[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

I have an idea and I'd totally do it if I knew how to make mods, but could we get even more satellites to go with the rockets like the GPS III satellites, Telstar 18 Vantage, or even space telescopes and NASA spacecrafts like Cassini, Kepler ST, Hubble ST, and the Voyager Probes?

Edited by boylesmason113

4 hours ago, boylesmason113 said:

I have an idea and I'd totally do it if I knew how to make mods, but could we get even more satellites to go with the rockets like the GPS III satellites, Telstar 18 Vantage, or even space telescopes and NASA spacecrafts like Cassini, Kepler ST, Hubble ST, and the Voyager Probes?

Maybe customizable satellite buses like the Lockheed Martin A2100.

What's with cargo Starship version? I am sooo excited to finally start using cargo Staship insted of old Space Shuttles, they are really looks ancient compared to other parts of my near future-style space programm. I mean, I don't teally need crew version because i can use Skylon-style SSTOs to send kerbals to the space station in KEO and Orion-style vehicle to transfer crew to other planets, but when it's time to launch a ~50t of construstion materials (especially to other planets) or new 3.75 station modules... It's something that cannot be done with Skylon and still too light for vasting huge partially-reusable New Glenn-style vehicles, but just fine for fully reusable Starship, that can also serve as heavy cargo lander... Meh, i just can't wait!!!

20 hours ago, NiL said:

What's with cargo Starship version? I am sooo excited to finally start using cargo Staship insted of old Space Shuttles, they are really looks ancient compared to other parts of my near future-style space programm. I mean, I don't teally need crew version because i can use Skylon-style SSTOs to send kerbals to the space station in KEO and Orion-style vehicle to transfer crew to other planets, but when it's time to launch a ~50t of construstion materials (especially to other planets) or new 3.75 station modules... It's something that cannot be done with Skylon and still too light for vasting huge partially-reusable New Glenn-style vehicles, but just fine for fully reusable Starship, that can also serve as heavy cargo lander... Meh, i just can't wait!!!

Elon said we will get more info on june 20th. So I will wait until then. 

8 hours ago, FutureMartian97 said:

You know what to do :P

Wow... thats an FPS killer right there.. Will take a look!

4 hours ago, damonvv said:

Elon said we will get more info on june 20th. So I will wait until then.

Huh, and on 30th new DLC coming out? So much nice things coming soon!

Hey! First of all, I'm loving the mod. 

Second, I have a few ideas for you. I'm not going to be offended, but I do see that you are planning to have the 2019 version of Starship. If/when you do, I think it would be nice if the stock KSP texture switching was used to chose between carbon fibre and steel. In addition, it would be cool to have a built-in heatshield that drains LiquidFuel to protect from heat. 

The other thing I think is missing is the sattelite deployer/cargo Starship with the big swinging front door. That would be really fun to have.

Other than that, IVAs for the Starship would be nice. 

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining; I love your mod and have used it for quite some time (with little success due to my mediocre piloting skills, though I did land on Duna!). 

Another idea would be to modify the Rodan (Crew Dragon) command pod so that it doesn't have the landing legs. SpaceX is just doing a parachute landing at this point if I remember correctly.

Other than that, I honestly can't think of too many improvements! Your mod is amazing as it is!

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

Hey! First of all, I'm loving the mod. 

Hey! Thank you!

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

Second, I have a few ideas for you. I'm not going to be offended, but I do see that you are planning to have the 2019 version of Starship. If/when you do, I think it would be nice if the stock KSP texture switching was used to chose between carbon fibre and steel. In addition, it would be cool to have a built-in heatshield that drains LiquidFuel to protect from heat.

Will be tough to have that option. I can't let the heatshield drain fuel if you have texture A activated and not draining fuel when B is activated. But I will look and see if there's a way.

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

The other thing I think is missing is the sattelite deployer/cargo Starship with the big swinging front door. That would be really fun to have.

I've said a few times that I will make that one once june 20th is over!

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

Other than that, IVAs for the Starship would be nice. 

See above.

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

Another idea would be to modify the Rodan (Crew Dragon) command pod so that it doesn't have the landing legs. SpaceX is just doing a parachute landing at this point if I remember correctly.

This is pure optional. You are not required to deploy the legs. I just made it available for people who still want to land their command pod.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Tell me more.

All the asteroids in my save are enormous. Idk why. Has KSP changed anything with the asteroids? I've had this save for almost a year, so I might have edited some configs a while back and forgotten about it, but the last time I remember editing the PotatoRoid config, it didn't work.

Edited by eskimo22

4 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

All the asteroids in my save are enormous. Idk why. Has KSP changed anything with the asteroids?

USI Asteroid Recycling Tech makes asteroids larger and heavier. It's the first, if not only mod that does this. Whirligig World (a planet pack) may also possess the config as its maker became curious of the same.

12 hours ago, spritefun said:

Hi, is there a Dragon Pod IVA that has just blank basic screens? When I use ASET and the avionics pack, it slows down my game.

KR,

Peter

Could do that yeah!