[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

2 hours ago, Typicxl_L said:

Hello Builders. I recently downloaded this pack, placed the files into gamedata, loaded up the game, but for some reason the part's are not showing up in the VAB Or Aircraft assembly building menu, Wondering if you could help me.  Thanks.

Could you send a screenshot of your gamedata folder? 

Dragon 2 seems to not be playing nice with Mechjeb for me, it refuses to perform burns using the nose thrusters, even with the control point reversed and fore by throttle enabled. Has anyone else been able to find settings that make this work, or is it a bug?

Suddenly, the dockable craft are missing "dockingPort2" (whatever that is).  I've also discovered that, while the files for it are in the proper place, the standard-size clamp-o-tron isn't showing up in the parts lists anymore.  Has anyone else encountered this?  If so, how did you fix it?

(I'm posting it here because the Rodan is where I first encountered the problem.)

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87dvulu17urk5we/KSP.log?dl=0

Please and Thank You!

Love the mod!

im still figuring out how to change perimeters on crafts and I am having issues with the crew module one. The monopropellant runs out very quickly ( says 9/second or so) I could change the ISP (still tweaking it). I am working on making them stronger too. I see no option to change the amount of propellant (the 189 is nowhere to be found in the craft file). I like to make a copy of the craft and modify that, but when I do, I lose lots of features including monopropellant. 

any chance someone could help me understand the rodan config file? I basically want to make the thrusters use less mono per second, and make the amount of mono larger. 

2 hours ago, MrChittyChad said:

Love the mod!

im still figuring out how to change perimeters on crafts and I am having issues with the crew module one. The monopropellant runs out very quickly ( says 9/second or so) I could change the ISP (still tweaking it). I am working on making them stronger too. I see no option to change the amount of propellant (the 189 is nowhere to be found in the craft file). I like to make a copy of the craft and modify that, but when I do, I lose lots of features including monopropellant. 

any chance someone could help me understand the rodan config file? I basically want to make the thrusters use less mono per second, and make the amount of mono larger. 

Looks like I finally figured it out. Never seen a patches section before. 

38 minutes ago, Tobias_Corbett said:

Sorry if this question has already been answered but is anyone else having an issue with the VL-9R "Octopus" engine? I cannot get it to ingnite.

You’ll need Kerbal Actuators, the dependency for the tri-mode switching.

https://github.com/Angel-125/KerbalActuators/releases

On 12/9/2020 at 6:30 PM, MrChittyChad said:

Love the mod!

If you're using the SuperDracos to do your orbital burns, they run out quickly because they aren't intended to be used this way. The real Dragon 2 uses those for LES only, and does burns using nose RCS. This does confuse MechJeb, though

6 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

If you're using the SuperDracos to do your orbital burns, they run out quickly because they aren't intended to be used this way. The real Dragon 2 uses those for LES only, and does burns using nose RCS. This does confuse MechJeb, though

I only use the RCS thrusters to do all that. I had to adjust the thrust of those ports( so it doesn’t take 15 minutes to burn), increase monopropellant, and make them more efficient. I also had to increase torque because of the changes. Now i am able to remove second stage after capturing orbit, and do all the phase burns to ISS. Before my changes, 195 of mono would be used up before getting 1/4 of the first burn. My capsule weighs 9 tons(2000 mono), but still works very well. I added a mod to dump fuel and apollo like floats when it hits the ocean or it would be mostly underwater lol ( granted the mod makes the capsule a feather at 1 ton) I might just add the dump valve (no idea if its a mod I added or a stock part but does the trick!). 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, SpaceFace545 said:

I have trouble sometimes,  mechjeb doesn't understand how to dock them butt to butt so I just target them backwards and do it manually. its finicky but it works after a while.

The Dragon 2 has this code in the cfg file that allows to switch to reverse orientation:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCommand
		minimumCrew = 1
		defaultControlPointDisplayName = Forward
		CONTROLPOINT
		{
			name = reverse
			displayName = Reversed
			orientation = 0,0,180
		}
	}

Perhaps adding that to the Starship aft might help. As far as I can tell, Mechjeb gets confused by pointing in the wrong direction, so this might fix it.

But as I've said, I have problems getting Mechjeb to control this mod in general, I don't know if there's an easy way for @damonvv to sort things out.

IRL all of SpaceX's stuff is computer controlled, so I think it's important to have the option here too.

PLEASE! WILL SOMEONE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE MISSING "dockingPort2" ERROR???

I have gone through every craft and config file and systematically eradicated all references to the thing, yet I still can't load the cargo Rodan because it says I don't have the damn part!

I WANT to use this add-on, but I'm ready to just delete KSP in its entirety.

(Log file posted above.)

New Tundra Exploration version is out!

- KSP 1.11 support
- Added new Inventory space to pods
- Added more gimbal to the Raptor Engine
- Removed Raptor glow - Fixed white version for Ghidorah Heavy Nosecone
- Fixed Torque on Ghidorah Guidance Unit
- Fixed hinge on D2
- Fixed Cargo Rodan colliders - Fixed mass pass on Gigan
- Make all Ore-holding parts hold empty by default
- Heat limit balance pass
- Fixed octaweb symm, updated subcats