[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

1 minute ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

I've been running it slightly emptier than that (ranging through to practically on fumes) for landing. That said, I'm not quite as picky where I'm landing mine - provided it comes down in the vicinity of KSC, I'm not that fussed

No BFR breakages, but I have once had the BFS break after what I thought was a pretty soft landing (I'll see if I can replicate this). The legs on the BFS jiggle loads though, even when autostrutted, to the point that it sometimes walks across the surface so much that recovery and saving is disabled.

I may know why it breaks. Will test if the collider has something to do with clipping from the engine fairing to the tank. 

4 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

im not using imgur

It really isn't that bad - and without a decent idea of what's going on, we can't really help.

Think of it this way - you've gone to the GP, but you've insisted on shutting the doctor in a different consulting room to the you, without a clinical history, and you're asking them to diagnose you anyway.

@Eaten by Black Hole If you're going to be stubborn and obstinate then how do you expect people to help you? You don't have a Gigan, other people do.

So obviously there's nothing wrong with the mod in general...

and something IS wrong with your installation...

but nobody here has the first clue what is wrong because you won't provide requested information.

You don't even need to have an account on imgur.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, damonvv said:
On 10/10/2018 at 6:05 PM, infinite_monkey said:

A side note totally unrelated to the beta: I was trying to build a Philae-like lander. I noticed the solar panels on the Pill pod seem to be inverted - they produce power only when the sun is on the flat side. And I wanted to test the grappling legs prior to send my probe actually to an asteroid. They don't seem to want to attach to anything.

Interesting on the lander, will have a look!

I just did a test mission - it grabs to the asteroid just fine. I wonder why it didn't work for resource lodes...

I didn't use the F9 for a while, as well as its kOS landing script. Now that I tested it again, it fails on engine:TOGGLEMODE. Looking at the config file of the F9 booster engine, it seems that available modes depend on KerbalActuators. I didn't have that installed previously. Any idea how switching between the 3 modes works in kOS?

Been a little sick past week. Haven't done as much as I wanted to.
But!!!!

They actuate! And they move the drag/lift around! It actually works! Thanks to @Stone Blue for the tip.
I will but another beta out tomorrow so you can play with this yourself.

20 minutes ago, rib3irojr said:

My new base with Tundra Space Center, 3 different sizes, 1 VAB, 2 Hangars and 1 Runway. This base stay on a little island on Brazil.

Very nice!

I will update this mod soon too to add a new look to Slick-40 as well as adding 39A/B pad!

pfR1bg8.jpg

19 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Very nice!

I will update this mod soon too to add a new look to Slick-40 as well as adding 39A/B pad!

pfR1bg8.jpg

Ohhh, looks beautiful. I love this mod because he take a "real" style in game, and with various types of launchpads will be wonderful!!

16 hours ago, damonvv said:

Been a little sick past week. Haven't done as much as I wanted to.
But!!!!

They actuate! And they move the drag/lift around! It actually works! Thanks to @Stone Blue for the tip.
I will but another beta out tomorrow so you can play with this yourself.

Looks gorgeous.

If Musks's mission profilestays as stated last month, when artists go around the moon, they'll be terrifed on reentry, knowing that the ship will be fully automated, just spectators. I hope, th'ey'll at least send a pilot or somekind of experienced astronaut with them

So, I got the RealPlume configs working and added plumes to the Raptor SL engine and the BFB engine cluster. The default plumes looked amazing :) , but they didn't expand in vacuum, so I added Hydrolox plumes and made them a little more red and "flamy". If you want to try it, here are my complete RO configs for the 2018 BFR: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DGrzOa6sgHp2y2pmTUkg94H8Nr_YAWk5. Here's how they look in KSP 1.3.1 with RSS and RO:

LBQjCGb.jpg

7kj6cUM.jpg

Link to imgur album

Edited by Nessus_

35 minutes ago, Nessus_ said:

So, I got the RealPlume configs working and added plumes to the Raptor SL engine and the BFB engine cluster. The default plumes looked amazing :) , but they didn't expand in vacuum, so I added Hydrolox plumes and made them a little more red and "flamy". If you want to try it, here are my complete RO configs for the 2018 BFR: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DGrzOa6sgHp2y2pmTUkg94H8Nr_YAWk5. Here's how they look in KSP 1.3.1 with RSS and RO:

Album AwdBOxi will appear when post is submitted

Holy plumes! Those look amazing!

Small thing. This is how it looks in stock size:
 g02nA4v.png

I wonder. Would you be willing to make a config based of @JadeOfMaars plume he made for BFR, and make a config that works with smokescreen so it actually expands in vac in stock scale? That would be amazing!

Edited by damonvv

8 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I wonder. Would you be willing to make a config based of @JadeOfMaars plume he made for BFR, and make a config that works with smokescreen so it actually expands in vac? That would be amazing!

Actually, I wonder why I haven't thought of that earlier :D I just looked into it, seems absolutely possible, it will just need a LOT of testing and trying around. I will start working on it over the next few days.

2 minutes ago, Nessus_ said:

Actually, I wonder why I haven't thought of that earlier :D I just looked into it, seems absolutely possible, it will just need a LOT of testing and trying around. I will start working on it over the next few days.

How much work is it to make a stock sized plume and RSS sized plume?

1 minute ago, damonvv said:

How much work is it to make a stock sized plume and RSS sized plume?

Changing the size is pretty easy, maybe the engine scale also affects the position of the plume a little bit, but changing the SmokeScreen config to match the stock engine vs the 180% scaled RSS Raptor engine is a matter of minutes. Most of the work will be to find good values for the plume grow from sea level to vacuum.

New Beta is up on Github!

Be aware << Next to all the mods needed (list in OP), you also need RetractableLiftingSurface in order to have the fins react with the lift/drag during descent.
Be aware << Make sure you have Animated Decouplers installed to get the nice animation on Ghidorah Heavy! (Make sure your staging is right and turn off the sideboosters before staging!)

Enjoy!

N2v25ri.png

Edited by damonvv

40 minutes ago, damonvv said:

New Beta is up on Github!

Be aware << Next to all the mods needed (list in OP), you also need RetractableLiftingSurface in order to have the fins react with the lift/drag during descent.
Be aware << Make sure you have Animated Decouplers installed to get the nice animation on Ghidorah Heavy! (Make sure your staging is right and turn off the sideboosters before staging!)

Enjoy!

N2v25ri.png

So hyped for this!!