[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 hour ago, IsaQuest said:

Any plans to continue TundraExploration4RO? 

Yes but it takes a lot of time to get things right. @Nessus_ is working really hard to make it all work but  during these times it can be hard to find time to work on it.

7 minutes ago, DaBrokeBoy69 said:

anyone have the problem were the fuel in the fuel tanks are not there or working or did I just do something wrong

[snipped for your privacy] 

Hey guy. I removed that link because it gets close to some personal information you might not want to share, and because pics won't display from your hard drive. You'll need to upload them to a sharing site and use the link they provide in your posts here. Imgur.com is pretty easy to use and doesn't require an account. 

Welcome to the forum. :)

On 12/30/2020 at 1:07 AM, MikoYurei said:

Will there be fully ASET IVAs for Rodan, or maybe for Gojira too? It would be awsome to fly the Starship from the IVA using monitors and buttons!

This. But I fear for some reason IVA's aren't popular enough.

3 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

IVA's aren't popular

are u sure? 72.455 from feb2020 yt video

Spoiler

Sry for offtopic but IVA !

BTW MOARdV released a new ver on 19 dec

[WIP] [1.11.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.2.2, 19 December 2020)

quote"all of the Classic RasterPropMonitor props (the ones included in RPM) are replaced with MAS props"

and huge thanks for this FUNtastic mod damonvv

peace

OMG I can't wait to play with it. Awesome job getting that done, been seeing the previews on discord and it looks amazing.
One thing tho, you placed the skirt/leg support hex ring in the wrong orientation, not a big deal, it might clip into the VAC engines and legs. Just wanted to mention it in case you didn't fix already and before its too late.
GJ!

Spoiler

tundrathing.png

@damonvv Looking very nice! Did you/will you remodel the flaps? It's hard to tell on your picture, and the flap design has changed since the renders were made.

Also, this was partly mentioned by @EritoKaio above, but you have the leg mounts in the wrong orientation. Here it is on SN8 for reference:

0VVF1B4.jpg

I look forward to the update! :D

I'm confused about this, I launched up the Gorija Mk4, and it only has 2850 meters per second, I tried launching up a cargo versino to resupply it with fuel, but there is no docking port, I even have kerbals stranded on duna because I didn't have enough fuel to get back, I even directly re-entered the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, skrpt kddz said:

I'm confused about this, I launched up the Gorija Mk4, and it only has 2850 meters per second, I tried launching up a cargo versino to resupply it with fuel, but there is no docking port, I even have kerbals stranded on duna because I didn't have enough fuel to get back, I even directly re-entered the atmosphere.

Assuming you use the whole Starship/Super Heavy stack, you should have enough fuel to send Starship to Duna without refueling (at stock scale). If you need to refuel, the ships can dock end to end, as shown in the official animations. Starship might not have enough fuel to return to Kerbin from Duna, so you probably would have to send an ISRU unit packed inside a cargo Starship, with as many pieces as possible inside inventory containers, and assembled in-situ. You may need Kerbal Attachment System to transfer fuel to the Starships.

Tundra Exploration V3.2 is live!

This version includes:
- Heatshieldless Gojira parts (mostly part switch variants)
- Added stainless steel legs
- removed glow on RPTR vac
- Added Waterfall configs for Gojira

Cannot wait to see what you guys can do!
Link in the OP.

Happy landings!

DGup6xg.jpg

Edited by damonvv

37 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Tundra Exploration V3.2 is live!

This version includes:
- Heatshieldless Gojira parts (mostly part switch variants)
- Added stainless steel legs
- removed glow on RPTR vac

Cannot wait to see what you guys can do!
Link in the OP.

Happy landings!

DGup6xg.jpg

What mod are you using for that launch mount?