[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

11 hours ago, Naeth Kerman said:

But... They said they hated doing that... What?

I don't think its that much of an issue... Its a lot of work to model and create a new part when its so easy to just put some fuel tanks in the fairing. Just put them in and don't open the fairing, you won't even know they're there

13 hours ago, Naeth Kerman said:

But... They said they hated doing that... What?

Well, the problem is that I am not going to touch Starship for a while. I have many things on my roadmap I would like to finish first. Starship revamp will come later.

Don't worry about the people constantly wanting more and more Damon! Just know that we appreciate everything done on this mod so far and take all the time you need because you've already made and have done so much for us! Thanks-a so much-aaaa!!! :3

2 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

@Giancarlo Kerman For the Starship to use methane, you need either Rational Resources or CryoTanksMethalox

Ahhh okay thanks for the quick response!

Update: I tried reinstalling Tundra Exploration, I tried installing Rational resources AND CryoTanks.

still no success sadly :( not sure if its a bug or a conflict but I guess I will just wait till it sorts itself out

Edited by Giancarlo Kerman
update

On 3/6/2021 at 9:16 PM, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Ahhh okay thanks for the quick response!

Update: I tried reinstalling Tundra Exploration, I tried installing Rational resources AND CryoTanks.

still no success sadly :( not sure if its a bug or a conflict but I guess I will just wait till it sorts itself out

You might have to install the original cryo tanks mod, as far as I know :P 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:33 PM, JSlone said:

Don't worry about the people constantly wanting more and more Damon! Just know that we appreciate everything done on this mod so far and take all the time you need because you've already made and have done so much for us! Thanks-a so much-aaaa!!! :3

Ya, ya. I'm sorry @damonvv:blush:

I guess I can live with shoving tanks inside the cargo's nose :( 

Either way, your mod is great, and I won't stop using it for a very long time :) !

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

On 3/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Rational resources

Do you have Community Resource Pack? Both RR and CryoTanks have it as a dependency, and there would be no Methane resource without it in the first place.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Do you have Community Resource Pack? Both RR and CryoTanks have it as a dependency, and there would be no Methane resource without it in the first place.

yes I do, for now though, im staying with the Lf/o rather than the methalox, would rather enjoy the game right now than risk breaking something else

13 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Parachute on Rodan Crew and Cargo?

Not really something I want to make. KK made a more realistic dragon you can use which does have chutes!

On 3/9/2021 at 6:01 AM, NicAg said:

Hey @damonvv I am currently developing a starship lunar lander model and would love to ask you a few questions and maybe could use your help lmk if your interested 

I am currently not planning on making the lunar Starship since it is still in its early stage. But feel free to ask away

On 3/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, SpaceX_Boi said:

Flags aren't the problem. In fact, like @Spaceman.Spiff said, it isn't a problem at all. That's just the natural way that Starship behaves in the game. If your problem is that during re-entry, you try to keep going down, put since you're pitched up a little, you AP will come down to you, and then start going up? If it is, just do what the Space Shuttle would do. Try turning Starship by rolling and yawing to where you would like. This can kind of mess with your inclination, but you can turn the other way if you have to. Then if you want to kill your horizontal velocity entirely, just pitch up as much as you can, so the belly kills your speed, reducing the chance of you ascending again. Just don't do this when your going super fast in the thicker parts of the atmosphere, because it will cause some pretty big G's on your ship and Kerbals. ;) 

And by the way, if you don't like your profile picture, you can change it in your profile, since you have posted over 5 posts ;) 

Yeah, I was just making sure since one time, i put ice flags on my starship and it behaved like an over powered plane, and when I took them off, it was fixed.

Hey Damon!

I love Tundra, the models you have are absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward for what's to come.

I've been having an issue recently though where every time I descend from Apogee in Gojira Mk4 (SN8) I have no drag keeping me at a constant speed of ~70m/s, so my craft breaks up on descent. 
I do use a Tweakscale version to 9m diameter but I haven't had any issues previously.
This issue has only been appearing recently for me though, and I do add extra parts now to make it look more realistic.

If you have any idea what's up then please let me know how to resolve the issue, and if you do need any more info, then do ask.

Once again, I absolutely love the mod. I appreciate what you've done.
Thanks,
RichieLH271 :)

My descent looks like this (ignore TU being weird) - https://imgur.com/MW9qTo1