[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

58 minutes ago, SilNaZ said:

Could we get updated RO configs? Tundra is the best SpaceX pack but the RO configs make it kind of lacking!

Based on previous pages, it looks like they're working on it.

Is there any mods for a starship launch pad? I know many people use modular launch pad's saturn v stand,

but I want to know if there's an mod/solution for it.

Something like these:

Edited by editor99
Typo

4 hours ago, SilNaZ said:

Could we get updated RO configs? Tundra is the best SpaceX pack but the RO configs make it kind of lacking!

This has been asked a lot lately.. We are working on it. It takes a long time to make the configs that work.

TUNDRA VERSION 4.0 HYPE AND MVAC FOIL? OMG CANT WAIT ANOTHER 2+ WEEKS (that why i download beta from github) and  i look a roadmap boi so cool!

On 3/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, editor99 said:

Based on previous pages, it looks like they're working on it.

Is there any mods for a starship launch pad? I know many people use modular launch pad's saturn v stand,

but I want to know if there's an mod/solution for it.

Something like these:

No (i watched those videos before) But you can get creative until AlphaMeanse makes a starship pad.

Edited by Rocketry101

Annoying quirk with Gojira Mk4 - On re-entry, the rear wings tend to collide with the body of Starship and explode, sending the craft into a tumble. This only happens when using TweakScale to achieve real-scale - with the stock scale they never blow up.

11 hours ago, theon502 said:

Annoying quirk with Gojira Mk4 - On re-entry, the rear wings tend to collide with the body of Starship and explode, sending the craft into a tumble. This only happens when using TweakScale to achieve real-scale - with the stock scale they never blow up.

This is probably because the flaps use a different type of scale than the rest. the flaps change their scale based on %, while the body is based on diameter. Maybe @damonvvcould change the way the flaps are scaled in the future. 

3 hours ago, IsaQuest said:

This is probably because the flaps use a different type of scale than the rest. the flaps change their scale based on %, while the body is based on diameter. Maybe @damonvvcould change the way the flaps are scaled in the future. 

I figured it out. When scaled up, the rear flaps are subject to a far greater stress than at the normal size and break off. I made some .cfg edits to compensate and all is well.

On 10/27/2017 at 3:03 PM, damonvv said:

Tundra Exploration RO compatibility patch

The time is here!
Tundra Exploration finally has its own RO config pack made by @Nessus_.

Features

• Realistic part sizes, fuel types/capacities and (mostly) masses for Gojira (Starship), Ghidorah (Falcon 9/FH), Bagorah (Falcon 9 v1.0), Mothra (Falcon 1), Gigan (Dragon 1), Rodan (Dragon 2) and Strongbacks
  • Realistic names for all parts
  • Falcon 9 versions of the RCS thrusters (using Nitrogen) and Landing Legs from KRE
  • SpaceX logos for all Falcon rockets
  • Adjustments for all SmokeScreen plumes from Tundra Exploration for the new part sizes.

Installation

• Install Tundra Exploration and all of its dependecies
  • Copy the contents of GameData into the GameData folder of your KSP RO install
  • Copy the contents of Extras/SpaceXDecals/GameData into the GameData folder of your KSP RO install (and override files if asked)

TODOs

• Better mass-values for Dragon 1 and 2
  • Realistic maximum temperatures

Download:

• GitHub-Logo.png

Please report anything that looks off or wrong on the github repo. Updates will go through there.
Happy launches!

da8SEVf.png

How can I add the red NASA decal into theese?

On 4/2/2021 at 7:13 AM, Rocketry101 said:

No (i watched those videos before) But you can get creative until AlphaMeanse makes a starship pad.

No, @AlphaMensae won't make one. 

"One: Yes, I don't make things based on some glossified render from years ago.  I need actual hardware on the pad ready to launch. The prototypes don't count.

Two: I'm not interested in any more SpaceX stuff for Modular Launch Pads. I made the Falcon 9-style strongback and added the current condition appearance to the shuttle FSS tower since Falcon 9 has been around for quite a while now, and they have uses for other rockets.  I'm leaving any Starship/Super Heavy stuff to Tundra Exploration (if Damon wants to) or someone else.

Now, if a Starship actually ends up landing on the Moon in one piece, or better yet on Mars, then I'll might reconsider."  -

Edited by editor99

Is it possible to add these updates to the mod to a 1.8.1 config to use with RO? If not will it be compatible (somewhat) with 1.8.1?

Also as a little side note - Thank you very much for making these mods for the community. They are absolutely beautiful and are greatly appreciated :)

Edited by JacobPF9

9 hours ago, JacobPF9 said:

Is it possible to add these updates to the mod to a 1.8.1 config to use with RO? If not will it be compatible (somewhat) with 1.8.1?

Also as a little side note - Thank you very much for making these mods for the community. They are absolutely beautiful and are greatly appreciated :)

I don’t make the RO configs. But Nessus was working on it  while ago but it takes time to get everything working correctly.

1 minute ago, Rocketry101 said:

You should wait a few hours. Anyways I WANT VERSION 5.0 BECAUSE I LOOKED AT ROADMAP AND BOY IS THAT EPIC MAN THIS MOD IS GREAT.

Why? I have it. Right now. Running on my KSP save. It's the "beta" version but the difference between it and the final version 4.0 is tops one or two minor commits. They could be bug fixes but more likely just updating the version name so it shows up a 4.0 when you check in software (like CKAN)

3 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

Why? I have it. Right now. Running on my KSP save. It's the "beta" version but the difference between it and the final version 4.0 is tops one or two minor commits. They could be bug fixes but more likely just updating the version name so it shows up a 4.0 when you check in software (like CKAN)

I had the beta for a while