[1.12.x] Tundra Exploration - v7.0 (Nov 5th, 2023) - (Re)Stockalike SpaceX Falcon 9, (Crew) Dragon (XL) & Haven-1!

Damon

51 minutes ago, mxi_steel said:

hi! how long could i expect a burn using rcs? (in seconds and mins)

It depends on the dV required, of course, but as long as you’re just moving around in LKO it should be less than 60 seconds. If you don’t have it, KER gives a lot of information on RCS performance under the Vessel tab.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:53 AM, Fulcrum said:

Good morning all,
Beginner player on KSP 1.10.1 I have a small problem and despite my research (perhaps incomplete), I cannot find the solution.
I have stored KSP parts in the "advanced part toolbox mode" and am delighted to be able to organize my own part layout.
Unfortunately, "OPT, Near Future Launch Vehicle and Tundra Exploration" adds a new coin icon to me every time the game is launched. So I end up with a bunch of identical parts icons.
I delete these icons every time, but nothing helps, I tried deleting them directly in "GameData / Squad / Partlist / PartCategories.cfg", but it is useless.
Is there a workaround to keep only one icon of these mods in the "advanced parts toolbox mode"?
Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to read me. Good game everyone.

Some  mods, like Tundra and OPT, provide their own stock custom category via a .cfg file.

If however, you then make your own custom category, or even accidentally click the little "+" symbol that now appears in the part icons, KSP will create its own custom category .cfg and copy over tyhe ones from the mods, resulting in those duplicate category icons.

The solution is to go into the GameData/Squad/PartList folder and delete the custom category .cfg file that will be there.

If you want to make your own custom categories as well as have those from Tundra and OPT and whatever other mods, then you have to keep the KSP-created .cfg and delete the ones in the mods themselves. 

15 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

If however, you then make your own custom category, or even accidentally click the little "+" symbol that now appears in the part icons, KSP will create its own custom category .cfg and copy over tyhe ones from the mods, resulting in those duplicate category icons.

Ohhhhh, that's why that happened! :o

LngoZcO.png

This randomly happens when I put a cargo starship on the pad. This never happens if the payload bay is empty. Here are the contents of my gamedata folder:

oDGpd0j.png

MdR3ZXD.png

I'm running 1.11.1, the latest version. Any ideas as to what might be causing this or how I can fix it?  Waiting on the pad for a while stops the weird plume for some reason, but even then only sometimes. This is really confusing lol.

The plume seems to be originating from the Superheavy booster. When it separates the plume either stops or stays "attached" to the booster.

Edited by FatherOfGold
New information

On 2/2/2021 at 3:41 AM, AlphaMensae said:

Some  mods, like Tundra and OPT, provide their own stock custom category via a .cfg file.

The solution is to go into the GameData/Squad/PartList folder and delete the custom category .cfg file that will be there.

If you want to make your own custom categories as well as have those from Tundra and OPT and whatever other mods, then you have to keep the KSP-created .cfg and delete the ones in the mods themselves. 

Thank you very much, I didn't know you could delete .cfg files from a mod. Thank you for taking the trouble to take my problem into account.

3 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

This randomly happens when I put a cargo starship on the pad. This never happens if the payload bay is empty. Here are the contents of my gamedata folder:

I'm running 1.11.1, the latest version. Any ideas as to what might be causing this or how I can fix it?  Waiting on the pad for a while stops the weird plume for some reason, but even then only sometimes. This is really confusing lol.

The plume seems to be originating from the Superheavy booster. When it separates the plume either stops or stays "attached" to the booster.

I guess a mod adds the smoke but I have no clue which mod causes this. Your install is too big for me to troubleshoot.

Edited by damonvv

5 hours ago, FatherOfGold said:

LngoZcO.png

oDGpd0j.png

MdR3ZXD.png

I'm pretty sure those smoke effects originate from DestructionEffects. What you can do about them, I have no idea.

6 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

Are there any mods that add a docking port wide enough to dock with the bottom of the MK4 starship? if not can I put in a request for there to be one?

The bottoms of the starships already dock together :)

2 minutes ago, Hatattack said:

The bottoms of the starships already dock together :)

I'm aware of that, but I want to have dockable addons, such as a nuclear tug or a habitation ring, etc. the only way I can see of doing this is using the SH's decoupler, but then it wouldn't be able to redock to the addon craft.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:38 AM, FatherOfGold said:

LngoZcO.png

oDGpd0j.png

MdR3ZXD.png

On 2/3/2021 at 5:38 AM, damonvv said:

I guess a mod adds the smoke but I have no clue which mod causes this. Your install is too big for me to troubleshoot.

Destruction Effects is what causes the plume. The only solution I can think of is to uninstall that mod.

hi I am currently playing in 1.9.1 and I have encountered a problem, as soon as I load the Gojira and Ghidora module both in the assembly building and in the launch track the game goes to me at 9 fps and sometimes it blocks the whole computer, this is mine list mod. 

d9ilTVj.png

hSkECP7.png

2uvANtr.png

please help me because i can't get over this problem

5 hours ago, Messeno said:

hi I am currently playing in 1.9.1 and I have encountered a problem, as soon as I load the Gojira and Ghidora module both in the assembly building and in the launch track the game goes to me at 9 fps and sometimes it blocks the whole computer, this is mine list mod. 

please help me because i can't get over this problem

I notice that you have HabTech twice in your install, one of which is the entire github entry. Also I see a GameData folder inside your Gamedata folder? Please make sure your install is correct. Apart from your PC specs I suspect something is really broken in your install. You should really pay good attention how you install the mods. Please read this:

Does someone have a reentry landing script for Starship? I can't get it to land on target, I'm too dumb. Mind sharing yours if you have one?

I could write my own one, although I've never made one ever... so that's why I'm asking first...

Thank you guys!

Edited by adriangm44

Hi! :D 

I have been using this mod for almost a year, and words cannot describe how great it is!!!111 <3 <3 :sticktongue:

I have a few questions though, and here they are:

How is @Nessus_ doing on updating the RO configs? Ever since I saw his Crewed mission to Callisto, I wanted to use the latest version of Starship in RO :(. Here is the video btw - 

Is this mod meant to be used with 2.5 scale solar system? I just tried the mod today and would love to use this with it. The upper stage of the Gidorah 9/Heavy (sorry if I spelled it wrong :blush:) seems pretty OP for the stock game...

Will the Gojira Mk4 command pod ever have a tanker/surface cargo variant, so we don't just have to shove fuel tanks inside the nose of a cargo version, and easily deliver large cargo to the surface :huh:?

Will the Rodans ever have black instead of gray? It would make them look pretty cool :cool:

also R.I.P. SN9, May SN10 stick the landing :wink:

sorry if my post is a little bit big

Edited by SpaceX_Boi