[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

I have the newest version of TE and ksp (unless steam has stopped auto updating for some reason) and i have reinstalled all the requirements multiple times so one of them might be outdated or i'm missing a requirement for one of the requirements or i have just installed them in a weird order (i will probably try and do a clean reinstall soon if i don't find a solution soon enough) , as an example when i try and load the Gojira Mk3 Crew it says "Craft Gojira Mk3 Crew was not loaded because it had the following parts missing: Grid Fin L Titanium" witch is weird because i cannot find a grid fin R (if L means left) is there a requirement that "Grid Fin L Titanium" belongs to or is it a TE item? Any help would be appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, Specia1 said:

So after some looking around i'm 99% sure that what's wrong is KSE but i just reinstalled it and it's still not working, i'm going to try some things until i reinstall but i will update you if i find the solution to my issues

A screenshot from the error and maybe from your gamedata could help understanding the issue

I just found out that i misunderstood how you installed KSE, i thought i had to just dump the contents of the KSE folder into the ksp folder but i had to put the KSE folder into GameData folder and it fixed the issue, i apologize if i wasted somebody's time

3 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

Maybe it's because of some conflict with pathfinder? I wish I didn't need it, I only need it so that I make isru glykerol. is there any other way of making it that you guys know of?

An ISRU chain for Glykerol is not given Because DeepFreeze does not assume that you'll need to create it in flight or cater for a large crew needing to freeze and thaw more than once (like on a grand tour challenge with life support, visiting 2+ gas giants in the same trip, or any significant 1-way trip with multiple stops).

I've devised a more Rational™ chain for Glykerol versus the old and very imbalanced version in Pathfinder, and, in USI fashion, set it up to appear in the stock small Convert-O-Tron.

Save this as a .cfg file in GameData and let me know if it works.

@PART[MiniISRU]:NEEDS[DeepFreeze]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		ConverterName = Glykerol
		StartActionName = Start ISRU Glykerol 
		StopActionName = Stop ISRU Glykerol
		ToggleActionname = Toggle ISRU Glykerol

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Hydrates
			Ratio = 0.1
			FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 4.5
		}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Glykerol
			Ratio = 0.0125
			DumpExcess = false
		}
	}
}

The zip file on Spacedock is corrupted. Windows Explorer can't open it at all.

WinRAR opens it but reports errors in the file. Internally, many folders/file are duplicated with CRC values of 0.

What did you use to create the archive?

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

The zip file on Spacedock is corrupted. Windows Explorer can't open it at all.

WinRAR opens it but reports errors in the file. Internally, many folders/file are duplicated with CRC values of 0.

What did you use to create the archive?

I used winRAR to create it. I will check the zip myself later today. But I haven’t seen any errors popping up :( 

@JadeOfMaar I LOVE YOU. I'm gonna test this right away. I just put it in the root gamedata folder?

EDIT: IT WORKS! now testing if removing pathfinder give the MK4 hab capability.

Edit: so yes and no, no hab function, but it now has a "Kaijuu goods" option that has "life support".as far as I can tell, that's just storage for supplies and mulch. is that also the habitiation module? also, would be great if you could expand the uses of the kaijuu goods to include usi resources., if you can. also, would like a mk4 tanker that can operate like the mk3 tanker.

My guess is that pathfinder has something in it's code to change certain parts of the tundra mod to have compatibility with pathfinder's inventory/ cargo system.

apologies if I'm being a bit demanding. I'm working on doing a youtube stream series where I do career mode with life support. and I'd love the starship to be my workhorse rocket.

Edited by TomfooleryYT

5 hours ago, damonvv said:

I used winRAR to create it. I will check the zip myself later today. But I haven’t seen any errors popping up :( 

Maybe it GOT corrupted during the download from spacedock. I don't think that happens all that often but it's possible. I redownloaded from Github as it was the surest way but I'll see if I can get around to trying Spacedock again just to see what happens

Is it planned  menu for texture unlimited GUI on starship mk4?

Also I use tweak scale and alltweak mod - but sadly - cant resize Falcon 9 tanks.. Can you add support cfg for this?

Can someone share with Falacon Heavy craft mod?  -but not broken in the mod ship folder

10 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Perhaps also make sure that yaw, pitch and roll on the control surfaces is definitely enabled?

yeah nah, they definitely aren't moving automatically.

@damonvv @JadeOfMaar quick question. the mk4 command pod has WAY MORE seats than just 8, would changing the crew capacity in cfg mess up anything or would it just unlock those seats?

Just thought I'd share a cool image with you guys. I recently added a landing pad to my Lunar Outpost using Kerbal Konstructs and it's a great place to land Starship! I'm having a lot of fun with this mod and use it all the time!

03FMXPd.jpg

I thought of something that would be great to add in the mod: could you add a docking port for the starship? Maybe you could even include it in the command pod and make it extend a bit when opening the docking hatch.

Edited by Sam972

46 minutes ago, Sam972 said:

I thought of something that would be great to add in the mod: could you add a docking port for the starship? Maybe you could even include it in the command pod and make it extend a bit when opening the docking hatch.

It Already has a docking hatch

docking-hatch.png

1 hour ago, Sam972 said:

12 minutes ago, miguelsgamingch said:

It Already has a docking hatch

docking-hatch.png

I think they kept a port-less hatch there so that you can use different types of docking ports if you have them