[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

Tundra Exploration version 4.1 is out!

- Added Ghidorah Extended Fairing
- Fixed ModuleCargoBay in Ghidorah Fairings (Thanks @JadeOfMaar for helping me out on this!)
- Fixed Ghidorah Fairing Adapter size order
- Fixed black raceway on Block 5 GH interstage
- Fixed Mothra Interstage tech tree
- Fixed Mothra Payload Fairing connection issues
- Updated Categories.cfg

I also added support to this wonderful mod!

Happy launches! 

jJZfgPD.jpg

Edited by damonvv

3 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Super excited for this one specially when it has been mentioned in roadmap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Tundra Exploration version 4.1 is out!

- Added Ghidorah Extended Fairing
- Fixed ModuleCargoBay in Ghidorah Fairings (Thanks @JadeOfMaar for helping me out on this!)
- Fixed Ghidorah Fairing Adapter size order
- Fixed black raceway on Block 5 GH interstage
- Fixed Mothra Interstage tech tree
- Fixed Mothra Payload Fairing connection issues
- Updated Categories.cfg

I also added support to this wonderful mod!

Happy launches! 

jJZfgPD.jpg

EXTENDED FARING BIGGER PAYLOAD YAY (AND THANKS FOR ADDING SUPPORT FOR KERBAL CHANGELOG)!

5 hours ago, damonvv said:

Fixed Mothra Payload Fairing connection issues

I love you! <3 Thanks for finding the issue and updating this, now I can keep my part count low and make some launchers.

6 hours ago, IsaQuest said:

What do you mean by SN15 design? It isnt that much different than the current Gojira. Do you mean the dearMoon design??

Current SN Starship looks horrible. I need to make a better one that isn’t rushed.

14 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Somehow it works alot better, dunno if its some wierd placebo but I can actually perform a bellyflop and land sn8

Cause you don't have to deal with the huge horizontal velocity you'd have on a normal reentry, they work exactly the same for me

2 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Cause you don't have to deal with the huge horizontal velocity you'd have on a normal reentry, they work exactly the same for me

I figured it out, I’ve know learned I need to let it glide for a while as a supersonic grain tank before flipping.

5 hours ago, damonvv said:

Current SN Starship looks horrible. I need to make a better one that isn’t rushed.

When we see BN2 take shape, will you be making a superheavy prototype like starship? It would be quite nice to see! :) 

9 minutes ago, Hatattack said:

When we see BN2 take shape, will you be making a superheavy prototype like starship? It would be quite nice to see! :) 

If you check the roadmap @damonvv is busy with many other great things so you shouldn’t request much we already have lunar starship in the works give it time ok?

On 4/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, damonvv said:

Oh my mistake! TE v4.0 should be compatible with 1.8.1. I haven't tested it myself but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work!

Hello, tundra exploration v3.x and 4.x have incompatibility on ksp 1.8.1 in VAB when I try to move Rodan command pod, Rodan cargo pod and glgan command pod they disappear and i don't can do nothing more

bug_te.png

I tried reinstalling the game with just tundra mode + dependencies and the problem persists.

Hello, tundra exploration v3.x and 4.x have incompatibility on ksp 1.8.1 in VAB when I try to move Rodan command pod, Rodan cargo pod and glgan command pod they disappear and i don't can do nothing more 

I tried reinstalling the game with just the tundra + mode the outbuildings and the problem persists.

Edited by Hiroshidan

I have a couple of suggestions for TE v6.0. Maybe consider doing SpaceX rocket designs that never flew. For example, Falcon 1-E, Falcon 5 or Falcon 9 Air. (Falcon 9 Air would be far more involved than the other two since you either need to design it to fit existing aircraft in the game or you have to make your own stratolauncher).

4 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Would it be possible for Starship's control surfaces to be dynamic, they move a little bit but not by much and the aft fins don't move at all. It would be nice for the fins to dynamically change position to keep the thing stable while in flight.

Sadly no. Due to limitations of how the stock elevon modules work, WASD input is disabled and should be left that way. Make an action group each for the head fins' deploy, and the tail fins' deploy, and mash buttons as necessary. That's how they're meant to be used.

So just started using this mod, and whenever I try and make a starship, I set the tanks to liquid methane and the engines as well, but when I try to launch the tanks switch back to LFO. Not really sure if this is a mod conflict or what. I can provide additional information if needed