiar with the mac file manager, but that folder is called B9PartSwitch_v2.17.0.   I am guessing if you open that you would see a subfolder called B9PartSwitch.  Based on the screenshot, I am guessing you may have not installed the mods correctly.  There are a couple of tutorials on YouTube that talk about installing KSP mods with a mac so those may be helpful or someone with mac experience may come along and provide better directions.  One alternative is to try CKAN.  I don't use it myself, but that may be an alternative to manual installations.

thx

Tundra Exploration v3.0 is out!

This version includes the following:
- Revamped Crew Rodan (Many many thanks to @DylanSemrau for making these models!!!)
- Added Cargo Rodan (Many many thanks to @DylanSemrau for making these models!!!)
- Remodeled Rodan Trunk
- Remodeled Rodan Heatshield
- Added Standalone Octaweb
- Added Standalone Merlin 1D
- Added Starlink Dish

Download link in the OP. Happy launches!
Pics:

Spoiler

jjXwDN3.jpg

aScsjxb.jpg

IdmjoKN.jpg

Edited by damonvv

On 10/10/2020 at 3:02 AM, Raptor22 said:

I've been trying to think of a good way to make Starship in this actually viable for landing cargo. The aft containers don't give a whole lot of room for packing in base parts (so no KIS base assembly, unless you're using inflatables ala WBI Pathfinder), however the cargo nose cone isn't great for landing stuff on the surface because of the way how it opens - you'd either need a crane or to release the payload mid-air in some sort of hairbrained air-drop maneuver which, unfortunately, lead to me losing more than a few starships.

You could try something like this:

l5WHMsY_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand

I uploaded this video to report a problem with the stages, as I was using KAS for the winched crane. I think the problem is still happening, although I'm not launching many Starships at the moment and none of them to surface landing. You can find the video at this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xWI5I5x6_1FwrvmWBMGUC8PZQMj1viH8/view?usp=sharing

And YES! It would be amazing that @damonvv or whoever is capable of doing something like the picture you posted (which is official cause it's in the Starship's User Guide inside SpaceX website). However, we will give him his time. He's making great improvements with the current content and adding new one each time! Will do great when the time comes  :wink:.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, SpeedShot7 said:

Elon teased a Starship update on the SpaceX website recently, and now that we have a full-scale Starship (prototype), will the Starship in this mod be updated accordingly?

I would imagine trying to keep up with the latest Starship designs would be a maddening process, as it gets a redesign every time you blink.

I'd prefer the mod focus on things that are already built, but I don't control it (and those are pretty much done already).

2 minutes ago, Ulgojax said:

Hello guys, which part is like decoupler for decoupling Crew Dragon capsule from service module? Thanks!

Sorry if it was already spoken, but 120+ pages are too much on me :D

The Cargo Dragon spacecraft separator has a part switch for Crew Dragon.

Hello, it's my first post and I was wondering if there was any plans to make a starship without a heatshield, sort of like SN8 at the moment.

See the source image

My guess is that it would be toggleable with B9 Part Switch. I've never done a single thing with modding and don't know if it would be a difficult job. I know you are probably busy, it's just an idea to think about =D

PS-If someone mentioned this already I'm sorry, 127 pages is a lot to read lol.

24 minutes ago, Hatattack said:

if there was any plans to make a starship without a heatshield, sort of like SN8

There are no plans. It's a waste of time for the part makers to make parts for experimental stuff that practically changes every few weeks, is only good for the brief time that they exist, and won't add actual progression or mission value to the game. The mod would become bloated with junked prototype parts.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:04 AM, Lpw7000 said:

I am having trouble docking two starships together. Can anyone help.

I have trouble sometimes,  mechjeb doesn't understand how to dock them butt to butt so I just target them backwards and do it manually. its finicky but it works after a while.