[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

I noticed something strange: it seems that drag isn't applied to the starship booster. I tried to land it but it continued to accelerate (The booster was going at 1200+ m/s at 3000m) even though the aerodynamic forces overlay was showing lots of drag and Kerbal Engineer  was reading 0.3 - 0.4 Gs. Has anyone had the same problem?

EDIT: The booster would eventually slow down but not nearly as fast as it should (it started slowing down when the G-meter was showing about 1.5Gs)

Edited by Sam972

Great mod but for some reason I cannot right click some parts from it, such as the command pods and some engines, when I try to right click them I cannot RMB anything anymore and to fix i need to leave and enter the VAB/SPH

Fuel tanks and the other parts are working fine though

Edited by Neil Kermstrong
Idk

3 hours ago, Neil Kermstrong said:

Great mod but for some reason I cannot right click some parts from it, such as the command pods and some engines, when I try to right click them I cannot RMB anything anymore and to fix i need to leave and enter the VAB/SPH

eh, it also happens to me but really dont care about it, i will put a part and remove it and get the command pod or just reload the save, whatever works

1 minute ago, miguelsgamingch said:

eh, it also happens to me but really dont care about it, i will put a part and remove it and get the command pod or just reload the save, whatever works

yep, the important is that it works.

btw, do you know how to make the engines work? it says they need Kerosene (or something like that) but i don't see any fuel tank with it. maybe its because I dont have enough tech?

4 hours ago, Neil Kermstrong said:

It's possible that you have some mod installed that adds non-stock resources to the parts but you don't have Community Resource Pack installed. So KSP breaks due to undefined resources.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's possible that you have some mod installed that adds non-stock resources to the parts but you don't have Community Resource Pack installed. So KSP breaks due to undefined resources.

well i do have community resource pack but doesn't have any file or config related to kerosene. i also dont remember installing a mod with that resource

29 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Neil Kermstrong Kerosene definitely should be defined in CRP. Perhaps you have an RO-related mod installed, like Tundra's RO patch, Advanced Jet Engine, RealFuels...?  I would need to see your KSP/Logs/ModuleManager, your KSP/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, and your KSP.log

Well I tested it without realism overhaul or it's mods and the same was happening.

I can't send the log now because I'm busy though

On 8/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, Elro2k said:

Just thought I'd share a cool image with you guys. I recently added a landing pad to my Lunar Outpost using Kerbal Konstructs and it's a great place to land Starship! I'm having a lot of fun with this mod and use it all the time!

03FMXPd.jpg

Where did you get that launching/landing platform from?? I love it!

On 8/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, Sam972 said:

I noticed something strange: it seems that drag isn't applied to the starship booster. I tried to land it but it continued to accelerate (The booster was going at 1200+ m/s at 3000m) even though the aerodynamic forces overlay was showing lots of drag and Kerbal Engineer  was reading 0.3 - 0.4 Gs. Has anyone had the same problem?

EDIT: The booster would eventually slow down but not nearly as fast as it should (it started slowing down when the G-meter was showing about 1.5Gs)

The whole starship system is so complex that KSP wasn't really made for this. I will look into it but I have a feeling not much can be done

8 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Where did you get that launching/landing platform from?? I love it!

The mod Kerbal Konstructs. It allows players to add all types of buildings to planets, including launch pads and VAB's. They're even functional, meaning I can build a rocket on Kerbin and launch it from the Mun! It goes really well with Tundra and is a great place to land the starship or other landers. 

1 hour ago, Elro2k said:

The mod Kerbal Konstructs. It allows players to add all types of buildings to planets, including launch pads and VAB's. They're even functional, meaning I can build a rocket on Kerbin and launch it from the Mun! It goes really well with Tundra and is a great place to land the starship or other landers. 

You Gave Me An Idea

Ok I looked at the engines cfg folders and they all say the engines use liquid fuel and oxidizer (but in-game they use other resources)

Another thing I've noticed, CKAN says I have RealFuels Stock installed even though it's not on my game folder (and I know that mod does some changes to Tundra Exploration), maybe that's the problem?

On 3/17/2019 at 5:14 PM, damonvv said:

Solar panels are blue because that's inline with KSP. But they are already looking pretty good with this new shader on them.

Also sneak peak at upgraded Erector: (NO more need for AdvancedTextures mod)
mZ6380i.png

With a better node to proper align @AlphaMensaes FSS tower:
u3ZvJCb.png

Rodan launch 

More mods that are currently listed as "dependency" will soon be no longer needed for this mod to work. But takes time.

Where can I find this?