[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Hey there!

I recently downloaded Tundra and was messing around with Starship, but I was wondering whether the fins actually work. I made sure to active pitch, yaw, and roll, but they don't seem to be moving. Any solutions? Thanks a lot!

@Om0ryou need to set them to deploy/rectract in you action groups.they don't operate like ailerons or elevators on a plane. I set my front left fin to action group 1, front right to 2, left back to 3, and right back to 4. it's served me very on descents into duna and kerbin, and soon will be landing on laythe. hope that helps!

Edited by TomfooleryYT

5 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

is there any way to enable more functionality with USI? The Mk4 Starship has no habitat or recycle ability, making interplanetary travel nearly impossible with USI.

I had support for USI but I think @JadeOfMaar removed the configs because Snacks! works a little better

4 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

any way to reenable that functionality?

I noticed that USI has changed over the years. Some modules don't even exist anymore. I haven't used USI LS in so long that I'm not sure what to do. If anyone wants to make a MM patch for it be my guest, I'll happily add it!

@TomfooleryYT @damonvv I did not remove the USI config. It's still there, however, while it supports Mk3 Starship and the small pods, it actually doesn't provide for Mk4 Starship. That is easily fixed.

Spoiler

Open Tundra's Extra_USI.cfg and make this change:

// line 45, from
@PART[TE_18_BFS_CommandPod]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
// to
@PART[TE_18_BFS_CommandPod|TE2_19_SS_Crew_Pod]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@TomfooleryYT @damonvv I did not remove the USI config. It's still there, however, while it supports Mk3 Starship and the small pods, it actually doesn't provide for Mk4 Starship. That is easily fixed.

Hide contents

// line 45, from
// to

THANK YOU SIR. WE ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.  

Edited by TomfooleryYT

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Reveal hidden contents

// line 45, from
// to

@JadeOfMaar okay so, that didn't enable usi habitation module....for some reason. that however enable pathfinder's storage module on the MK4 command pods. While I'm not complaining as much (it's great to be able to use those ships for some cargo as well) I still need hab and home module on the command pod to use it longer term.

Either that or I did something vastly wrong...but I followed the instructionsnvqFjtw.pngrOuTH5k.png

Edited by TomfooleryYT

On 8/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, TomfooleryYT said:

@Om0ryou need to set them to deploy/rectract in you action groups.they don't operate like ailerons or elevators on a plane. I set my front left fin to action group 1, front right to 2, left back to 3, and right back to 4. it's served me very on descents into duna and kerbin, and soon will be landing on laythe. hope that helps!

On 8/22/2020 at 3:59 PM, Om0r said:

Hey there!

I recently downloaded Tundra and was messing around with Starship, but I was wondering whether the fins actually work. I made sure to active pitch, yaw, and roll, but they don't seem to be moving. Any solutions? Thanks a lot!

The fins works even without all of this. When I tried, they didn't angle much when I was on the pad but they were working during reentry. This way, they work fine with SAS as well.

1 minute ago, TomfooleryYT said:

@sam972 do they? they don't in my game. I have to manually control each of them all the way down. is there some mod to enable pitch roll and yaw maneuvering?

Try changing the command pod's control point to 'docking', then the fins should actuate fully.

Tundra Exploration V2.1.0 is live!

- Added drag cubes to erectors
- Fixed USI patches
- Fixed drag cubes with B9PS modules
- Fixed Ghidorah 9 Fairing texture
- Fixed soot on Ghidorah nose cone
- B9 LS switch to Gojira pods
- Fixed CC tank volume
- Added Configurable Containers support

Link in the OP.

Happy launches!

Is it planned  menu for texture unlimited GUI on starship mk4?

Also I use tweak scale and alltweak mod - but sadly - cant resize Falcon 9 tanks.. Can you add support cfg for this?

Can someone share with Falacon Heavy craft mod?  -but not broken in the mod ship folder

Edited by Ciko

@damonvv so the usi patch isn't doing what I think it's supposed to do? I didn't have pathfinder configurable storage on the mk4 before, but now I do and the mk4 still has no habitation module on it from what I'm seeing. can anyone confirm that on their games?

unless the mk4 command pod has habitation on by defualt? I honestly can't tell

Edited by TomfooleryYT

4 hours ago, Specia1 said:

All the craft files that come with the mod apart from the Gojira Mk4 says "Contains locked or invalid parts" am i missing something or do i have to build them myself now?

What parts are missing? What KSP version? TE version? I need more info..

6 hours ago, ItsSnowyy said:

will u update the realism overhaul patches

Eventually yes!

19 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

@damonvv so the usi patch isn't doing what I think it's supposed to do? I didn't have pathfinder configurable storage on the mk4 before, but now I do and the mk4 still has no habitation module on it from what I'm seeing. can anyone confirm that on their games?

unless the mk4 command pod has habitation on by defualt? I honestly can't tell

Interesting, I haven't tested it myself but from what @JadeOfMaar told me he added support for it

Good guess is that @Specia1 is using newer TE on older KSP (so the craft files, being built in newer KSP, are marked as incompatible). Otherwise, they all contain parts from the recommended mods which likely aren't installed, like KRE for the landing legs and gridfins.

I can't begin to imagine how making an edit to the USI patch causes the Pathfinder patch to apply to that part. I'll look into it soon-ish. But I'd like to point out that I'm not one to use USI and WBI together since support between the two is very scant and I like Snacks!